Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

Sweet! The color combo is really nice (Option F was my second choice), and I really like the double-green caps. Well done.

Thanks! And I don't know if it's easy to notice in the pic, but there is a white outline around the light green on both caps. So it's not purely double-green. Glad you like it!

Option F is pretty great, and translates REALLY well on a jersey. I'm glad to see that there was no purple in the jersey.

Thank you! I felt that green and purple looked more Mardi Gras than Gaelic to me, so I would also agree with you there on the exclusion of purple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For today's update, I have for you guys Altos Park v2. Here you go!

14634941211_9494b6d8ab_c.jpg

I call this park as a hybrid between Dodger Stadium and Shea Stadium due to the size of the grandstands, The very open outfield view is to provide views of the downtown skylines past it (I'll probably draw a sketch of that view later on). This stadium is located in a complex with two other stadiums, the basketball arena past left field and a football stadium past right field.

And then here's the comparison to the first version of Altos Park:

14428166641_90ccf4e088_c.jpg

As a bonus, I'll show you an idea I came up with earlier for the Paradise Stallions. The highlights of this so far is the unique brown & light blue color scheme and a hybrid Boston Red Sox/Texas Rangers wordmark font.

BqNBr-jCcAAs4uX.jpg

What do y'all think?

~ Daryl

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Altos Park 2.0 looks really good. Looking forward to seeing the view from the grandstands!

I agree. I really like the idea of the 60's-style grandstands opening to face downtown. Also, I'm really diggin' the first few bits of the Stallions (I always love the brown/light blue). Nice work.

Altos Park 2.0 looks really good. Looking forward to seeing the view from the grandstands!

Thanks! I'll probably do perspective drawings once all the stadiums are done, so stay tuned!

I agree. I really like the idea of the 60's-style grandstands opening to face downtown. Also, I'm really diggin' the first few bits of the Stallions (I always love the brown/light blue). Nice work.

Glad you like it as well! As for the Stallions, no need to wait any more! I have it in this post.

Oh my... I love the Farlin jerseys... With a passion

Thanks! And I'm glad you like the gold in the Farlin set after your suggestions!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have for you guys the jersey set for the Paradise Stallions...

14613431704_5f538d2bff_c.jpg

I already have quite a few brown teams in my league, so I decided to spice this one up with the addition of sky blue. Since I am quite honestly really bad at drawing animals, I decided to ditch any horse imagery and stick with a basic roundel logo. (Is it weird that I actually like these logos?) The fonts for both the wordmarks and the numbers are a tweaked version of the (Texas) Rangers and Angels font.

The biggest highlight here is what I did with the caps. Since there are already quite a lot of brown hats in the ABL, I decided to give the Stallions a white home cap and a gray road cap. I can't come up with any real-life team off the top of my head that does this in their regular cap rotation.

This sure was fun to do...

As for what's next, I currently have an idea for another retractable-roof stadium concept for the Gallinne Roarers. Stay tuned!

~ Daryl

This looks nice, brown and blue is a color scheme that is WAY too underrated.

*fancy butler voice* I conquer

But yeah I like the sky blue and brown color scheme

Thanks! And I would agree that not many teams use that color scheme. It is quite a pretty color scheme, indeed!

Wow!! So much of your stuff is amazing, especially your stadiums some i wish i could see what it would look like in and out of the stadium. Keep it up!!!

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you like them! I plan on doing those kinds of drawings once I have finished the league's stadiums. It's still gonna be quite a while away, but I'll get to it eventually.

For today's update, I'll give you guys a progress shot on my current stadium project, Ottimo Field (naming rights suggested by ujju2) for the Gallinne Roarers. This is what I have so far:

14437431926_c21ec61809_c.jpg

14457186111_e96bdd9efa_c.jpg

As you can see, it's going to be another retractable-roof stadium. My direct inspiration for this is Minute Maid Park in Houston, although I also looked at Marlins Park and considered the retractable roofs of Arizona and Seattle. And I did notice that the field shape looks really similar to that of AT&T Park.

For the design of this stadium, I plan on giving it a design resembling a factory. I'll get into more detail about the roof as well as the design once I get more done.

And since I need to try to differentiate this stadium from Minute Maid Park, I'll be taking suggestions on features to be added to the Ottimo Field. Any feedback is welcomed!

Stay tuned!

~ Daryl

Thanks! I'll probably do perspective drawings once all the stadiums are done, so stay tuned!

