Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

I deleted it because I'm about to change the script for Airumali (Safiria's national language). :P

Thanks! :D No, I don't mind if there's a Safirian territory on the continent with Los Altos. ^_^

I would also be open to doing some sporting stuff in aforementioned Safirian territory :3

Ah, I see. Any pictures of the new script? The Safirian Empire shall now share the continent with the country of Los Altos! As for the sports teams in Safiria, someday if I ever wanna do something outside of Los Altos. :)

Love this thread,keep it up!

Thanks!

I remember back when CJMiller and I joined forces. Hard to believe we were once local restaurant owners, and now we've got a stadium named after us... It may not be a real stadium, but there's something nice about having something named after me, haha.

Love the new stadium. Just interested, what would you estimate the seating capacity would be?

Probably over 9,000.

Lafarge, your restaurants sure have gone so far. I mean, look at this, you have international locations now!

As for the stadium capacity, I really don't do capacity estimates, although I assure you, the capacity for L&S Forum is over 9,000! Haha.

I would love to have a stadium named Kawasaki Park...With this logo

kawasaki-page-logo.png

I think I'll probably name the stadium for the Santiago Bay Merchants that. Pretty appropriate with Santiago Bay being such an important trading city. Thanks for the suggestion!

---------------------------------------------------

For tonight's update, I have the uniforms for the Gallinne Roarers and a progress shot of my current stadium project. First of all, here's the Roarers uniforms:

14429132067_45e14b8d54_c.jpg

The Roarers are one of my favorite teams, mostly because of the thought put into this identity. As suggested by a few users all the way back to Page 6, this identity connects Gallinne's hard industry with the agricultural aspects of the State of Magainy. The orange represents molten metal in the steelmaking process while the wheat motifs represent agriculture. I chose the Roarers name to emphasize industry (orange) while Gallinne represents more of agriculture (wheat). As for the alternates, the black uniforms is for "Metal Monday" while the wheat uniforms are for "Wheat Wednesday." They could be worn both at home and on the road, just as long as its Monday night or Wednesday afternoon.

And finally, here's a progress shot on the second version of Southern Coast Ballpark (on the right) side-by-side with the original drawing (left) from my freshman year:

13923966780_05dd835d18_c.jpg

With what I have now, all I gotta say is that I matched the original shape of the outfield pretty well!

~ Daryl

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, I see. Any pictures of the new script? The Safirian Empire shall now share the continent with the country of Los Altos! As for the sports teams in Safiria, someday if I ever wanna do something outside of Los Altos.

Samara.png

«Samara»

Alara%20Safiriu.png

«Alara Safiriw» (Safirian Empire)

Conworlds: Safir Alliance | Hoennverse

spacer.png

hey, what about my country? may it have a team in your league? haha :P

I just had a thought, do you have license plates for the states in your country?

Samara.png

«Samara»

Alara%20Safiriu.png

«Alara Safiriw» (Safirian Empire)

Nice! Did you create these scripts (or the entire language in general) by yourself?

Only the mapping... the script is that of the Voynich manuscript. :3

spacer.png

hey, what about my country? may it have a team in your league? haha :P

I just had a thought, do you have license plates for the states in your country?

If there's ever an international expansion! :P

As for the license plates, I do indeed have 'em for Los Altos! Seeing your thread inspired be to update the (rather primitive) plate designs I've drawn up. Here's a few that I have completed:

BmmiK43CMAAT3-E.jpg

Not at the moment, but I can make some if you want me to. :3

Only the mapping... the script is that of the Voynich manuscript. :3

What do you mean by your first post? And I'd be interested in seeing the mapping! Although I got a little sneek peek of Safiria through your little Wiki.

-----------------------------------------------------

During last night's marathon Giants game, I decided to draw a jersey set. Here's the Santiago Bay Merchants jerseys!

14429139457_221197c5d8_c.jpg

Nothing all too special here, just a primary logo made to look like a sail of a merchant ship or a faded document, depending on the way you see it, as well as gold pinstripes!

~ Daryl

What do you mean by your first post?

Safirian license plates -- I thought he was talking to me :P

And I'd be interested in seeing the mapping! Although I got a little sneek peek of Safiria through your little Wiki.

This spreadsheet, sheet "Sheet2"

Unless you meant a map of Safiria, in which case...

spacer.png

During last night's marathon Giants game, I decided to draw a jersey set. Here's the Santiago Bay Merchants jerseys!

13936373987_e6a3f13dcc_c.jpg

Nothing all too special here, just a primary logo made to look like a sail of a merchant ship or a faded document, depending on the way you see it, as well as gold pinstripes!

Brilliant design!

YVRMUBj.png

those plates are awesome!! Do you ever draw stuff on digital? because it would be cool to see those on a large copy.

Thanks! I don't really draw anything digitally, but if you really wanted to, then feel free to digitize these plates for me! :D

Love the Whalers and the Monarchs the most outta that division.

Thanks! I'll have to agree with you there; I really enjoyed doing the Whalers' logo as well as the simplicity of their sets. As for the Monarchs, I really like how I pulled off a classy "royal" look to them.

What do you mean by your first post?

