2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could have two 10-gamers in one week.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Reaves is a :censored:stick and I hope Lapierre gets 10 games for that hit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm probably overreacting but a I hit like that should be a 10 minute major.

There...isn't such a thing?

Got to see Carolina's uniforms in high definition tonight. They're really awful.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm probably overreacting but a I hit like that should be a 10 minute major.

There...isn't such a thing?

Got to see Carolina's uniforms in high definition tonight. They're really awful.

I actually think there is, a ten minute powerplay but not sure - or at least there used to be. Or maybe it was two combined 5 minute majors. I just remember some team getting a ten minute powerplay, but don't remember the details. I thought game misconduct plus match penalty (Intent-to-injure) constitutes two 5 min majors. But I don't believe Lapierre intentionally tried to injure Boyle, so.

Lapierre got a game misconduct, a five minute major for the hit on Boyle and a fighting major.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400484332

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Did Lapierre recieve 5 and a game for that? And yes, that should be 10 games.

Yeah he did. Desjardins got 2 for instigating Lapierre, 5 for fighting and 10 minute misconduct. Pelech got 5, 10 and game. So it was going to be a 3-min PP for SJ until Vlasic was called for hooking making the PP 1:45 or something. Not sure the instigator on Desjardins should have been called in this instance.

Still the Sharks won the game. More importantly hope Boyle is okay. So far it's looking positive. He's moving and was responsive.

I actually think there is, a ten minute powerplay but not sure - or at least there used to be. Or maybe it was two combined 5 minute majors. I just remember some team getting a ten minute powerplay, but don't remember the details. I thought game misconduct plus match penalty (Intent-to-injure) constitutes two 5 min majors. But I don't believe Lapierre intentionally tried to injure Boyle, so.

There is no game misconduct + match penalty. There's five + game or match penalty, which in practice are the same thing, but I've never heard of assessing both. And with Lapierre, as with Torres, you have to err on the side of intent at this point.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived