Chiefs Going Monochrome Today

Mitch B

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

132154463_heinz-mustard-tank-dress-ketch

Chiefs vs. Oregon. :D

After further review, I still dislike the look but agree it's far from the worst. Since I'm into truth I'll just go ahead and admit that once I thought it over, I realized my reaction was - in small part, but some part - not just to the aesthetics. It was to the fact that one of the franchises that had maintained a classy & classic look for decades had succumbed to the mono trend.

I agree with whoever said they disliked red pants in general but the Chiefs' road set has always been an exception. It's one of the best in the league. Colored pants usually look a lot better when the helmet color happens to match the pants.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Real game photos:

(First Pictures Removed)

More images for you guys to digest (and probably vomit):

BcWlMwc.jpg

This picture is really odd. I love the timing of it.

But, I agree with what some are saying. The all red might not be the best look for the Chiefs, but they still looked better than the Cowboys.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I just wonder how the Chiefs could manage to win a September game in the warm temperatures in dark colors from head-to-toe?

Man, how'd they do that when some teams just have to wear white early in the year "to beat the heat"?

About the Chefs look...looked fine to me. Looked even better knowing how it would make some of the traditional stick-up-their-behind people here quiver and shake in horror.

Nice job KC. Your look is kinda stale and old, but you pulled it off yesterday. Looks good as a change-up.

The Eagles will be next folks.... And it will look terrific.

I am a huge fan of this. Change the uniform up a bit and change the whole mindset of that organization which has not really done anything since the late 80's its funny to me that KC fans get upset about this because of the history. Its that exact history that I would want to erase from my memory unless I was around when Hank Stram was running things.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Actually, not as horrible as I expected. Probably because I really like the Chiefs' look in its separate parts more than most NFL teams. They've stuck to their look for the most part. I prefer red over white or white over red, by far, but I don't hate this like some other monochrome looks, maybe because the helmet matches the rest and because the Chiefs in general look so good.

My only nit-pick is a long-standing one. I wish the helmet matched the rest, secondary color-wise. I love their helmets but would prefer the trim to be athletic gold instead of black, just for consistency. For me that would elevate their look to an even higher echelon, and I know the Chiefs' unis are some of the favorites of many on this board already. Didn't they have the athletic gold on their helmet as the Dallas Texans, as the star in the white Texas map? If so, precedent is already there.

I just wonder how the Chiefs could manage to win a September game in the warm temperatures in dark colors from head-to-toe?

Man, how'd they do that when some teams just have to wear white early in the year "to beat the heat"?

It wasn't that hot. It rained just before kickoff and after the sun came out the temp didn't get above about 82-83. That may be terribly hot for some of you, and for KC it's 3-4 degrees above normal for this time of year... But it's not terrible.

It wasn't that hot. It rained just before kickoff and after the sun came out the temp didn't get above about 82-83. That may be terribly hot for some of you, and for KC it's 3-4 degrees above normal for this time of year... But it's not terrible.

It kills me when people mention the dark color uniforms and the heat, I mean come on! If the Miami Hurricanes can wear the orange jersey on Saturday then there is no reason the Miami Dolphins cannot wear their dark jersey on Sunday. Besides the jerseys these days are made to breathe and there should not be drastic difference in heat.

spacer.png

No, hot garbage. It would be incredibly dumb to mess up the striping on a classic uniform to conform to a pair of pants which it probably shouldn't have anyway for a combination which is terrible and should never see a field above the high school level.

Whether they wear monochrome or not, there's no excuse for the inconsistent striping, which looks bush league. Either they need to fix the sleeve striping or the pants striping.

And yes, the red pants are necessary because all white is an extremely boring look (especially for the Chiefs), and the red pants balance out nicely with the red helmet on the road.

This is a very good look that would be great with consistent striping and yellow trim on the helmet logo:

At5KiDf.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

No, hot garbage. It would be incredibly dumb to mess up the striping on a classic uniform to conform to a pair of pants which it probably shouldn't have anyway for a combination which is terrible and should never see a field above the high school level.

Whether they wear monochrome or not, there's no excuse for the inconsistent striping, which looks bush league. Either they need to fix the sleeve striping or the pants striping.

And yes, the red pants are necessary because all white is an extremely boring look (especially for the Chiefs), and the red pants balance out nicely with the red helmet on the road.

This is a very good look that would be great with consistent striping and yellow trim on the helmet logo:

At5KiDf.jpg

The jersey stripes match the sock stripes. That's the way it should be. The pant stripes can be whatever at this point.

Aside from the "small detail that bothers me" with the socks stripes not quite matching the proportions of the sleeve stripes, that's about as perfect a football uniform as you can get.

And the pants stripe matches both the socks and the sleeves. It's a red-yellow-red stripe on a white background.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ok so after hearing the story of why they wore mono-red I'm ok with it. Apparently the players requested to wear red for the fans, normally I would call BS on this but... Chiefs fans have supported the team through many bad seasons including last season with the 2-14 record, the Beltcher murder suicide, GM and Coach were fired, etc and the fans were still packing the stadium and louder then any other stadiums.

Honestly the players should be proud to wear the red from head to toe, and that's ok one time per season!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I am a huge fan of this. Change the uniform up a bit and change the whole mindset of that organization which has not really done anything since the late 80's its funny to me that KC fans get upset about this because of the history. Its that exact history that I would want to erase from my memory unless I was around when Hank Stram was running things.

Were we watching the same Chiefs teams in the '90s? The ones I remember watching were a virtual lock to go like 13-3 and...well, bow out in their first playoff game. But that's besides the point--which is they were pretty darn successful then.

At any rate, I wouldn't mind seein--no, I HOPE I see this again. Not as an every home game thing, but like a once -a-season "for the fans" type thing, as was mentioned upthread. Kinda does fit in with that whole "Sea of Red" thing they got going on down there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

At5KiDf.jpg

The striping is consistent. The jerseys use a white base with red/gold/red striping. The red pants have a white stripe, which serves as a white base to recreate that red-gold-red striping.

Which is a part of the problem with this monochrome. The red pants match when worn with the white jerseys, as intended. They were never meant to work with the red jerseys.

The only element of their look which breaks with the three stripes is their red pants. The red jersey and socks have yellow stripes outlined in white, and the white jersey, socks and pants have yellow stripes outlined in red. Although the red pants techincally provide consistency among their road look, it's too cutesy and comes at the expense of a greater, entire-package consistency.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived