Spoiler

Divisional Pictures

Spoiler

Other

Spoiler

----------------------

ORIGINAL POST

Spoiler

I made this account so I can share to you all my random baseball drawings. I draw stadiums, logos, and even created an entire baseball league! (I have no life...)

So here's some that I've long completed to start this series...

First, my idea of a new stadium for my secondary team, the Oakland Athletics. This would be a bayside version of Cisco Field in West Berkeley.

Spoiler

BJx9pWnCUAAkZ1g.jpg

A stadium I recently finished, a stadium for my purely fictional Rattick City Rebels. Here I present New Colony Park...

Spoiler

9754618492_3857c72e62_c.jpg

The uniforms for the Rattick City Rebels:

Spoiler

9754825305_1e18b25e18_c.jpg

For the baseball league, here's the map of my fictional country, Los Altos, with the locations of all the teams in the Alton Baseball League (ABL):

Spoiler

9754890743_e6d7929c0c_c.jpg(I have a different ABL logo now)

Here are the teams and their colors, first the Alton League (AL):

Spoiler

9754823465_04630c4fe0_c.jpg

United League (UL):

Spoiler

9754816566_9ddabfd079_c.jpg

As you can tell, there are empty space in the color slots. They're there because I've needed suggestions on the colors. Name changes are also appreciated! (I have writer's block quite a lot...)

Now for my works in progress. One is the uniform set for the Los Altos Capitals:

Spoiler

9754619001_b36009c6e3_c.jpg

And the Capitals' stadium, Altos Airlines Park (Altos Park for short):

Spoiler

9754816196_80cdfe419c_c.jpg

So that wraps up my introductory post for this series. All feedback is appreciated and feel free to give suggestions!

~ Daryl

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, it would be cool to see a flag for the country Los Altos. :smileyusa:

As requested, here's the flag of Los Altos along with the ABL logo:

9761908551_022b022964_c.jpg

Now for some history if it helps with the teams. As you can see from the flag, Los Altos began as British colonies like that of the US. However unlike the US, it stayed as a part of the British Crown, similar to Australia. That's where the names of the Birmingham Colonials and Princeton Majestics come from. Later on in time, a disagreement brewed as to remain part of the British monarchy or become a republic under the Crown. That began the Alton Civil War. (This would be when the map of Los Altos would come in handy). The war began around Rattick City, hence the Rebels baseball team. Los Altos split into two, the Republican north and the Royalist south. The capital of the north became Henderson, Bayshore, which later went on to be the birthplace of the Republic of Los Altos. That's where the Henderson Founders got to be named.The capital of the Royalist south was Princeton, York, where heavy royal influences still linger in the state today. The Republicans used orange and gold while the Royalists used the colors of the Union Jack. The current flag is a mix of both.

I know the history could be a bit vague, so feel free to ask anything! I can't explain things when I don't really know what to explain...

Now the states and their teams:

Abrii: Abrii Bi-Staters, Forebay Shells

Alcea: Alcea City Hawks

Bayshore: Claraville Whalers, Henderson Founders

Coastania: Garrison Cadets, Larfa Entrepeneurs, Los Altos Capitals, Rattick City Rebels

Collinne: Chatfield Silverbacks

Glenvie: Farlin Glenns

Hila: Hila Mounts

Lakent: Lakent Lumberjacks

Magainy: Gallinne Maganians, Portside Sailors, St. Catherine Halos

Mountainside: Windport City Riders

Nare: Homestead Blazers, Marina Bay Lizards, Paradise Stallions

New Mifaria: Central City Wildcats, Granby 20s

Rialto: Jacksonville Cattlemen, St. Louis Centrals, Valley Hills Blues

Taft: Santiago Bay Merchants

Tescara: Etiwanda Cultuners

Valestia: Valle Buena Condors

York: Birmingham Colonials. Princeton Majestics

Guest darkpiranha

Hmm.. this is fascinating. Here's a few questions:

1. Why hand-drawn? By choice because you like how it looks? Or that you just don't have access to or skill with any graphics programs? With the amount of detail you have in stuff like the stadiums, I'd think that Photoshop or Illustrator would be a breeze for you to master. Either way, it doesn't detract from what you're doing, I'm just curious if there's a reason why it's hand-drawn.

