Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of its great especially the gold jersey, and can you make a bigger drawing of the logo on the orange hat

Here you go, the cap logo alongside the alternate logo:

9976087065_dcb93564f8_c.jpg

As you can see, I tried my best to differentiate this LA logo from the one the Dodgers use...

I like this more than normal fictional leagues just because you're putting an effort into this whole thing instead of being super generic. The stadiums are killer, can't wait to see more

Thanks! I've seen the fictional leagues in this forum and I gotta say, they look pretty good to me! And yeah, stadiums are something I enjoy drawing, thanks!

This is great stuff. Reminds me of my buddies stuff that he used to draw in my elementary school. Keep it going.

Thanks, man! To be honest, the stadiums I do during my free time at school...

thanks, awesome logo

No prob!

-------------------------------

So I have a picture update planned for tonight, but at the moment, I cannot post them up (I'm not on a computer). But there are some things I'd like to ask for from you guys.

One is that I'd like to see if you guys could come up with logos for me. No pressure, just do if you'd like! I'd like to see a logo for the Valle Buena Condors, the Birmingham Colonials, and the Central City Coyotes. So far, I've only decided colors on the Coyotes, which would be darkish red and dark brown. Feel free to post your suggestions!

Another thing I'd like to ask for is a team name for the city of Gallinne that has an industrial feeling to it. Some ideas I came up with were the Broilers (I ditched that one after I realized it was used to cook chickens) and the Smokestacks, or the 'Stacks.

I appreciate all feedback!

~ Daryl

-------------------------------

EDIT: Here's the picture update!

Here's one of the teams I'm currently working on right now, the Jacksonville Cattlers. "Cattlers" is a shortened version of "Cattlemen" that has since become the official nickname:

10076354675_e04f706de3_m.jpg10076388286_cc0e6a456b.jpg

Since the Cattlers are more of a country team, I've added hints of a barbed-wire fence on the wordmark.

Here's some cap logos I've come up with...

Windport City Riders:

10079403503_fde74207bf_m.jpg

Birmingham Colonials:

10079343166_b2624a5c76_m.jpg

And finally, the Central City Coyotes:

10079269714_46c5544232_m.jpg

10076354675_e04f706de3_m.jpg10076388286_cc0e6a456b.jpg

i think you should widen the bar on cattle horns on top of the j

Did so and it turned out pretty nice!

--------------------------

Hate to sound a bit annoying, but I'd really appreciate some feedback as I really can't come up with everything and I'd love to see what can be improved on...

Forgot to put this up in the last picture update, so here it is. A concept that I'm trying to explore, the Abrii Triad Baseball Club:

10079404403_651103df23_z.jpg

The name "Triad" refers to the fact that the baseball team is based in the Norwood-Silverton-unnamed city Tri-City Area. It also spans two states, which brought the former (rather uncreative) name, the Abrii Bi-Staters. On the logo, the three stars represent each of the three major cities in the immediate area. The colors are different shades of red and dark brown, though it could be changed if you guys would like. With this identity, I'm trying to convey a warrior-like feeling in it.

Any thoughts?

~ Daryl

Everytime I see this thread, it just reminds me what awesome is. The stadiums, the jerseys, the fictional country. This is probably the best hand-drawn series I've seen in my time on the boards. You're effort is amazing, just keep it up man!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I just now discovered this thread, I have to admit I love it. When I was younger I used to draw stadium concepts for the teams I created all the time, and I loved doing baseball stadiums. So this thread brings back a lot of good memories.

I really like all three stadiums you've posted so far, especially the A's one. And I dig that "WPC" monogram a few posts up.

Looking forward to following this now!

Those are some fantastic stadiums!

That stadium drawing... Wow! That's amazing. Keep up the great work.

awesome work

Everytime I see this thread, it just reminds me what awesome is. The stadiums, the jerseys, the fictional country. This is probably the best hand-drawn series I've seen in my time on the boards. You're effort is amazing, just keep it up man!

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

I just now discovered this thread, I have to admit I love it. When I was younger I used to draw stadium concepts for the teams I created all the time, and I loved doing baseball stadiums. So this thread brings back a lot of good memories.

I really like all three stadiums you've posted so far, especially the A's one. And I dig that "WPC" monogram a few posts up.

Looking forward to following this now!

Thanks! To be honest, I realized how fun making interlocking letter logos could be. It's pretty entertaining in my opinion...

--------------------------------

I'm currently making identities for my teams. But I realized I've made up cap logos for a whole division.

So here they are, the Alton League Central:

BWGCaokCMAAmg9E.jpg

From left to right: the Central City Coyotes, the Jacksonville Cattlers, the Valle Buena Condors, the Valley Hills Blues, and the Windport City Riders.

What do you guys think? I hope to start finishing identities for the five other divisions soon...

love all of them especially the Windport city one

Thanks! That's one of my more favorite cap logos so far, but I haven't really decided on a wordmark yet...

These are AMAZING. Have you ever contemplated getting Photoshop??? If its to expensive then use Paint or Inscape, there free. You can make your drawings "come to life."

While I do have access to Photoshop, I personally prefer drawing it myself. My creativity on a mouse is different as compared to a pencil. And I'm not all that skilled on it, too...

--------------------

I have a question for you guys. When you think of an entrepreneur, what colors might you think of? I'm trying to figure out colors for the Larfa Entreps, something really different from the colors of the nearby Capitals (which are orange and gold).

Archived