Mitchell & ness hockey.

tmorss9

I just saw these in this weeks Hockey News, and the few they show look pretty good (except the canadiens red shows a number font that is slightly off). Just wondering if any of you have actually seen them, and does this mean that Ebbets Field Flannels is no longer in the business of screwing up classic sweaters.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

SJ's right, they're 2 separate companies, although they did once work together somewhat closely. I'm just glad to see that Ebbets has seemingly lost its license. They made by far the worst vintage reproductions i've ever seen, and god forbid you try to tell them what they may have missed.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

A little off-topic, but I never really saw the reason why the throwbacks should be priced so high. They are the older-looking uniforms, but they were made recently, with the same material, etc. as normal jerseys.

The reason that they are priced so high is because people will pay for them.  They have always been priced slightly higher than current authentic jerseys, but it wasn't until they became popular with hip-hop singers and rappers and they started showing up in videos that the prices skyrocketed.  They are also becoming the choice fashion statement of professional athletes, replacing the multi-thousand dollar suit.

Archived