2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

So this weekend the Sens play the Sharks (who just won against New York 9-2) and the Ducks (who just won against New York 6-0) in back to back nights.

I'm not looking forward to this too much.

maybe it's just a sign that the Rangers defense blew chunks the last two games. I mean, getting outscored 15-2 in the space of two games? That's virtually impossible.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this weekend the Sens play the Sharks (who just won against New York 9-2) and the Ducks (who just won against New York 6-0) in back to back nights.

maybe it's just a sign that the Rangers defense blew chunks the last two games. I mean, getting outscored 15-2 in the space of two games? That's virtually impossible.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa beat the Sharks. Regardless though, I'll be surprised if the Sharks win streak makes it passed the St. Louis or Dallas games.

Edit: Edler suspended three games for illegal check to the head on Hertl.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=686403&navid=nhl:topheads

I'm lost on how Stuart (Who isn't a repeat offender) got three games, while Edler (who is a repeat offender) got only three games. Not to mention the league also explains in the Stuart hit that the head wasn't the main contact point, but in a video where the league says Edler's main point of contact is the head.

It's inconsistency like this that really shows multiple flaws in the rules on the illegal check to head rule.

From these two hits, it sounds like the emphasis is determined on injury and if a penalty was called. If the league continues to punish players in this inconsistent manner, you'll have players 'fake' injuries to possibly get one of the other teams players off the ice.

While I'm not saying Nash would do that or did do that, it's going to start being used as a way to gain the advantage if the league safety board doesn't fix the rule soon.

I'm not expecting either of those teams to score 7 goals against us, I'm just not looking forward to two teams that are prone to starting off the season offensively hot coming off the coattails of huge wins.

From these two hits, it sounds like the emphasis is determined on injury and if a penalty was called. If the league continues to punish players in this inconsistent manner, you'll have players 'fake' injuries to possibly get one of the other teams players off the ice.

Conversely, if these suspensions are consistent, players will learn exactly what hits will draw which penalties/suspensions, and they could fake their way into a rival losing a player for X-amount of games.

I much prefer everything being a case-by-case deal.

MOD or SJPD? Neither, I've done nothing wrong. Reading it back the part about knowing the blonde is a season ticket hold, yes is a bit creepy, I just notice things in the background. Sorry if it made people uncomfortable, I would have never posted it.

Just a joke, man. Calm down.

There is not a worse player on the powerplay in the NHL than Milan Lucic. They need to unload this overpayed, overrated piece of garbage.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Sean Monahan. He's a beaut

COME BACK TO OTTAWA...

HISSS

Nah! He stays!

sigh... Well I guess we won't be worse than the Bulls still...

You guys also gave my Steelheads a beating on Tuesday.

Yeah, but still letting in a 4.5 GAA over the past 4 games... never less than 3.

I had the Lightning and Leafs games on side-by-side on my monitor, so, umm, at least there wasn't any potential for that to get confusing and weird.

LightningandLeafs.png

(as an asides - it would seem as if that, in exchange for winning the 2011 ECQF series despite not facing Crosby or Malkin, and STILL getting well outplayed despite that, the Lightning will never be allowed to beat the Penguins ever again. GW PPG with 18.8 seconds left in regulation. Holy crap.)

spacer.png

Archived