2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the guy at the end of the video in the Leafs jersey. His face says "Ewwmagherd it's Scott Hartnell"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-it-air-canada-centre-staff-dont-recognize-philadelphia-flyers-scott-hartnell-before-maple-leafs-game/

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Skert Hertnerl

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Rangers release Johan Hedberg from his PTO. I think it's safe to say he will retire. :/

Probably, as I believe he said last season he will only play in the New York area to keep his family from moving again. Devils and Rangers are set in goal, and the Islanders are going with a younger guy in Poulin for the backup spot.

Unrelated: I hate hockey nicknames. Makes grown adults sound like blubbering babies. A goalie (which is a shortening of goaltender as it is!) becoming "tendy", chest and arm pad/unit becoming "chesty" is just dumb. Heck I was talking with an Edmonton fan the other day who repeatedly referenced "Hallsy", despite that being longer to both say and type than the real name!

Unrelated: I hate hockey nicknames. Makes grown adults sound like blubbering babies. A goalie (which is a shortening of goaltender as it is!) becoming "tendy", chest and arm pad/unit becoming "chesty" is just dumb. Heck I was talking with an Edmonton fan the other day who repeatedly referenced "Hallsy", despite that being longer to both say and type than the real name!

I can get on board with this. The diminutives are grating. Happens a ton in Australia, too.

Caps to make major announcement on Saturday, September 21.

I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement is that the Caps are hosting the 2015 Winter Classic, next year's All-Star Game or NHL Draft; or they are introducing a new or modified jersey set for next season (I'm just throwing the uniform scenario out there).

It's like a spring training invite. You can come to camp without immediately being added to the 50-man roster, at which point they either do just that or cut you loose. It's been bigger than usual this summer because the cap crunch left a lot of rank-and-file players in the lurch, as no one wanted to commit cap space to them until absolutely necessary, if then at all. Guys like Raymond who had to settle for PTOs will end up settling for something close to the league minimum.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Most of the time I would agree, but goalies are the exception. I loved Moose calls at Phillips and when we went on the road, it let him know that we were there. I went to the Devils @ Predators game in 2011 w/ a friend of mine. Turned out many other Thrashers fans had the same idea we had and we were like one big Kovalchuk/Hedberg fan section. It was great, so much fun every time he made a save.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Most of the time I would agree, but goalies are the exception. I loved Moose calls at Phillips and when we went on the road, it let him know that we were there. I went to the Devils @ Predators game in 2011 w/ a friend of mine. Turned out many other Thrashers fans had the same idea we had and we were like one big Kovalchuk/Hedberg fan section. It was great, so much fun every time he made a save.

That's different, Moose is a "real" nickname. The convention I'm speaking of would have called him Hedsy or some similar stupid crap.

42 over 7 for Nugent-Hopkins, yeah sure why not.

If that's the going rate for an AHL All-Star nowadays, Darren Haydar's gotta be pissed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived