Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Stunning in its creativity and thoroughness. And equally stunned to find out you're only a sophomore in high school. Keep this up and you'll have endless offers for job opportunities. Have you thought about video game architectural design? Every building in every game needs to be designed by someone, and you clearly have the chops. I'm just fascinated by where you're pulling all these ideas from. This one especially is the coolest one of them all, especially the perspective sketch. It shows a real understanding of how buildings are designed and placed into the surrounding area.

Great stuff. Keep it coming.

Thank you for your kind words, darkpiranha! I've never heard of video game architectural design, but that sounds like a pretty awesome job! As for sketches like the one I previously posted, I'm planning to do those when I'm finished with all 30 stadiums. So that should be fun!

really big fan of the stadium, and i think my favorite logo is the far left. So glad ive been following this thread through its entirety, its by far my favorite out there.

Thank you! Dick's Stadium sure was an interesting one to draw. And thank you for sticking with this thread since the beginning, I really, really appreciate it! :)

I would suggest an inverted outline(such as the blue M outlined in orange and the orange B outlined in blue)

The lettering for 3,4, and 5 look a lot like the Texas Rangers High A affiliate, Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Other than that great work and awesome drawings.

First one

Thanks for your suggestions! This I will go over just about...

------------------------------------------

...now. For tonight's update, I have sneak peeks at both the Marina Bay Armada identity (which was made through the help of you guys) as well as the current stadium that I am currently working on.

First of all, here's the cap for the Marina Bay Armada:

13418112304_999a84e390_s.jpg

I decided to take a Baltimore Orioles approach with this hat. It basically is a blue hat with a white front panel and an orange visor. The final "MB" monogram is in there, with the M being blue and the B being orange. I tried to follow Around the Horn's suggestion of an orange outline around the M and a blue outline around the B, but that was pretty hard to pull off.

Finally, the current stadium I'm working is Hunter Stadium. It's a baseball/soccer stadium and it's home to the baseball Central City Coyotes (the friend that chose the team to play here did not influence the friend that suggested the naming rights :lol:) and the Central City Soccer Club, CCSC for short.

13418115324_db00e6b2a6_c.jpg

It's kinda challenging the fit the two together, but I gotta say, I'm finding ways. I'll explain more when the stadium is complete. The stadium is built beside a hill (which is going to be behind center field) and is supposed to provide a rather intimate setting for both baseball as well as soccer.

This next stadium should be yet another fun one. And I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback!

~ Daryl

Pretty neat idea, cool to see that you have 2 football fields that second as baseball parks.

gotta agree the other multi-purpose was one of my favorites, and i especially like that you draw it out in its other sport set up

Pretty neat idea, cool to see that you have 2 football fields that second as baseball parks.

gotta agree the other multi-purpose was one of my favorites, and i especially like that you draw it out in its other sport set up

Thanks, guys! Although a bit challenging (especially when it comes to seating), these multi-purpose stadiums have been pretty interesting. And doing fields other than baseball (football and soccer so far) give me a glimpse on how their sizes relate to each other.

------------------------------------------------

For tonight's update, I have the completed Marina Bay Armada jerseys:

14614976332_d678b3c944_c.jpg

I gotta say, I distanced them quite afar from the New York Mets, although the alternate hat is supposed to be nod to them. And it looks really nice on top of the orange jersey. Other than that, it's an otherwise simple look.

~ Daryl

Mah baby looks great!

Thanks! Your sure were a great help with the Armadas' name and colors!

i think it would look better if the 'M' was white on the solid blue cap, but other than that it looks great. Really love that logo.

Thank you! I put the "M" in that cap in orange as a nod to the Mets. I don't remember my little backstory for that, but it's there.

------------------------------------------------

For tonight's update, I have the jerseys for the Central City Coyotes:

14614972332_db0c55c9b2_b.jpg

I gotta say, I've distanced it quite well from the NHL Phoenix Coyotes. The primary logo combines a howling coyote logo like the one of the Phoenix Coyotes and the addition of the simplistic cap logo like the Mets logo's addition of the team wordmark. The team honors two distinct uniforms styles; a traditional block style that emphasizes brown as well as simplicity along with a more baseball-friendly script style that emphasizes orange. And really, I just like the script wordmarks I created for the Coyotes.

The Coyotes' home, Hunter Stadium, should be ready soon along with its fellow soccer inhabitants. Stay tuned!

~ Daryl

Wow. Stunning in its creativity and thoroughness. And equally stunned to find out you're only a sophomore in high school. Keep this up and you'll have endless offers for job opportunities. Have you thought about video game architectural design? Every building in every game needs to be designed by someone, and you clearly have the chops. I'm just fascinated by where you're pulling all these ideas from. This one especially is the coolest one of them all, especially the perspective sketch. It shows a real understanding of how buildings are designed and placed into the surrounding area.

Great stuff. Keep it coming.

Thank you for your kind words, darkpiranha! I've never heard of video game architectural design, but that sounds like a pretty awesome job! As for sketches like the one I previously posted, I'm planning to do those when I'm finished with all 30 stadiums. So that should be fun!

really big fan of the stadium, and i think my favorite logo is the far left. So glad ive been following this thread through its entirety, its by far my favorite out there.

