Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

Condors and Blues are solid. The hardest part about the Blues is the hat. If you go with navy as the major cap color, and light blue as the bill, than it looks like the Condors hat. I'm personally fine with the hats, but it does look a little odd.

That's what- She

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Condors and Blues are solid. The hardest part about the Blues is the hat. If you go with navy as the major cap color, and light blue as the bill, than it looks like the Condors hat. I'm personally fine with the hats, but it does look a little odd.

Avoiding clashes in this division was quite a tough job with the 3 blue teams. And with changing the primary color of the Blues jersey and keeping the regulation BP cap for them, I avoided two clashes. Haha.

I really like warm up and throwback jersey ideas. I'm excited to see the rest! Any news on Shell Stadium?

Really glad you like them!

As for Shell Stadium, most of the stadium itself is already finished and colored. Pretty much all I have to is to draw all the surrounding buildings and what not. Expect to see it completed within two weeks or so. Stay tuned!

Well, after a month or so of setbacks, such as roadtrips and back to school, I finally have finished Shell Stadium. Here it is!

14992578591_2ed9e31d51_c.jpg

For this stadium (home of the Forebay Shells, by the way), I gave the Shell gas stations a clever branding opportunity in giving them the stadium of the Shells. As for the stadium itself, its roof is designed to remind one of shells (I will be drawing up architectural sketches sometime down the road). One of the biggest attractions, however, is the proximity of the stadium to the beach, which is just a block away past left field. Although the playing field itself is below ground level, the stadium provides nice, open views to the beach past the outfield. Oh, and there's a swimming pool underneath the batter's eye and scoreboard past center field. My friends always request for one.

I certainly lagged in drawing this one, but I certainly hope it's worth the wait!

~ Daryl

Very clean, not sure what purpose the pools are for. I mean, as a swimmer it seems really awesome, but would the pools be used post game? I probably over analyzed that tiny part. Seems like another great park! I also love the small baseball diamond.

That's what- She

This is an amazing series and I can't believe I just now saw it, I love all the stadiums(especially dick's stadium and the the first football-baseball crossover stadium(I say the first one because i'm only on page 9 of the series so far)).

Do you have a job with a stadium design company? You should!

I don't. In reality, I'm just a high school sophomore.

I initially wanted to be an architect when I'm older, but a poor job market for architects and their low pay got to me lean towards pharmacy for a career.

I am even younger than you and for the past couple couple years I've wanted to be the exact same thing you want to be.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Great stadium

Thank you!

Very unique. Love it. Great presentation as usual.

Thank you! I try to make each stadium as unique as I can, while still fitting into a centralized template, which I think is what you consider its presentation.

Great to see you back with another stadium! Shell Stadium looks great -- can't wait to see those architectural sketches.

Thank you! I still have many more stadiums on the way and I'll get architectural sketches done when I finish all the stadiums. Glad you like Shell Stadium!

Wow it turned out great. I can't wait to see the sketches as well!

Thank you! And ditto what I said on my previous reply right there ^.

Very clean, not sure what purpose the pools are for. I mean, as a swimmer it seems really awesome, but would the pools be used post game? I probably over analyzed that tiny part. Seems like another great park! I also love the small baseball diamond.

I guess the pool can serve as a sort of luxury suite out there. Arizona's Chase Field has a swimming pool in right center as well. As for its use post game, I'm really not sure. I'm not sure how Arizona handles it, either. And I noticed that every stadium in the MLB has some sort of kiddie baseball diamond, so I decided to incorporate them onto mine.

And don't worry, the little details that I put into these are open for any nitpicking! Haha. :)

Wow. Another great stadium. i've been following this thread since i found it online, and you have inspired me to create a fictional league of my own! keep up the great work

Thank you very much! I'd be more than happy to see your league sometime! And I can honestly say that you're not the only one on these boards that I've inspired to do hand-drawn concepts.