2. How long have you been working on this fictional world and league(s)? Was it for creation of a league, or was this originally created for a role-playing game or something? (I did something similar a long time ago with a city/state I created for a comic book role playing game. The RPG faded away, but the state lives on in my hockey league).

Hmm.. this is fascinating. Here's a few questions:

1. Why hand-drawn? By choice because you like how it looks? Or that you just don't have access to or skill with any graphics programs? With the amount of detail you have in stuff like the stadiums, I'd think that Photoshop or Illustrator would be a breeze for you to master. Either way, it doesn't detract from what you're doing, I'm just curious if there's a reason why it's hand-drawn.

2. How long have you been working on this fictional world and league(s)? Was it for creation of a league, or was this originally created for a role-playing game or something? (I did something similar a long time ago with a city/state I created for a comic book role playing game. The RPG faded away, but the state lives on in my hockey league).

1) I do hand-drawn because, as you said, I have no skill at all with graphics programs at all. I tried making a stadium on SketchUp one time and it failed pretty bad. I'm more creative when I'm actually drawing it with my own hands. And plus, I can work on it on my spare time at school! :D

2) I've been working on Los Altos for as long as I can remember. It's a purely fictional country I made to battle my boredom. Over the years, I've added my different interests into this, such as my aviation and road hobbies. With my huge baseball interest blossoming, I might as well make my own baseball league!

This is really cool! Can't wait to see what else you can do!

Thanks! More on the way...

Good idea, love the stadiums.

Thanks! Honestly, I love doing stadiums. It's just all the decorative elements and the exterior stuff I have a hard time with (such as scoreboards and entrances)...

No offense, but the idea of a fictional country that you make fictional concept leagues in is 127% badass.

Thanks! Probably the fact that I don't have a life is what's gotten me to take it this far... :lol:

Double post, but here's the next update on Altos Park...

I drew up a sketch of what the CF "skyline" would look like from ground level:

9780594232_cb981b86e6_z.jpg

The tall wall is there because it serves as the batter's eye. Do you guys think the trees should be there? The scoreboard contains elements of the famous Los Altos star. The two small screens atop the main scoreboard contain time & weather information. Directly below it is a restaurant. Opinions and/or questions?

Guest darkpiranha

create a new thread if you want to showcase your work

He probably should have asked TheGiantsFan if he minds anyone working up their own non-hand-drawn versions of the logos, but I don't see any harm in it. BenD's design isn't a random logo, but one of the logos shown in this thread.

This is awesome! also, I think the trees are nice, but you wouldnt be able to have one in th emiddle of the batters eye

Yeah, I decided to add more trees to it. Maybe even adding ivy to the wall itself.

Good stuff..... one of the better hand drawn series I have seen.

Thank you very much! I try to put my best into these. Thanks!
It's really nice! Looks rough, but it sure is nice to see a digital version of my jersey designs. Keep it up!

create a new thread if you want to showcase your work

He probably should have asked TheGiantsFan if he minds anyone working up their own non-hand-drawn versions of the logos, but I don't see any harm in it. BenD's design isn't a random logo, but one of the logos shown in this thread.

As darkpiranha has said, I really don't mind people pitching in with their versions. In fact, I'd really appreciate it since I don't have the best ideas for everything. Feel free to pitch in!

I've finished the seats of Altos Park and I'll get it up once I get on a computer...

As promised, here's my progress on Altos Park:

9858261214_6f2a2b7975_c.jpg

I've colored the seats as well as the field. The colors of the seats are inspired by the Capitals' colors of orange and gold. Feel free to leave any suggestions for what to do about the exterior and don't forget to leave suggestions for team names and/or colors!

Here's the list of the teams again:

9754823465_04630c4fe0_c.jpg9754816566_9ddabfd079_c.jpg

Archived