Chiefs Going Monochrome Today

Mitch B

I like the red on red look for the Chiefs.

Seriously, some of you guys on this site just need to get over the beef you have with monochrome football uniforms. This trend is not going to end any time soon. You might as well not stress yourselves out over it every week.

Stressed? Who's stressed? It's not stressful to point out how ugly it looks week in and week out.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not an overreaction I live in CO and can only watch my Chiefs 5-6 times a year. When I watch the chiefs I want them to look like they did 20-30-40-50 years ago! That is not how I wanted to see them, they looked awful and the thing that pisses me off is they just did it for the he'll of it. Why? Why mess with a good thing? Now I'm afraid they will wear it more because of the W.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Here's the thing though, I wouldn't be so pissed if I were you. I don't care if my team has the ugliest uniforms in the NFL; if they're winning, I'm happy. Albeit this is coming from a Rams fan who hasn't seen much winning and hates our blue on blue combo we're going with at home, so I'll take what I can get.

Here's the thing though, I wouldn't be so pissed if I were you. I don't care if my team has the ugliest uniforms in the NFL; if they're winning, I'm happy. Albeit this is coming from a Rams fan who hasn't seen much winning and hates our blue on blue combo we're going with at home, so I'll take what I can get.

This. The Seahawks uniforms are a mess but I don't get pissed whenever they take the field.

Come to think of it, they've never had a look I've been particularly fond of, yet I'm still a fan.

Well obviously I'm happy with the result. Sorry I thought this site was for sports logos and uniform design, I thought this would be the place to voice my displeasure with my teams' attire. Glad to see a guy who joined 6 months ago (the Seahawks fan) is straightening us out for being frustrated about sports uniforms on the CCSLC.

Well obviously I'm happy with the result. Sorry I thought this site was for sports logos and uniform design, I thought this would be the place to voice my displeasure with my teams' attire. Glad to see a guy who joined 6 months ago (the Seahawks fan) is straightening us out for being frustrated about sports uniforms on the CCSLC.

I've lurked this site for years, just never made an account until awhile ago. Being ':censored:ing pissed off' about the team you're a diehard fan of but only watch 6 games a year of wearing red pants once is an overreaction. And taking potshots over that being pointed out just goes to show you're overreacting.

I've lurked this site for years, just never made an account until awhile ago. Being ':censored:ing pissed off' about the team you're a diehard fan of but only watch 6 games a year of wearing red pants once is an overreaction. And taking potshots over that being pointed out just goes to show you're overreacting.

Just throwing in my 2 cents, I'd be angered to if my team had a storied tradition of wearing red/white for decades, and changed it randomly for no reason. Being 'pissed' is a bit exaggerated, but I see where he's coming from.

Just throwing in my 2 cents, I'd be angered to if my team had a storied tradition of wearing red/white for decades, and changed it randomly for no reason. Being 'pissed' is a bit exaggerated, but I see where he's coming from.

I do see where he's coming from. I just also think he's overreacting, especially considering this was one game. You'd think they just pulled a Jacksonville.

Ok pissed may have been hyperbole, but I was definitely irritated. I most certainly didn't take a shot at you, I didn't say anything even slightly untrue. Honestly I was upset, but after the first drive and the TD I barely even noticed.

Seriously though, not all teams need to be edgy and kewl like the Seahawks, (though I actually really like their uniforms.) not all teams need custom fonts and piping and my Chiefs need to know their place and monochrome red is NOT it.

I do see where he's coming from. I just also think he's overreacting, especially considering this was one game. You'd think they just pulled a Jacksonville.

Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, it's a just reason to be upset (personally I like the all red look, but that's just my opinion.) I know this is a sports logos/uniforms community and I know that we're all anal about how our teams look, but at the end of the day, would you rather have your team go 16-0 looking like Jacksonville or 0-16 looking like Green Bay? I know my answer.

I don't really care for it, but it's not the worst I've ever seen.

The reason that Cardinals example works is because they have a white helmet, while the Chiefs do not. The white helmet matches the white cleats/socks, so it's kind of symmetrical.

Ok pissed may have been hyperbole, but I was definitely irritated. I most certainly didn't take a shot at you, I didn't say anything even slightly untrue. Honestly I was upset, but after the first drive and the TD I barely even noticed.

Seriously though, not all teams need to be edgy and kewl like the Seahawks, (though I actually really like their uniforms.) not all teams need custom fonts and piping and my Chiefs need to know their place and monochrome red is NOT it.

If they wear the monochrome red once in a great while, it's not that big of a deal.

Archived