Hand-Drawn Baseball Drawings I: Alton Baseball League

TheGiantsFan

Man, you have a talent! This thread is so awesome

Thanks, man!

-------------------------

For this next update, I have the jerseys for the Garrison Cadets. Here's the picture:

14615510425_08e30d342b_c.jpg

I gotta say, it was pretty fun making this set. Sand happens to be one of the Cadets' colors, so a cream home uni was a no-doubter. I just used the "G" logo on the road unis because it'd be really hard to fit "Garrison" in the military font (it was hard enough trying to fit "Cadets" in the home unis). And as promised, the baseball script "Cadets" is on a green alternate uni.

As for the poll, I'll leave it up a bit longer. I see it's a close race between Interleague and The Finals. Keep on voting!

What do you guys think?

~ Daryl

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a quick little update for today and that's an idea I have for the Alcea City Hawks. First of all, here's the logo so far:

10767812085_95b196d3ff_n.jpg

I understand the quality's not the best, but here's what I have so far. The "A" serves as the hawk with its wings down. Where the feet would be is a very subtle "C." The colors of the team are red and gray. Where do you guys think I should go from here?

I would appreciate it if somebody would be willing to digitalize this logo to better see how it looks. Thanks in advance!

What do you guys think?

~ Daryl

No replies this time 'round, so I'll go straight to the updates...

Let's start with the picture update. The first picture here are the jerseys for the Alcea City Hawks:

14428898028_ce370f12a1_c.jpg

As for the final round of the postseason I've gotten you guys to vote on, I decided (with the suggestion from ThePeam) to just combine the two frontrunners and just call it the Interleague Finals. So that's that.

Finally, I have completely overhauled the OP to provide links to important posts for easier access,

So what do you guys think?

~ Daryl

For my next update, I have completed Cisco Field v2. I will also give you guys a preview of what's to come next. So let's start.

First of all, here's the completed drawing of Cisco Field v2:

10830687926_7b07df5e6b_c.jpg

Here's the comparison between my two versions of the same stadium:

BY12uJXCEAA3eJG.jpg

(Version 1 from back in May on left, and Version 2 from this November on right)

And I have an exact place in mind where to put it; right on the Berkeley waterfront:

10830619016_f03d3efe37_z.jpg

I'd put it on that piece of land that has "Berkeley Marina" on top of it on this Google Maps screenshot.

As for my next project, I will try to draw an actual stadium for the first time. As a Giants fan, that would be no doubt AT&T Park. Here's what I have so far:

10830601336_165078d380_z.jpg

To be honest, it isn't as easy as it looks. The field is just 1/3 of the story in my opinion. But, it's worth a shot!

What do you guys think?

~ Daryl

Cisco Park looks really nice, and I'm sure the view would be gorgeous. One thing that worries me is the dimensions...unless there's a constant 20 mph wind coming off the bay there would be about 10 home runs a game!

I'd imagine the wind would blow into the stadium off the bay more often then not -- but regardless it's a pretty small park!

Cisco Park looks really nice, and I'm sure the view would be gorgeous. One thing that worries me is the dimensions...unless there's a constant 20 mph wind coming off the bay there would be about 10 home runs a game!

I'd imagine the wind would blow into the stadium off the bay more often then not -- but regardless it's a pretty small park!

Honestly, I didn't really take the wind into effect for Cisco Field, I wouldn't have ever noticed it. Maybe sinking the field might work?

Maybe it 308 with a huge wall but with no wall any lefty who pulls a line drive or a pop up has a home run.

I designed the RF seats for the wall to gradually rise towards CF. What I mean by that is that the wall in CF is taller than the wall in right-center, which is taller than the wall at the right field foul pole. Basically a slope.

After taking a closer look at Birmingham,id love to see that Birmingham script on the roads.

Well, that would be pretty hard for me to fit into the jersey, the name's just too long. An all-caps "GARRISON" is hard enough to fit into a jersey, so spelling out "Birmingham" might be quite a challenge for me.

-------------------------

For my next update, I have completed the only real-life ballpark I'll ever do because drawing this made me rather crazy.

I present to you the home of my beloved San Francisco Giants, AT&T Park!

10898307306_bd1c70488d_c.jpg

I tried to make the dimensions* as accurate as possible, though I'm kinda worried if I have the wrong angle along the Bay (I'm very nitpicky like that).

*I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but each little grid is 30' x 30'.

So what do you guys think? Feedback is greatly appreciated!

~ Daryl

• 2 weeks later...

Thats really great, your drawing skills are very good and you present it very well, well done

Fantastic!

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate it!

---------------------------------

Happy Thanksgiving! Haven't updated in a while, but now I have a new batch done, A stadium and the uniforms for the Claraville Whalers.

First, here's MFBank Park:

14451534080_5daece43f9_c.jpg

For the stadium, I tried to incorporate a modern design with hints of sailboats for the roofs.

Next, here's the uniforms:

14615525305_a8291638e2_c.jpg

Making the Whalers' primary logo was interesting for me. The roundel is representative of a ship's wheel, the interlocking letters are supposed to resemble an anchor as well as a whale tail, and the stars representative of the Whalers' four Interleague Championship titles. As for the regular unis, I went for a 70s-80s Angels look and kept it rather simple.

So what do you guys think?

~ Daryl

LOVE IT! Whalers and Hawks are the best so far.

whalers look great. really like their stadium

Thanks, guys! I had quite some fun designing the logos for these two teams. Glad you guys liked it!

----------------------------------------

This next update will be the last update of 2013 as I will be going on vacation and will therefore put this thread on a temporary hiatus until January. So what that aside, here's the next update...

Today, I have both the stadium and the jerseys for the Jacksonville Cattlers.

This team is named after the famed cattle industry in the Jacksonville area, right in the rich agricultural interior of Los Altos. Originally the Cattlemen, their name was later simplified to Cattlers.

First, here's their stadium, the venerable Hafley Field:

14451766667_808cdfe6c4_c.jpg

Hafley Field was constructed in 1915 and is one of the oldest active ballparks in the ABL. This is a jewel-box park and incorporates elements such as the second deck almost reaching the playing field and lofty outfield dimensions (though the fences have been brought in through the years).

Now here are the Cattlers' jerseys:

11317980843_f7a731f525_c.jpg

This wraps up my final update of the year. While I will still be on the forum responding to any feedback, I won't be able to upload new drawings until January. So that's all for today...

What do you guys think?

~ Daryl

Archived