Best College Mid-Major Logos/Identities

illwauk

I think ripped off is being used incorrectly. While SIU and SEMO may have the same layout for the logo, in no way are the actual logos similar in any way

4686.gif

this logo has been ruined

miami-redhawks.jpeg

Woah never knew about the change!! What a downgrade

... could have been worse.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since there's been a lot of discussion about branding over at the PantherU forums lately, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's favorite logos and overall brands are amongst the programs that aren't in so-called "power conferences."

Long Beach and North Dakota State are two of my favorites.

cal-state-long-beach-logo.jpg

NDSU_feature_new_logo1.gif

Actually the head logo is different now. Its an old image.

obma2gbcmgufi3td0rwr.jpeg

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2409971226/obma2gbcmgufi3td0rwr.jpeg

That logo reminds of the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz.

This thread has basically turned into "My favorite secondary team that I root for when Florida State/Texas/USC/Alabama is on a Bye Week."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

My school just rebranded about 5 years ago and this is lightyears beyond better than the generic set they had years ago.

225px-UDC_MASCOT_zpse872ff0c.jpg

firebird_word_zps39302458.jpg

Quick Note: I'm officially playing college lacrosse at this school this season!!! We will be the second ever HBCU to field a men's varsity team and the only current team to play. Morgan State dropped varsity lacrosse in the early 80s. Also, we are a Division 2 school in the ECC (East Coast Conference).

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

In no universe is an NAIA school a "mid-major".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived