Teams wearing two uniforms at once

lancealot

I remember this from back in 2007. Probably the craziest example I've seen yet.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/virginia-tech-players-missing-jerseys-forced-to-wear-georgia-tech-uniforms-14530

null_zps3e0a2162.jpg

null_zpsed10438a.jpg

the backwards nike logo always stood out to me.

slideshow_244603_gatechphotos.1102-JC15-

nearly every player had them backwards

What exactly happened here?

Are you seriously that lazy to read? Just click the link and you have your answer.
Sorry I didn't notice the link

For those not wanting to click the link, it was first speculated that GT students stole a couple jerseys from the Virginia Tech locker room before the game so Ga Tech was kind enough to lend the players affected some replacement jerseys; VT crossed out Yellow Jackets and also added a Nike swoosh in marker.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any examples of a team where all the players had the right uniform, but they all switched at some point during the game to something else, for whatever reason? For some reason I'm sure Manchester United did this once, though it may have only been their shorts during half time..

It was there grey shirts. Amazingly they brought their white alternate as well. I can't remember the team they were playing. It was never worn again. interesting that the players just said, " We're not wearing these"! And that Fergie started the idea to get rid of them.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In the Continental Indoor Lacrosse League (the artists formerly known as the Midwest Indoor Lacrosse Association), uniform mismatches are the rule rather than the exception.

Players typically have to supply their own helmets, so those are lucky to match from one player to another, let alone across the whole team. And apparently not all jersey makers do the supersized goalie outfits, so sometimes goalies must wear jerseys that don't match their teammates. I've even seen one wear just a plain red practice jersey.

CCSLC signature.png

As for the "right uni but switched anyways" question, I always remember a couple years back, the Lakers wore throwbacks and wore the short shorts with them, but by halftime the players had switched back to regular length shorts.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Are there any examples of a team where all the players had the right uniform, but they all switched at some point during the game to something else, for whatever reason? For some reason I'm sure Manchester United did this once, though it may have only been their shorts during half time..

It was there grey shirts. Amazingly they brought their white alternate as well. I can't remember the team they were playing. It was never worn again. interesting that the players just said, " We're not wearing these"! And that Fergie started the idea to get rid of them.

It was vs. Southhampton in 1996. Down (I think) 3-0 at halftime, Fergie stormed into the dressing room and ordered the players to get the grey kit off. Utd went on to lose 6-3, with the majority of the blame being placed on the kit, which was never worn again...

Yep, if I remember rightly the claim from Manchester United was that their players had trouble picking out their grey hued team mates as they blended into the crowd...

vj8n.png

I think there are two players wearing the offending kit in that picture, but it is hard to be certain.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Mighty Ducks Team USA yet......

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm surprised no one's mentioned the Mighty Ducks Team USA yet......

Well the Junior Goodwill Games are notoriously loose and fast with their uniform rules. Trinidad and Tobago were permitted to wear tiedye jerseys, for crying out loud.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I remember when my high school team didn't have enough sophomores for a soph team, so basically the juniors and seniors who weren't playing on Friday nights practiced together on Wednesday, then played on Thursday afternoons as a makeshift JV (Enrollment wasn't the problem, most of the previous year's freshmen decided not to return). Our home jerseys were green with gold numbers trimmed in white...most of em, anyway. Every now and then one or two guys would end up with white numbers trimmed in gold instead. Good times...

Pro example I recall was one of those deals where one guy had the wrong jersey on by mistake-Cubs were playing the Rockies, and this was when Colorado still had Larry Walker. Anyways, at the time, the Rockies had in addition to their normal whites with ROCKIES on the front, they had a White Sox ripoff alternate white with the CR on the left chest. The latter would be sleeveless a few years later, but at the time, both were sleeved. Thus, I noticed Walker had the ROCKIES jersey on while everybody else wore the CR jersey.

Somewhat milder, non-player example, the Twins were in Wrigley back in 2000 IIRC, and I figure many of you remember the first in New Era's mostly-annoying line of BP caps, the mesh 5950s. The Twins' version had the TC, while they were still wearing the m caps for all games at the time. Whether because it was humid that day, or he just forgot, manager Tom Kelly had on the TC cap the whole game.

Hell, speaking of the Cubs, I'm to this day still mildly surprised I've never heard of the 97-02 BPs being worn in games by mistake, seeing as while the differences between the BPs and the alt blues were easy to spot if you knew what to look for, they were also pretty damn similar: royal blue, C-bear on chest, NL patch on one sleeve, red numbers trimmed in white.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Back in 1974 the Dutch headed next door to West Germany to compete in the World Cup, clad in a smart set of Adidas kit - sporting of course the company's trademark three stripes on the arm. However, Johan Cruyff had other ideas.

The Dutch captain had a personal deal with Adidas' arch rivals Puma, who supplied him with their Puma King boots. As such, he was unwilling to wear Adidas' three stripes and instead insisted that a two striped version was specially produced for him to wear. And what Johan wants, Johan gets.

qh9e.jpg

Cruyff is stood at the far left of the line up, with the captain's armband - and as you can just make out he's wearing two stripes on his shirt, unlike the rest of his team mates who are all sporting three.

Johan didn't tip up to Argentina for the 1978 tournament, but the two striped version of the Netherlands shirt lived on in his absence - the van de Kerkhof twins both insisted on wearing modified versions of the regular Adidas kits in that tournament.

Archived