This is an amazing series and I can't believe I just now saw it, I love all the stadiums(especially dick's stadium and the the first football-baseball crossover stadium(I say the first one because i'm only on page 9 of the series so far)).

Do you have a job with a stadium design company? You should!

I don't. In reality, I'm just a high school sophomore.

I initially wanted to be an architect when I'm older, but a poor job market for architects and their low pay got to me lean towards pharmacy for a career.

I am even younger than you and for the past couple couple years I've wanted to be the exact same thing you want to be.

I'm glad you're liking my series here! And honestly, even though architecture is my dream course, it just has very little job openings in the real world, as my dad tells me. But it surely doesn't hurt to try!

--------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm back here tonight and I got you guys a new batch of throwback jerseys!

14915379298_2c2e91032e_c.jpg

As the title says, these throwbacks are from the United League Central.

The Shamrocks throwback to a very simplistic 1966 home jersey, with just a simple green and white color scheme. No tri-green and cream jerseys yet for Farlin.

The Gallinne Roarers throw back to a teal 90s look in a 1995 home jersey. Teal and gold are pretty evened out, and the "G" in the cap and the wordmark contain subtle wheat elements (although not visible in these drawings).

The Hila Paramounts throw back to their pre-1995 days in the city of Bellin, Coastania through a 1989 road jersey. Other than the road wordmark changing in the 1995 move to McCarthy, Hila, the Mounts' look has stayed the same for over two decades.

The Lakent Lumbers throw back to a very simple 1961 road vest jersey with green undershirts.

Finally, the Lewisburg Hearts throw back to their inaugural 1947 home jerseys, with a very simplistic maroon and white color scheme and a Detroit Tigers-style design.

Well, that's it for now, guys! Hope you guys enjoy this new batch of throwbacks!

~ Daryl

Shamrocks: very clean and simple, the color balance is perfect

Roarers: 90's enough without making me want to tear my eyes out, and I love the teal

Paramounts: everything works here, and the fact that the NOB is in green is great. If it was in red, it would be too hard to read

Lumbers: like you said, simple but not boring

Hearts: I wish there was a little bit more maroon in this one

That's what- She

Roarers: 90's enough without making me want to tear my eyes out, and I love the teal

Paramounts: everything works here, and the fact that the NOB is in green is great. If it was in red, it would be too hard to read

Thank you very much!

Glad you liked these throwbacks and I really enjoyed your comment about the 90s-ness of the Roarers. As for the lack of maroon for the Hearts, I based it off the other 1947 teams I saw pics of on Dressed To the Nines, so...

-----------------------

A bit off-topic from this thread, but I've been considering doing a basketball league for Los Altos, along the lines of this baseball league.

I've already got a basic idea for a template (3-4 jerseys for each team, loads of logos for each team, courts on graph paper), but I would like some tips for creating basketball concepts. This upcoming NBA season, I'm gonna try to pay more attention to Warriors basketball, but I'm not too familiarized with basketball jerseys and whatnot.

I have looked to SFGiants58's amazing NBA Project 32 thread for inspiration, but I'd certainly appreciate more inspiration!

And advice/suggestions are welcomed!

~ Daryl

Thank you very much!

Glad you liked these throwbacks and I really enjoyed your comment about the 90s-ness of the Roarers. As for the lack of maroon for the Hearts, I based it off the other 1947 teams I saw pics of on Dressed To the Nines, so...

-----------------------

A bit off-topic from this thread, but I've been considering doing a basketball league for Los Altos, along the lines of this baseball league.

I've already got a basic idea for a template (3-4 jerseys for each team, loads of logos for each team, courts on graph paper), but I would like some tips for creating basketball concepts. This upcoming NBA season, I'm gonna try to pay more attention to Warriors basketball, but I'm not too familiarized with basketball jerseys and whatnot.

I have looked to SFGiants58's amazing NBA Project 32 thread for inspiration, but I'd certainly appreciate more inspiration!

