Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even better!

Thanks!

-------------------------------------

Today, I shall show you guys the progress on my yet-unnamed stadium (I am taking naming rights, so suggestions are welcome! :)) for the Abrii Triad. Here's what I have so far:

13891051038_3cd91fd297_c.jpg

My basic idea for this stadium is that's it's placed on a little hill on a peninsula jutting out into the Silverton Bay. Open views of the ocean can be seen past center field.

What do you guys think? And here's a chance for you guys to name the stadium for the Abrii Triad. Suggestions are very welcome, with the only condition being that it has to sound pretty realistic.

~ Daryl

What's the culture of the city like, and when was the stadium built?

My favorite ballpark name is Victory Field, which is the AAA park in indianapolis. The name was chosen to commentate the Allied victory in WWII. Something like that could be a nice change of pace from corporate sponsorships and the names of prominent people.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

Silverton Stronghold, Abrii Times Forum, or Peninsular Park, to name a few.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm surely gonna be looking into these very interesting names.

What's the culture of the city like, and when was the stadium built?

My favorite ballpark name is Victory Field, which is the AAA park in indianapolis. The name was chosen to commentate the Allied victory in WWII. Something like that could be a nice change of pace from corporate sponsorships and the names of prominent people.

This is a pretty new stadium, so let's say it was built between 2000 and 2010. The whole tri-city area is fairly reliant on the shipping industry. As for the culture, I guess it's just a typical hip city culture. And for the non-corporate names, I have named one stadium Veterans Memorial Stadium.

First of all, I'm shocked I haven't actually commented on this thread yet. You've done some absolutely incredible work here. I used to do the exact same thing when I was younger (just much worse than you). This thread has made me want to look back into designing stadiums again. Everything, especially the stadiums have been top notch, and you've done a great job at creating variance amongst the stadiums.

As for naming rights for the new stadium, I'm willing to offer you $147 million imagination dollars to name it Lafarge Stadium. I'll have my people send your people the paperwork.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Love ya work, mate.

Thanks!

Oceanfront Park?

Not a bad suggestion, but I settled on one that I'll mention in just a bit...

First of all, I'm shocked I haven't actually commented on this thread yet. You've done some absolutely incredible work here. I used to do the exact same thing when I was younger (just much worse than you). This thread has made me want to look back into designing stadiums again. Everything, especially the stadiums have been top notch, and you've done a great job at creating variance amongst the stadiums.

As for naming rights for the new stadium, I'm willing to offer you $147 million imagination dollars to name it Lafarge Stadium. I'll have my people send your people the paperwork.

I'm willing to offer $175 million to name it Samara Field. :3

Thanks, Lafarge! The more stadiums I do, it kinda gets harder to create variety. But I guess everyone's satisfied with what I end up with, although I worry that they look a bit too similar. If you ever happen to finish a stadium, I'd be more happy to see them!

As for the stadium name, I have decided to integrate both of your offers and another previous suggestion. So the stadium for the Abrii Triad shall be called the Lafarge & Samara (L&S) Forum. Now what kind of business would you guys like L&S to be so I have an idea of how to make the stadium logo?

~ Daryl

Criminy, it's only been eight hours. :P

Samara is a quick-service restaurant chain in the Safirian Empire (a concountry/micronation of mine). So maybe Lafarge & Samara would be a more upscale restaurant chain or something?

Conworlds: Safir Alliance | Hoennverse

spacer.png

Criminy, it's only been eight hours. :P

Samara is a quick-service restaurant chain in the Safirian Empire (a concountry/micronation of mine). So maybe Lafarge & Samara would be a more upscale restaurant chain or something?

I wouldn't mind waiting for a while, but this time I wanted a quick response because all I needed to do was the logo for the stadium. I gave you a Lafarge & Samara location right past center field on the ocean next to L&S Forum. And I based the logo for Lafarge & Samara off of your picture (which I see you deleted) to show the Samara part while the Lafarge part is represented in a more typical font.

And I just saw your whole thing on the Safirian Empire through your link; pretty impressive stuff! Mind if I put the Safirian Empire on the same continent as Los Altos? Although I doubt I'll really do much outside the already large landmass of Los Altos.

For the next park, MillerCo Entertainment would love to sponsor the stadium.

I'll keep that in mind as I give some future stadiums! I'm planning to do a remake for my next stadium, so MillEnter Park will have to wait a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------

So I finally finished Lafarge & Samara Forum, so here it is!

14615200356_43157e1e42_c.jpg

The stadium is built on an artificial hill on some landfill at the Port of Silverton. The roof is essentially a giant solar panel and the rather open layout of the stadium exposes the stadium to beautiful views of the Bi-State Area as well as the sea breezes. A large park surrounds the stadium and past center field is a Lafarge & Samara restaurant. The little "island" the restaurant is located on has a legend that if you hit a home run to it, you'll unanimously get voted the batting title. With the restaurant being about 720 feet away from home plate, no Triad player has ever gotten the batting title unanimously.

Hope you guys enjoyed this!

~ Daryl

And I based the logo for Lafarge & Samara off of your picture (which I see you deleted) to show the Samara part while the Lafarge part is represented in a more typical font.

I deleted it because I'm about to change the script for Airumali (Safiria's national language). :P

And I just saw your whole thing on the Safirian Empire through your link; pretty impressive stuff! Mind if I put the Safirian Empire on the same continent as Los Altos? Although I doubt I'll really do much outside the already large landmass of Los Altos.

Thanks! :D No, I don't mind if there's a Safirian territory on the continent with Los Altos. ^_^

Conworlds: Safir Alliance | Hoennverse

spacer.png

I remember back when CJMiller and I joined forces. Hard to believe we were once local restaurant owners, and now we've got a stadium named after us... It may not be a real stadium, but there's something nice about having something named after me, haha.

Love the new stadium. Just interested, what would you estimate the seating capacity would be?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I remember back when CJMiller and I joined forces. Hard to believe we were once local restaurant owners, and now we've got a stadium named after us... It may not be a real stadium, but there's something nice about having something named after me, haha.

Love the new stadium. Just interested, what would you estimate the seating capacity would be?

Probably over 9,000.

That's what- She

Archived