Glad you like it as well! As for the Stallions, no need to wait any more! I have it in this post.

Oh my... I love the Farlin jerseys... With a passion

Thanks! And I'm glad you like the gold in the Farlin set after your suggestions!

Today, I have for you guys the jersey set for the Paradise Stallions...

14446978205_86f3ee7ecf_c.jpg

I already have quite a few brown teams in my league, so I decided to spice this one up with the addition of sky blue. Since I am quite honestly really bad at drawing animals, I decided to ditch any horse imagery and stick with a basic roundel logo. (Is it weird that I actually like these logos?) The fonts for both the wordmarks and the numbers are a tweaked version of the (Texas) Rangers and Angels font.

The biggest highlight here is what I did with the caps. Since there are already quite a lot of brown hats in the ABL, I decided to give the Stallions a white home cap and a gray road cap. I can't come up with any real-life team off the top of my head that does this in their regular cap rotation.

This sure was fun to do...

As for what's next, I currently have an idea for another retractable-roof stadium concept for the Gallinne Roarers. Stay tuned!

~ Daryl

Well, I'm digging it. The roundel works well for them, and I really like the use of the powder blue/brown. The way the font came together also worked out really well. Nice job.

On Ottimo Field, I think it would be nice if the outfield walls and seats were a dark grey or rust color. I can't wait to see what you come up with here.

Well, I'm digging it. The roundel works well for them, and I really like the use of the powder blue/brown. The way the font came together also worked out really well. Nice job.

On Ottimo Field, I think it would be nice if the outfield walls and seats were a dark grey or rust color. I can't wait to see what you come up with here.

Thank you! I figured a Western-style font like the Rangers' and the Angels' would definitely go well with a team named after horses. And I took your suggestions for Ottimo Field's colors and decided to color the seating the rust color and the walls a gray color. Goes very well with the brick structure of the stadium. Thank you for the suggestion!

----------------------------------------------------------

For today's update, I have finished one of the last four uniform sets I still have to do. This one is for the Forebay Shells:

14428920599_2b6b26a8e1_c.jpg

A rather simple baseball-in-a-shell primary logo with a beach-inspired color scheme of a shade of blue and sand. I considered doing a sand and light pink color scheme (representative of the colors of seashells), but legibility wasn't too good with that. As for the uniforms, pinstripes on both home and road (road pinstripes just like the Colorado Rockies from 2000-2011) and of course, a shell-colored Sunday home jersey.

I should hopefully get Ottimo Field done by this week or if not, I'll definitely have it by next week!

~ Daryl

I'm a fan of this set, the sand and blue looks really clean together. Also, good luck in the FIFA compitition!

Thank you! I really like the colors, myself.

And thanks! I'm surprised I'm actually doing fairly well in the contest considering it's my very first soccer concept.

Minus the road pinstripes (which personally, I just never liked) this set is an A+. The Sunday alt perfectly compliments the home and aways and the wordmark gives a cool, modern feel.

Thank you! I really like the Sunday alt as well. As for the wordmark, I was originally gonna go for a more detailed style, but I ended up going with the modern one. Glad you like it!

Awesome... Just amazing. Just as good as I expecting

Thanks! And just wondering, when are you gonna have your concepts up?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have you guys the completed Ottimo Field, home of the Gallinne Roarers. First, without the roof:

14634882041_80f5cb79f0_c.jpg

And with the roof open and closed:

14320990968_e085bf8a6d.jpg14320935840_07e3c0d39a.jpg

Finally, some sketches to show the factory-style architecture I have for this stadium, including brick everywhere, rust-colored seats, and even two smokestacks past right field.

BrAKO1bCIAIqTO2.jpg

What do you guys think?

~ Daryl

I absolutely love the factory theme, especially the smokestacks (do they shoot fireworks?). This is definitely one of my favorites that you have done so far.

There is only one thing that I don't like about it. I freely admit that it is very nitpicky, but I really, really dislike the color of the roof panels. I'm not an architectural historian, but, as it matches the color of the street, it just feels out of place. I think a charcoal or dark green, or maybe even a sandstone type of color if you want to keep it light, would go much better with the faux industrial revolution look that you're going for.

I'm thinking of colors more like the ones used as accents in these buildings (spoilered for size):

Fazeley%2BMill.jpg

n_AmericanChicleCompany_2-0-1-3_e.jpg

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

Archived