And advice/suggestions are welcomed!

~ Daryl

Basketball league would be interesting, but what about a football league also? I would honestly like to see that first. and btw, i might post my concepts on here, not sure quite yet.

^

^

^

^ no no I meant pharmacy not architecture, just a miscommunication on my part, I probably should have said going to be, not want to be, my bad :oops:

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

• 1 month later...

If you ever need help with team names, gimme' a holler! Anyways, the hype has been activated now.

Thank you! Appreciated all the help you've already given me on my basketball thread and I can't wait to see more suggestions in the future!

Basketball league would be interesting, but what about a football league also? I would honestly like to see that first. and btw, i might post my concepts on here, not sure quite yet.

Eh, football doesn't really interest me, so I probably won't be venturing into football concepts sometime soon. And I'm not sure if you have already, but you're free to post your own concepts on a separate thread! Just as long as you already have (or had) concepts ready, you're good~

^

^

^

^ no no I meant pharmacy not architecture, just a miscommunication on my part, I probably should have said going to be, not want to be, my bad :oops:

Ah, no worries, my friend~

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's been forever since I last updated this thread. Tons of schoolwork have greatly delayed the production of baseball stadiums, which are pretty time-consuming. But hey, I haven't forgotten about this!

Tonight, I have for y'all the stadium for the Santiago Bay Merchants, Tradewind Park!

15268472759_76348d8c68_c.jpg

This stadium is located in a park right along the seashore, with the ocean being directly next to the third base side of the stadium. The outfield offers expansive views of the park as well as the Santiago Bay skyline. Many restaurants and cafes are located in and outside of the stadium, past right-center field. The Merchants' colors of red and gold are very evident throughout the stadium, with red seats and a gold-colored roof. A walkway overlooking ocean views surrounds the entire third deck.

That's it for this one, so I'll just leave you guys with a little message, or something among those lines. As these are really time-consuming and I have so much homework nowadays, I'll announce that updates on this thread will not be very frequent anymore. Trust me, I won't forget about these, I just have less time to do these. As for my basketball concepts, they will still be rolling as they are, as they are fairly quicker to finish.

But in regards to now, enjoy this stadium!

~ Daryl

If you ever need help with team names, gimme' a holler! Anyways, the hype has been activated now.

Thank you! Appreciated all the help you've already given me on my basketball thread and I can't wait to see more suggestions in the future!

Eh, football doesn't really interest me, so I probably won't be venturing into football concepts sometime soon. And I'm not sure if you have already, but you're free to post your own concepts on a separate thread! Just as long as you already have (or had) concepts ready, you're good~

^

^

^

Ah, no worries, my friend~

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's been forever since I last updated this thread. Tons of schoolwork have greatly delayed the production of baseball stadiums, which are pretty time-consuming. But hey, I haven't forgotten about this!

Tonight, I have for y'all the stadium for the Santiago Bay Merchants, Tradewind Park!

15268472759_76348d8c68_c.jpg

This stadium is located in a park right along the seashore, with the ocean being directly next to the third base side of the stadium. The outfield offers expansive views of the park as well as the Santiago Bay skyline. Many restaurants and cafes are located in and outside of the stadium, past right-center field. The Merchants' colors of red and gold are very evident throughout the stadium, with red seats and a gold-colored roof. A walkway overlooking ocean views surrounds the entire third deck.

That's it for this one, so I'll just leave you guys with a little message, or something among those lines. As these are really time-consuming and I have so much homework nowadays, I'll announce that updates on this thread will not be very frequent anymore. Trust me, I won't forget about these, I just have less time to do these. As for my basketball concepts, they will still be rolling as they are, as they are fairly quicker to finish.

But in regards to now, enjoy this stadium!

~ Daryl

Although that is very sad. I will be continuing to follow your basketball concept as well as this one. The stadiums blow my mind every time you make one.

Archived