Teams wearing two uniforms at once

lancealot

The guy in the mismatching uniform actually played for the Spurs. He lost his uniform so the Bullets lent him one of their road uniforms and he turned the jersey inside out.

I've never been able to find a photo but supposedly a few Jets players had their uniforms stolen from the locker room in Cincinnati in 1969 and had to wear Bengals road uniforms (or at least jerseys) for that game - similar to what happened to that Spurs player in 1978.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjoFEsU21sg

Check out #29 at 0:05 and #83 at 0:55, 1:03 and 1:13.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan had players with two different sets last year...the most noticeable difference was the block M above the nameplates on one that was absent on the other...as well as a stripe under the nameplate on one. Here's an example, Gardner and Robinson wore different sets against OSU as well.

12-11-24-FB-1674.jpg

That's so bush league. How does that happen to a program like Michigan?? It boggles the mind.

(And 38's socks look bush league)

90758391980.gif

I remember this from back in 2007. Probably the craziest example I've seen yet.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/virginia-tech-players-missing-jerseys-forced-to-wear-georgia-tech-uniforms-14530

null_zps3e0a2162.jpg

null_zpsed10438a.jpg

the backwards nike logo always stood out to me.

slideshow_244603_gatechphotos.1102-JC15-

nearly every player had them backwards

What exactly happened here?

Are you seriously that lazy to read? Just click the link and you have your answer.

Go A's!

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/virginia-tech-players-missing-jerseys-forced-to-wear-georgia-tech-uniforms-14530

null_zps3e0a2162.jpg

null_zpsed10438a.jpg

What exactly happened here?

Are you seriously that lazy to read? Just click the link and you have your answer.
Sorry I didn't notice the link

null_zps3e0a2162.jpg

null_zpsed10438a.jpg

I don't follow college football, so this might be obvious, but why is the Yellow Jackets wordmark blacked out?

Edit: I'm lazy too apparently, didn't see the link.

Are there any examples of a team where all the players had the right uniform, but they all switched at some point during the game to something else, for whatever reason? For some reason I'm sure Manchester United did this once, though it may have only been their shorts during half time..

Are there any examples of a team where all the players had the right uniform, but they all switched at some point during the game to something else, for whatever reason? For some reason I'm sure Manchester United did this once, though it may have only been their shorts during half time..

I want to say that for one game in the 90s, Heat wore their black unis for the first half, switched to red in the second half (or vice versa). Or maybe i just remembered things wrong

Go A's!

The infamous grey kit incident:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/apr/15/sport.comment2

There's also been numerous examples of football teams being forced to change at halftime (or sooner) due to a clash of colours. I remember it happening with my hometown Kidderminster Harriers back in the mid-90s - the game was stopped after a few minutes as Harriers' standard red & white kit clashed with the away teams' kit, meaning Harriers had to change into their away blue & yellow shirts, but keeping the white shorts & red socks.

The Vikings' communication gaffe in the '60s. There was little TV coverage then so the Vikes decided to wear their road unis at home so the fans could see what they looked like. The Lions didn't get the memo and showed up in their road whites too. Minnesota sent an equipment guy to fetch the home jerseys and the team changed right there on the sideline.

This also resulted in 1) an unintentional monochrome look and 2) abolition of the purple pants when coach Norm Van Brocklin was so repulsed by the grape look that he banned the road pants.

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but Terry Bradshaw and Phil Robertson were honored at a University of Louisiania-Monore game last week and the jerseys they were presented with had two completely different number fonts.

20130912_pjc_ac9_031.0_standard_352.0.jp

That's weird how the NOB overlaps the striping on each jersey.

spacer.png

I'm not sure if this counts or not, but Terry Bradshaw and Phil Robertson were honored at a University of Louisiania-Monore game last week and the jerseys they were presented with had two completely different number fonts.

Nope - per a link on Uni-Watch Bradshaw was given a 2013 jersey and Robertson was given a 2012 jersey. The numbers on Robertson's were only used in 2012; they went back to normal block numbers for 2013 (which is also the same style they wore during Bradshaw's playing days in the late 60s).

I believe that is Louisiana Tech, not ULM

You are right. I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Roddy White wore the Falcons home pants on the road in the preseason game at Baltimore. I'm sure it was a mistake, but it counts. Having issues finding a photo.

I saw that too (on the DVR once it was mentioned here at the time). Didn't take a screenshot though.

Edit: Found pics courtesy of the Baltimore Sun:

Roddy (piping & goofy randomly shaped panel on pants is red). Interesting to see the red piping on what looks like an undershirt:

77053130.jpg

All the other Falcons (pants panel is black):

7579304.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived