Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally I go to check hockey concepts or Windell's Dodgeball concepts, but holy crap this fictional league is surely a beauty.

Thank you! An entirely fictional league I got here!

Stadium looks awesome! I like that g-20's logo as well.

Thanks! The Granby cap logo is one of my favorites!

-------------------------------------------

For my next update, I have the stadium doe the Portside Sailors. Here's Aflac Stadium (yes, I like to laugh at what I named it):

14451526489_5f2d1c8614_c.jpg

As you can see, it's directly next to the ocean, with the CF wall being right next to waterfront. Much, much closer to the waterfront than AT&T Park. And that crazy roof design incorporates solar panels into the design.

Uniforms to come soon. Enjoy!

~ Daryl

I just saw this thread for the first time and I have to say that I absolutely love it! All of your stadium drawings completely blew my mind! Especially with the baseball/football mix. Just an outstanding series and I hope you can keep it up! I think my favorite one is the one you just did. I can't wait until someone pulls a Torii Hunter in CF (a la 2013 ALCS Game 2) and land in the water, lol!

It's a little crazy, but I love it!

Thanks! I love the little quirks that go along with individual baseball stadiums, which make drawing these stadiums very enjoyable...

I thought the panels were water at first, pretty awesome diamond you've made

I wanted to incorporate those panels not just because there's an overall seaside theme in the stadium, but also adding some modern touches as this is a fairly new stadium.

I just saw this thread for the first time and I have to say that I absolutely love it! All of your stadium drawings completely blew my mind! Especially with the baseball/football mix. Just an outstanding series and I hope you can keep it up! I think my favorite one is the one you just did. I can't wait until someone pulls a Torii Hunter in CF (a la 2013 ALCS Game 2) and land in the water, lol!

Thanks a lot! As I've mentioned many times in this thread, i really enjoy making these drawings. And I seriously laughed pretty hard at that last sentence. But there are a few bushes between the wall and the water, but that doesn't guarantee that one doesn't fall in... :P

--------------------------------------------

So today, I have the uniform set for the Portside Sailors up and ready. Here you go:

14428868620_0486948953_c.jpg

First of all, the primary logo puts a twist on the roundel design. It mixes elements of a baseball, one of those life saver things (Google couldn't provide me with the name of those things), and the team colors of blue and yellow. The jersey designs are pretty simple. And in my opinion, these could very easily be Golden State Warriors jerseys.

Speaking of jerseys, I feel that my jerseys follow a basic design template and that kinda worries me that they might look all too similar. Any thoughts in improving jersey designs?

~ Daryl

haven't commented here in a while, but I've been checking in on every one. I'll echo what everyone else has been saying, the stadium drawings are AMAZING. I must tell you, the jerseys and logos aren't too shabby either. Great Work Thegiantsfan!

haven't commented here in a while, but I've been checking in on every one. I'll echo what everyone else has been saying, the stadium drawings are AMAZING. I must tell you, the jerseys and logos aren't too shabby either. Great Work Thegiantsfan!

Thank you so much! :D

Pretty great unis, just think one of the alts needs to have the stereotypical sailor stripes.

I thought about that incorporating that, but I was unsure about where I would place the stripes. On the sleeves, maybe?

That stadium is by far the coolest I've ever seen. :notworthy: I've always told myself if I'm rich on day I'll build a baseball stadium somewhere, now I know what to model it after! Too bad I doubt I'll be rich. :cry:

If you'd like to get all that money for a stadium, why don't you try playing for the Yankees? :lol:

another great stadium to go with the rest. Its amazing how each are unique and not over the top. Great series over all!

Thanks! A reason why I enjoy drawing these stadiums is that they're unique each time. And I try to keep it realistic, as well. (My friends have seriously recommended me do a ballpark in space. Ain't gonna happen...)

I absolutely love this thread. I used to draw things like this, and I love how much farther you've taken them.

Thanks! With no graphic art skills whatsoever, drawing by hand are my way to go...

--------------------------------------------------

For my next update, I'm doing somewhat of a remake of one of my very first stadium drawings that I made back in the beginning of my high school freshman year (I'm halfway through sophomore year now). Here's the home of the Princeton Majestics, Yorkentech Ballpark, v1 (left) as well as v2 (right) in progress...

12532734803_a6c65bc723_c.jpg

I find this picture fascinating considering how much I've improved at building stadiums in the course of a year and a half or so. Before I started figuring out an accurate dimension scale (1 square is 30 ft by 30 ft). Also before I decided on the basic "template" I use now (stadium/team names at top, dimensions on lower-right corner).

As for Yorkentech Stadium v2 is concerned, it's all about symmetry. Dimensions are symmetrical as both foul poles are 344' from home plate, left and right center is 404' from home, and center is 394'. Heavy emphasis on the number 4 as the number 4 is a significant number in Princeton Majestics history. I don't know how as of yet... :P

Obviously still a work in progress, but I'd like to know what you guys think....

~ Daryl

Nice, unique look so far.

Thanks!

-----------------------------

Another progress post here, so let's begin!

Here's my current progress for Yorkentech Ballpark:

12711300435_5cfae85fdf_c.jpg

As you can see, I managed to incorporate a crown design in the outfield because it is royal-themed team after all...

And here's a sneak peek at the Monarchs/Majestics team identity. I have a pic of the cap logo and the team's unique number font:

12711484883_031a3ee4fc_c.jpg

I like what I have, though I worry that it might look a bit too similar to the Pittsburgh Pirates, except for blue instead of black. Any suggestions to distance this identity away from the Pirates?

Even though I seemed to have decided on a team name for Princeton, I keep mixing Monarch and Majestics up. So I've decided to let you guys choose the name for this name through a poll. Make sure to vote!

~ Daryl

I'd go with Monarchs (because of the uniform company Majestic), and maybe go for a light blue/old gold color scheme to distance the look from the Pirates. I love the crown "P", and I really like the stadium. Nice job.

Thank you! I decided to go with a navy blue/gold look and I managed to find a way with the uniform design to distance the Monarchs from the Pirates.

I like what you did with the outfield itself

Thanks! It was kinda hard for me to incorporate a crown into the outfield without it looking too wacky.

-------------------------------------------

For my next update, I have the finished Yorkentech Ballpark and the Princeton Monarchs (majority wanted Monarchs over Majestics).

First up, here's Yorkentech Ballpark:

14615190516_418c472176_c.jpg

And then here's the uniforms:

14615524445_f4ba47da08_c.jpg

As you can see, I tried to pull off a classy look and I think I got it right. Nothing too complicated and a gold jersey to go along with it.

The next team I'd be working on is the Chatfield Silverbacks. Yeah, a team named after gorillas...

~ Daryl

Archived