2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

If you guys hate Mike Smith, and it seems you do, you'll love the highlight from Buffalo's OT winner tonight.

Pysyk, a call-up from Buffalo's AHL affiliate in Rochester, scored when his deflected shot hit Martin Hanzal and became lodged in the back Mike Smith's jersey. The goalie retreated into his crease, unwittingly carrying the puck across the line and ending the game.

Edit:

lol that's what it takes for the Sabres to win 3 out of 4 this year.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After going down 0-2, the Ducks come back and win 3-2 in Bruce Boudreau's return to Washington. Finish 4-0 on this final Eastern road trip. Franchise record 9-game winning streak. Enter the Christmas Break with the best record in the NHL, one point over Chicago, five over the Kings and seven over the Sharks.

Everything's cool.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Sharks were leading Colorado 34-20 in SOGs, then proceeded to be stripped of that lead in like 12 seconds, then somehow proceed to get the tying goal with under 30 to play versus a young and seemingly pretty good Colorado team. I like the change of pace, showing they can still push and tie the game when many were leaving the building but Niemi is making me more and more weary with each start. Hopefully, Stalock can get a couple more whacks at high-tier talent, so we can see what he's really made out of.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Three straight SO losses for the Leafs. Five minutes of OT is simply not enough. I get that shootouts are somewhat of a necessary evil, but they don't necessarily have to be that evil. But hey, at least we got a point! :eyeroll:

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

After going down 0-2, the Ducks come back and win 3-2 in Bruce Boudreau's return to Washington. Finish 4-0 on this final Eastern road trip. Franchise record 9-game winning streak. Enter the Christmas Break with the best record in the NHL, one point over Chicago, five over the Kings and seven over the Sharks.

Everything's cool.

Hard to believe that for all of Anaheim's efforts, they only gained a couple of points on the Kings in the process (though the streak set by Jones inevitably had to end, sometime).

Flames beat the Blues. Best game all year for the boys, definitely not caving in every night and it doesn't matter who they play, they're going to bring their best.

And getting up to that 14th overall draft spot.

Eh, this draft is a crap shoot after Reinhart and Ekblad.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Everything's cool.

Hard to believe that for all of Anaheim's efforts, they only gained a couple of points on the Kings in the process (though the streak set by Jones inevitably had to end, sometime).

Yeah, it's quite annoying

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Patrick Roy chose not to hold a practice session for this game, against the champions, following a holiday break. He should forfeit any Coach of the Year talk just for that blunder. Also, lol at Giguere getting Patrick Royed.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Patrick WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The 'Hawks have an offense that simply cannot be matched anywhere else in the league. Another seven goal game tonight. Unbelievable.

The amount of disheartening anguish of this fact in Anaheim and Los Angeles shows:

brave-frustration.gif

It's funny. Combined, we are all witnessing the greatest period of NHL hockey in Southern California history (broadly, the best period in all of California hockey history if including the Sharks), and yet, it could all be marred and gone for naught by the offensive mastery of these incredible Chicago Blackhawks, a potential dynasty-in-the-making.

I hate sports when it does this to me, when a sucky team finally has its glorious period, only to be superseded by another team's dominant run.

Yeah, Anaheim is really heartbroken over this, especially when one considers that the 'Hawks haven't beaten the Ducks in their last SEVERAL meetings now.

In any case, that's just how sports work. Having multiple really good teams is a good thing. And I see no reason to think why LA couldn't beat Chicago should they meet in the playoffs. It's not exactly like the 'Hawks blew the Kings out of the water in last year's WCF; weren't all five games decided by one goal, maybe two goals if there was an ENG in there somewhere?

spacer.png

In any case, that's just how sports work. Having multiple really good teams is a good thing. And I see no reason to think why LA couldn't beat Chicago should they meet in the playoffs. It's not exactly like the 'Hawks blew the Kings out of the water in last year's WCF; weren't all five games decided by one goal, maybe two goals if there was an ENG in there somewhere?

Well, their most recent matchup a couple of weeks ago made me concerned, if not discouraged. Like I said, the Kings can play like Chicago against the other 28 teams, but not against the Blackhawks themselves, and I just want to see a rhythm to develop to prepare for a possible conference finals matchup in May. But thankfully, we won't wait that long for their next matchup (this Monday), albeit it's once again at the UC.

Archived