2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

For those who have attended one: What is the best vantage point for a hockey game in a baseball stadium? High-up behind the plate?

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the "odd reason" was probably me posting the M. Bison Yes video like ten times and crashing the board.

The Hawks are not very impressive yet. Trying to keep my sanity about it, but let's see you keep your sanity when you blow leads in the third to the Lightning, Hurricanes, and Panthers in two weeks.

And yeah, I think it's already time for the Devils to start selling off the parts. I don't know what they thought they were doing. Ryane Clowe!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Oilers actually won! This could be a turnaround, or... It could be the classic win 1, lose 3, win 1, lose 2, win 2, lose 7, win 3, lose 2, etc.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Oh, I just want to add that I love Tim Thomas's plain matte-white goalie mask. It reminds me of Homer's boxing robe that just said "Opponent" on the back.

The Leafs were thoroughly outplayed by Chicago on Saturday, so it's nice to see them come back with a huge win against a very impressive Ducks team.

Well it helps that these Leafs are one of the luckiest damned teams I've ever watched.

It looked like any other game in the last seven wins at the start at 2-0, holding the Leafs off the shot chart. But one chinsy (chinsy) penalty, a power play goal, and a few bounces the Leafs way and it all changes. And just when I thought the Ducks PP woes were over on Sunday, they're gripping their sticks tighter than ever tonight.

Blah. Not the ideal start to this 8-game road trip, but hey. They'll win that game more times than not, I think. Get right bak at it with Montreal/Ottawa back to back Thursday/Friday. (And I'll be there! :D Can't wait.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm sure it must've gotten lost, and it's not like I specifically addressed you on it, but is this Ducks team different from last year's hot start in that they're much better at even strength and not getting outshot?

I'm sure it must've gotten lost, and it's not like I specifically addressed you on it, but is this Ducks team different from last year's hot start in that they're much better at even strength and not getting outshot?

I saw it haha. I meant to get proper statistics to back it up before responding, but it got lost among the stuff.

But yeah, without looking it up, you are correct. This group is playing much better than last year's, despite the practically equal record. It's why despite the awful PP numbers so far, I'm ok with it because of their even strength play. I feel much better about the group as a whole because of that. With the talent they can throw out, the PP will come along.

And while last year they were able to keep up that pace for the large majority of the season, they got bogged down a little towards the end and against Detroit in the playoffs. This year's style of play is much more sustainable.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

7egPFOF.gif

"Evander Kane needs to start justifying his contract with better performances when it really matters."

--Gary Lawless

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

AND Hawerchuk married a girl from Gimli! Perfect! Bring back the Babych brothers too, if they still own those golf courses outside of town and the waterslides in Lockport.

Anderson might be an interesting hire. If the trigger is pulled, I expect Charlie Huddy to get the interim gig, and perhaps even stick around under the new regime as was the case with the old Jets and Billy Sutherland. I think he was hired on as an assistant under Tom McVie, and none of the other coaches after him ever bothered firing the guy, he just kinda hung around until they went to Phoenix.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I figured Anderson because of the Cheveldayoff connection, but I don't know what protocol is for hiring a minor-league coach from outside your organization. I'm guessing you have to ask permission, but since it's not a lateral move maybe not? I know the Hurricanes plucked Kirk Muller out of Milwaukee, but I don't know if they had to ask the Perds to do so. Also, hiring a coach who was successful at the AHL level but not at the NHL level doesn't really address the fundamental problem with Claude Noel, which was that he was successful at the AHL level but not the NHL level. I mean, Anderson even did his failing with this same franchise!

oh man it is gonna be him

Archived