Safirian license plates -- I thought he was talking to me :P

And I'd be interested in seeing the mapping! Although I got a little sneek peek of Safiria through your little Wiki.

This spreadsheet, sheet "Sheet2"

Unless you meant a map of Safiria, in which case...

Pretty complicated language there! And the mapping's alright; simple, but sweet. Well done on both!

Brilliant design!

Thank you! Since I already have two nautical-themed teams that I have done uniforms on, an anchor and a lifesaver were out of the equation. So I decided to make a design based on sails. Glad you like it!

---------------------------------------------------------

For tonight's update, I have the completed version of Southern Coast Ballpark v2. Here it is!

14451499600_1dd2ecafa9_c.jpg

And side-to-side with Southern Coast Ballpark v2 (on left):

14177013493_d03c580c7f_c.jpg

I've improved quite a bit since doing that first version back in my freshman year. The solar panels, the outfield suites instead of behind the plate, and the outfield shape still stay, but now I've added a few more features. There is now a restaurant and a bar past the outfield and the Seaside Parkway is visible past center field with parking underneath the elevated freeway. The stadium is across the street from a park that sits between Southern Coast Ballpark and the Henderson basketball/hockey arena. The brown circular thing on the upper-left corner is actually an observation tower built to the shape of an upside-down baseball bat. Here's a sketch of the left field view showing that and the view of downtown Henderson:

BnU3B5uIUAAxtPw.jpg

And that's it for Southern Coast Ballpark!

Now I have a question for you guys, if I decide to go into the All-Star Game logos, which I'll probably do once stadiums and jerseys are getting done, would anyone be interested in making logos for it? I'll probably have a list of the locations and if anyone's interested, I will provide background behind the host team and city. Let me know what you guys think!

~ Daryl

those plates are awesome!! Do you ever draw stuff on digital? because it would be cool to see those on a large copy.

Thanks! I don't really draw anything digitally, but if you really wanted to, then feel free to digitize these plates for me! :D

I wanted to lol :P I can probably make them from the picture you posted, but if you message me an overhead view, I should be able to get every detail.

I wanted to lol :P I can probably make them from the picture you posted, but if you message me an overhead view, I should be able to get every detail.

I'll send you a pic when I get more plates done and/or probably by the next time I get on the computer.

--------------------------

Bump?

The bat-shaped observation tower is a very nice touch.

Thank you! I felt that the stadium vicinity could be spiced up with some public art. Haha.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I have a progress shot for my next stadium, the Millenter Dome (named for mamiller99), home of the Valle Buena Condors:

14157615496_a5227874ff_c.jpg

It's my first domed stadium, but I'm drawing it without the dome (which will come as a separate little sheet of paper) as it would be totally pointless not to do the interior of the stadium. It's a round stadium and I like to call it a mix of Tropicana Field and Rogers Centre.

Along with this, I'm taking suggestions for the identity of the home team, the Valle Buena Condors. Aside from the colors of blue and black, I am stuck on this identity. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I would also still like to bring this up to see if anybody's interested...

Now I have a question for you guys, if I decide to go into the All-Star Game logos, which I'll probably do once stadiums and jerseys are getting done, would anyone be interested in making logos for it? I'll probably have a list of the locations and if anyone's interested, I will provide background behind the host team and city. Let me know what you guys think!

~ Daryl

Maybe it's an illusion created by how round it is, but does this stadium have a considerably lower seating capacity than the others that you've done?

As for the Condors, I would do something sleeker and more graceful than the Bakersfield Condors. I like bird logos that are a bit more abstract and graceful. This is a raven and isn't a sports logo, so yours would have to be somewhat different, but what about something in this neighborhood:

Raven_bird_logo.gif

Bonus points if you can make the bird illustration spell out VB or VBC.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

Sounds like a good suggestion, although I would agree with Veras that the Bakersfield Condors logo just isn't sleek like some other bird logos (The Atlanta Hawks come into mind). Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I think you need a C2 Field @ (insert name here) Cove :)

Seems like a good idea; I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Maybe it's an illusion created by how round it is, but does this stadium have a considerably lower seating capacity than the others that you've done?

As for the Condors, I would do something sleeker and more graceful than the Bakersfield Condors. I like bird logos that are a bit more abstract and graceful. This is a raven and isn't a sports logo, so yours would have to be somewhat different, but what about something in this neighborhood:

Raven_bird_logo.gif

Bonus points if you can make the bird illustration spell out VB or VBC.

I don't really do capacity estimates, but Millenter Dome has quite a smaller capacity than an average ABL stadium. As for your suggestion, I'll get to it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

...now. I'm currently trying out a few ideas for a logo for the Condors. Here's what I have so far:

BnyzZgVCIAI99UE.jpg

First, I looked up an image of a condor and sketched it up. Then I gave a few shots at a more abstract version of, but I'm not really sure what direction to go on. I do plan on incorporating "VB" somewhere in the wing.

Oh, and before this is over, here's a progress shot on the Millenter Dome!

BnsnHKpIIAAUw8I.jpg

And since it looks like there's no interest for them, I guess I'll just shelf All-Star Game logos for now.

~ Daryl

Archived