Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

Glad to see another stadium, but disappointed that you won't be posting very often! Understandable with schoolwork, though.

I really like Tradewind Park. I really like how left field is more rounded while right field is more angular. The area beyond right field looks really cool as well.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Although that is very sad. I will be continuing to follow your basketball concept as well as this one. The stadiums blow my mind every time you make one.

Thank you sir! And I assure you, this thread ain't completely dead yet; it's just been taking me much longer to make these stadiums.

Glad to see another stadium, but disappointed that you won't be posting very often! Understandable with schoolwork, though.

I really like Tradewind Park. I really like how left field is more rounded while right field is more angular. The area beyond right field looks really cool as well.

Thanks for understanding and appreciate the words!

I rounded the left side of the field to provide more emphasis on the ocean views, while the right side is more structural and city stuff. As for that area past right field, it's a little shopping/bar/restaurant section open during both the season as well as the offseason.

Great stadium. Go ahead and take as long as you want, schoolwork is much more important.

Thank you! And it sure has paid off, as I'm doing pretty well in my harder classes this year.

Nice job, keep up the good work!

Thanks, sir!

--------------------------------------------------

It's alive! This thread's back up to date after three months of relative inactivity on my baseball concepts.

Tonight, I have for you all the stadium for the Lakent Lumbers, Collack Savings Park!

15793377494_c61ddf21c7_c.jpg

Firstly, this stadium is built atop a hill overlooking Lake Collack, with great vistas of the lake provided past center field. Pine forests surround the stadium and the stadium architecture reflects a sort of log cabin/ski lodge feel to it, with "wood" everywhere! The area behind home plate is at a higher elevation that past the outfield. Past left field is a little "ski village" shopping/dining area.

As for the field and dimensions itself, the diamond has been shifted 30 feet up the right field line, thus disturbing the former symmetry of the stadium. This had been done to provide longer dimensions to left field and shorter dimensions to right field, as wind speeds are higher towards left field than towards right field.

That's all for today, folks! I don't know when I'll have another stadium up, but stay tuned nonetheless!

~ Daryl

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Although that is very sad. I will be continuing to follow your basketball concept as well as this one. The stadiums blow my mind every time you make one.

Thank you sir! And I assure you, this thread ain't completely dead yet; it's just been taking me much longer to make these stadiums.

Thanks for understanding and appreciate the words!

I rounded the left side of the field to provide more emphasis on the ocean views, while the right side is more structural and city stuff. As for that area past right field, it's a little shopping/bar/restaurant section open during both the season as well as the offseason.

Great stadium. Go ahead and take as long as you want, schoolwork is much more important.

Thank you! And it sure has paid off, as I'm doing pretty well in my harder classes this year.

Nice job, keep up the good work!

Thanks, sir!

--------------------------------------------------

It's alive! This thread's back up to date after three months of relative inactivity on my baseball concepts.

Tonight, I have for you all the stadium for the Lakent Lumbers, Collack Savings Park!

15793377494_c61ddf21c7_c.jpg

Firstly, this stadium is built atop a hill overlooking Lake Collack, with great vistas of the lake provided past center field. Pine forests surround the stadium and the stadium architecture reflects a sort of log cabin/ski lodge feel to it, with "wood" everywhere! The area behind home plate is at a higher elevation that past the outfield. Past left field is a little "ski village" shopping/dining area.

As for the field and dimensions itself, the diamond has been shifted 30 feet up the right field line, thus disturbing the former symmetry of the stadium. This had been done to provide longer dimensions to left field and shorter dimensions to right field, as wind speeds are higher towards left field than towards right field.

That's all for today, folks! I don't know when I'll have another stadium up, but stay tuned nonetheless!

~ Daryl

That park looks great! quick question, what is the thing that covers part of the upper deck made out of?

Hooray! He's back!

Great to see another stadium, Daryl, and you certainly didn't disappoint. This one looks really cool. I love the idea of a ski-lodge feel, and I bet it the architecture of it would be pretty sweet. I really like what's going on down the left field line--looks like there's some sort of party area, and I like the separated two-tiered stands. And the story about the shifting of the field is really interesting...would make for some interesting plays in foul territory.

Very cool, as usual. One of my favorites, along with the industrial themed one.

One question though: you mentioned that the elevation is higher behind home plate than past the outfield. Does this just mean that you would be looking downhill past the outfield, or is there a degree of slope to the field itself?

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

• 1 month later...

I have been bored today so I was looking at random concepts, and I have to say yours was the best one. The effort you put in to this is amazing! One question. Where is Los Altos located in the world?

Archived