Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

Dude this is some really awesome stuff! Really creative and original. The best part is the stadium designs. I used to do something like this when I was a kid. Wasn't ever this good though!

Question: Have you ever thought to put your league into OOTP Baseball or some other kind of baseball simulator? I'm planning on doing a series with my OOTP league.

Thank you! Glad you like them!

As for your question, I have not thought about putting this into a baseball simulator. But if you would like to incorporate my teams into your OOTP league, you have my full permission to do so!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude this is some really awesome stuff! Really creative and original. The best part is the stadium designs. I used to do something like this when I was a kid. Wasn't ever this good though!

Question: Have you ever thought to put your league into OOTP Baseball or some other kind of baseball simulator? I'm planning on doing a series with my OOTP league.

As for your question, I have not thought about putting this into a baseball simulator. But if you would like to incorporate my teams into your OOTP league, you have my full permission to do so!

Maybe go with purple?

Maybe go with purple?

GOLD

Fear the future, envy the past

I love the Farlin ID, just add gold :) you're welcome

Maybe go with purple?

I agree that it should be gold, probably a relatively dark shade.

So I tried out all your options and I'll let this forum decide on the color scheme. Here are the options I've drawn up:

14206799889_528e70c729_c.jpg

The options are green and neon green (Option A), green and dark gold (Option B ), green and light gold (Option C), & green and purple (Option D). My personal favorite of these four is Option A as I just love how well the neon green makes the dark green pop out.

So get on voting!

~ Daryl

I voted for C. While I actually prefer the wordmark for A, I'm having a hard time envisioning a good uni for a team whose primary colors are two different tones of the same color (off the top of my head, I can only think of the Tennessee Titans, whose look I strongly dislike). That being said, you are very good at this, so if you can pull it off, more power to you.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

As a Devil Rays fan once and forevermore, D. :D

Sure struck me as odd as I don't really associate the Devil Rays with green and purple. That's more old Dbacks colors to me. But everyone's entitled to their opinion, so I'll let you be...

You should make a special Farlin alt with a rainbow and a pot o gold

Hmm, seems pretty minor league to me, to be honest. Although maybe I could incorporate some sort of rainbow design into an alt jersey and/or a BP jersey for the Shamrocks. I'll keep this idea in mind!

I personally think the double green looks the best.

^^agreed. My vote is A.

I really like the double green, too!

C. All day erryday

I voted for C. While I actually prefer the wordmark for A, I'm having a hard time envisioning a good uni for a team whose primary colors are two different tones of the same color (off the top of my head, I can only think of the Tennessee Titans, whose look I strongly dislike). That being said, you are very good at this, so if you can pull it off, more power to you.

I noticed that the Rays also pull off a two-tone look on their light blue jersey which, in my opinion, is pretty well done. But I would agree that it would be quite a challenge to do two-tone green.

With the two popular colors being the two-tone green and green & light gold, I decided to whip up a few "compromise designs" in an attempt to satisfy both the two-tone green voters and the green & light gold voters. Without further adieu, here are the next set of options:

14397890222_5ec779f758_c.jpg

Being so attached to the two-tone green, I decided to incorporate the gold into the piping for Option E. Option E could also work with no piping, with the gold incorporated elsewhere on the jersey, Option F is the two-tone green wordmark with a gold outline added to it. Option G is the inverted version of Option E with a gold outline added, just like Option F. Option H is simply green & light gold with green piping. Option H could also work without piping. I'm kinda iffy about Options F, and G as I've noticed double outlines for real-life teams get mixed feedback on this board.

So I'm going to put a new poll up and I can't wait to hear your feedback. It truly is appreciated!

~ Daryl

Definitely option H. The green and light gold work really well together in that arrangement.

Hmm, so practically like the A's then, eh?

F looks pretty darn sexy to me.

I like that one, too.

I need a few more votes to this as I obviously can't decide with a three-way tie...

And to whoever voted "other", could you please post why you chose that option?

Okay, so seeing that Option F was a big frontrunner in the poll, I decided to go and draw up the jersey set for the Farlin Shamrocks. So here you go!

14428866340_b98f512d29_c.jpg

This sure was a fun team to draw, especially with such a nice color scheme. My favorite jersey in this set is the cream home jersey, as it looks just perfect with the two-tone green and gold. The alt jersey is simply a green jersey with the shamrock logo (without the "f") on it.

I'd like to thank you all for helping me decide the colors for this team. Sure turned out very well!

~ Daryl

Archived