2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blue Jackets have entered a state of being which transcends "certifiably f :censored: d".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Might it finally be time to end the hiatus on THE BEEJ???

Wisniewski scored on the PP. If that isn't a sign that The Beej is back, I don't know what is.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maybe this is going to become a thing.

Whine and moan about how our team is so horrible and playing like :censored: , only to go nuts and steal the game with a late flurry of goals.

THIS ISN'T WORKING HEY LOOK ANOTHER BLOWN 3RD PERIOD PROBABLY TOMORROW :(

Sorry guys :(

This one seemed it was almost inevitable, even with a two goal lead it turns to a two goal loss. Just watching both teams on the ice and getting a feel for the vibe of the arena, you could tell it was coming. What the difference between last year and this year? How can a team have this precipitous of a drop in confidence and overall scrappiness? The Islanders were on the brink, they were the future of the NHL, and now there's this. Yikes.

Hat Trick for Getzlaf. 2nd of his career, both this season. Take your Crosbys and your Ovechkins and shove 'em. Ryan Getzlaf should be the leading Hart Trophy candidate right now. At his best, he is truly a force. He has been out of this world this season.

Franchise record 8-in-a-row for the Ducks. Because of those effing Kings and Martin effing Jones, the Ducks have had to keep winning and they've done it. This is a damn good team, but holy Christ, this Western Conference, man.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's so weird, because for people who remember that Penguins/Islanders series last year, it seemed like nothing fazed the Isles at all. Maybe it was just because the high-scoring Penguins were the best possible matchup for the high-scoring Islanders (kinda; you know what I mean).

From up 3-1 to losing 5-3 all in the space of the third period. This is pretty remarkable what has happened to the Islanders.

--

The Devils, fresh of their "WTF?" comeback win in D.C. tonight, are now sitting 3rd in the Metro with a 15-15-7 --> 15-22 record and 37 points. They are the best truly awful hockey team I've ever seen, at least to this point of the season. I don't even know how they've won 15 games, let alone are good enough, even in the criminally awful Metro division, to be holding a playoff position.

spacer.png

Pretty good weekend for me. Ducks win two, and they win the Devils game in OT, so the Devils still got a point, which is cool (I like the Devils, probably my #2 team).

.... And look what's coming up: Caps vs Boudreau, for the first time since the firing.

It's so weird, because for people who remember that Penguins/Islanders series last year, it seemed like nothing fazed the Isles at all. Maybe it was just because the high-scoring Penguins were the best possible matchup for the high-scoring Islanders (kinda; you know what I mean).

From up 3-1 to losing 5-3 all in the space of the third period. This is pretty remarkable what has happened to the Islanders.

I think losing Streit, and Visnovsky to injury, has had a large effect on them. When your defense is 5 very young players, and Matt Carkner, you're not going to fare to well.

Maybe this is going to become a thing.

Whine and moan about how our team is so horrible and playing like :censored: , only to go nuts and steal the game with a late flurry of goals.

THIS ISN'T WORKING HEY LOOK ANOTHER BLOWN 3RD PERIOD PROBABLY TOMORROW :(

Sorry guys :(

This one seemed it was almost inevitable, even with a two goal lead it turns to a two goal loss. Just watching both teams on the ice and getting a feel for the vibe of the arena, you could tell it was coming. What the difference between last year and this year? How can a team have this precipitous of a drop in confidence and overall scrappiness? The Islanders were on the brink, they were the future of the NHL, and now there's this. Yikes.

The short of it is we have an owner who doesn't care and is only interested in spending on players to the cap floor; a GM who failed to address our biggest issues (defense and goaltending) in the offseason; and a coach who is overmatched and an out and out buffoon to boot.

The majority of our defense corps is useless (particularly Andrew McDonald and Thomas Hickey) and consistently make major mistakes in their own end that cost the team goals. We have a coach who really isn't coaching at all. Case in point more than once in the third Crapuano should have called a time out and slowed down the momentum/laid into the team for their poor play. However, he let things snowball. In the post-game press conference Stan Fischler asked Crapuano why he didn't call a time out and his response was that he doesn't call time outs and leaves it up to his centers. You can't make this up. This is what us Islanders fans have to deal with on a night in night out basis.

I've been a fan of this franchise going on over 35 years now and was lucky enough to have seen the dynasty. Yet I've also seen the Fishsticks, Milbury, Spano, missing the playoffs consistently year in, year out, years of head scratching trades, player moves and horrid draft picks (we've been rebuilding going on 7 years now. Hell government road projects get completed faster) did I mention that the majority of the scouting department was cut years back in a cost-cutting move so that we have the fewest scouts in the league, and an ownership that all but alienated the fan base (I think the only reason he bought the team was for the real estate. A deal that failed) to the point where they are now going to move, and too many years of being out of the playoff hunt by Thanksgiving. I'd love to root for another team but I'm an Islander fan. A die hard Islander fan. Rooting for someone else just wouldn't feel right. Thus, I'm screwed and continue to deal with the abuse.

Things with the Islanders aren't going to change until Wang is gone. :censored: Charles Wang!!!!!!! :censored: Garth Snow!! And :censored: Jack Crapuano!

/rant

I know it's not NHL but it still kind of fits here. Good video from sticking a cam on the helmet of an AHL ref.

I don't know why, but my favorite part is when the Rockford guy thought he was called for interfering with his own goalie and the ref said, "No, him!" at 7:45ish.

I know it's not NHL but it still kind of fits here. Good video from sticking a cam on the helmet of an AHL ref.

I don't know why, but my favorite part is when the Rockford guy thought he was called for interfering with his own goalie and the ref said, "No, him!" at 7:45ish.

I liked when they talked about waving off the goal after all the teddy bears were on the ice.

Archived