2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

The Devils are the only team left without a win...and there are still 2 teams below them in the standings. OITGDNHL

It's actually three, and god damn is this stupid:

NJStandings_zps4f08f6d0.png

Not as stupid as what's going on at the "Wild Card" tab on the standings page, but still pretty dumb.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Devils are the only team left without a win...and there are still 2 teams below them in the standings. OITGDNHL

It's actually three, and god damn is this stupid:

NJStandings_zps4f08f6d0.png

Not as stupid as what's going on at the "Wild Card" tab on the standings page, but still pretty dumb.

Mind blown.

Meanwhile, at the rate we're going, next year we're going to have to invent a safety measure called "hybrid boarding." "Well, you seemed as if you were about to pancake yet another guy's face into the dashers and concuss him. You were just a few more feet out than you would have preferred to have been. That's a five-minute major for hybrid boarding."

Jacob Trouba just tripped over Jordan Leopold and went face-first into the boards even though Leopold didn't commit a foul. I guess this is hybrid boarding!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Finally decided to check in for the 2013-14 NHL season. Taking advantage of my NHL Center Ice package by watching the Lt. Colonel's favorite team take on the Ducks. Going to Rangers - Jackets on Nov. 7th. I've never jumped on board an NHL season this early in the year.

BB52Big.jpg

Ducks making the Coyotes feel at home tonight by playing in a half-empty arena.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Finally decided to check in for the 2013-14 NHL season. Taking advantage of my NHL Center Ice package by watching the Lt. Colonel's favorite team take on the Ducks. Going to Rangers - Jackets on Nov. 7th. I've never jumped on board an NHL season this early in the year.

At least you waited long enough to skip that stretch where the Rangers were giving up, on average, three goals a period.

spacer.png

Stupid shootout for the Ducks 6th win in a row. I like it. 6-1-0. Keeping pace with the top of the division is something I like, especially with all those years of slow starts in the recent past. I like this a lot more.

And for Sodboy, the attendance was 13,206 (out of 17,174). Not full but not half empty. For whatever reason, it's always been this way for Coyotes games in Anaheim. They've never been able to draw a crowd for Coyotes games, no matter the day or point in the schedule. I can't explain it.

Stupid shootout for the Ducks 6th win in a row. I like it. 6-1-0. Keeping pace with the top of the division is something I like, especially with all those years of slow starts in the recent past. I like this a lot more.

And for Sodboy, the attendance was 13,206 (out of 17,174). Not full but not half empty. For whatever reason, it's always been this way for Coyotes games in Anaheim. They've never been able to draw a crowd for Coyotes games, no matter the day or point in the schedule. I can't explain it.

I don't get it either. I mean who turns down a chance to see Shane Doan?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well I don't mean like that. I mean no matter what day it is, they can't fill for the Coyotes. You'd think on like a Friday or a Sunday you'd get more, but it's no different than a Wednesday game would be.

A Friday game against almost anyone else would get at least 15K. And they had over capacity sellouts for the first two games (home opener Thursday vs NYR, Throwback Sunday night vs Ottawa and Bobby Ryan), and 14,051 on Wednesday vs Calgary.

Idk. I've always found it to be a bit of an oddity. And It can't simply be a lack of traveling Yotes fans.

Winnipeg blows the goal horn on shootout saves. I find this a bit gratuitous. I don't even like when teams have the horn going off for shootout goals.

That could be resolved by dumping the shootout.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

]For whatever reason, it's always been this way for Coyotes games in Anaheim. They've never been able to draw a crowd for Coyotes games, no matter the day or point in the schedule. I can't explain it.

Because the Coyotes are :censored: ing boring as hell to watch and there is so much that organization represents that is wrong about the current state of the NHL. It makes sense that folks in Orange County have better ways to spend their money on a given night than making a trek to the Pond to see their Ducks playing effing Phoenix.

spacer.png

Archived