Thank you! Dick's Stadium sure was an interesting one to draw. And thank you for sticking with this thread since the beginning, I really, really appreciate it! :)

I would suggest an inverted outline(such as the blue M outlined in orange and the orange B outlined in blue)

The lettering for 3,4, and 5 look a lot like the Texas Rangers High A affiliate, Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Other than that great work and awesome drawings.

First one

Thanks for your suggestions! This I will go over just about...

------------------------------------------

...now. For tonight's update, I have sneak peeks at both the Marina Bay Armada identity (which was made through the help of you guys) as well as the current stadium that I am currently working on.

First of all, here's the cap for the Marina Bay Armada:

13418112304_999a84e390_s.jpg

I decided to take a Baltimore Orioles approach with this hat. It basically is a blue hat with a white front panel and an orange visor. The final "MB" monogram is in there, with the M being blue and the B being orange. I tried to follow Around the Horn's suggestion of an orange outline around the M and a blue outline around the B, but that was pretty hard to pull off.

Finally, the current stadium I'm working is Hunter Stadium. It's a baseball/soccer stadium and it's home to the baseball Central City Coyotes (the friend that chose the team to play here did not influence the friend that suggested the naming rights :lol:) and the Central City Soccer Club, CCSC for short.

13418115324_db00e6b2a6_c.jpg

It's kinda challenging the fit the two together, but I gotta say, I'm finding ways. I'll explain more when the stadium is complete. The stadium is built beside a hill (which is going to be behind center field) and is supposed to provide a rather intimate setting for both baseball as well as soccer.

This next stadium should be yet another fun one. And I can't wait to hear everyone's feedback!

~ Daryl

i was looking back at this and it kinda reminded me of the setup for oakland-alameda and atlanta-fulton county stadium

really like that logo, it reminds me of the old hawks logo. also would the orange hat be worn with the regular home and away unis

I've decided that the orange hats would also be worn with the regular home and away jerseys. Let's just say it's pitcher's choice as to what cap to wear for a game.

i was looking back at this and it kinda reminded me of the setup for oakland-alameda and atlanta-fulton county stadium

Indeed it does. The placement of the soccer field is different than how I did the football field at Yellow Pages Stadium.

---------------------------------------------------

For tonight's update, I have the completed Hunter Stadium.

First of all, here's the baseball configuration to house the Central City Coyotes:

14637748502_52cedee436_c.jpg

And here's the soccer configuration to house the Central City Soccer Club:

14451770547_eb087e21df_c.jpg

Okay, so where shall we start? The stands in the first and third base sides are completely movable to fit a soccer field in and the center field bleachers can be pulled out a la O.co Coliseum. The large amount of seating in the permanent stands makes up for the lack of seating elsewhere. The stadium itself is built onto the side of a hill behind center field. The parking lot is also terraced into the hill, inspired by the parking lot at Dodger Stadium (can't believe I just said that). Scoreboards are just past the foul poles and there's even a dog park in center field. As for the naming rights, let's just say that it's a complete coincidence that the Central City Coyotes play in Hunter Stadium. Haha.

Here's some drawings of the stands behind center field, including a view of the baseball configuration as seen from home plate:

13683068704_97049136db_c.jpg

So that wraps up today's update, I'll get right on started on a new stadium sometime tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm thinking of doing the stadium for the St. Catherine Saints and including some cathedral architecture in there with the elements of stadiums similar to Fenway Park and Wrigley Field.

Stay tuned!

~ Daryl

Didn't really know where you were going with this after the earlier update but as always you've impressed me. I think my favorite part of these multi purpose stadiums is how well you can redraw them and make it seem almost identicalin certain aspects. As always great work.

Didn't really know where you were going with this after the earlier update but as always you've impressed me. I think my favorite part of these multi purpose stadiums is how well you can redraw them and make it seem almost identicalin certain aspects. As always great work.

Thank you! When I make multipurpose stadiums, I draw them simultaneously so they come out about the same as I draw them. Glad you liked it!

This is awesome!

Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------

For today's update, I shall show you guys a progress shot of my current stadium, Cathedral Park in St. Catherine:

13787273285_748cbd467b_c.jpg

I explained this stadium a bit in my last post, but I'll explain it in some further detail. As it is an older stadium, the dimensions are deeper (427 feet to left center) as well as shorter (304 feet to the right field foul pole), a nod to the crazy dimensions of stadiums like Fenway Park and the Polo Grounds. I assure you, the dimensions of Cathedral Park were much deeper before a complete renovation of center field in 1998. That's all the basics for the field itself. I will go more into detail about the location and most importantly, the architecture of the stadium when it gets completed.

~ Daryl

I am always fascinated by the level of detail you put into the stadiums. Do you ever get tired of always making the little seats and such? (Digital would be less impressive because its easy to copy and paste) I know when I draw things I enjoy, I still get annoyed at the repetitive minor details.

Its too bad there isnt much promise in the Architectural Field because you seem pretty pro for a High School student. Hopefully somewhere down the line you could still use your skills for real stadiums!

Archived