The National (Association) Football League - SD, TB, TEN, WSH

mbannon92

Not a fan of the Houston crest. It looks too forced together. I like the kits though. For Detroit, what if you moved the stripes to the side of the front. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but if the stripes start at the shoulder area and move down.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Detroit, what if you moved the stripes to the side of the front. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but if the stripes start at the shoulder area and move down.

Duh, like offset racing stripes. Or this kit. Don't know how I didn't think of that!

Better? I think so.

DET-2-01.png

For Detroit, what if you moved the stripes to the side of the front. I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but if the stripes start at the shoulder area and move down.

Duh, like offset racing stripes. Or this kit. Don't know how I didn't think of that!

Better? I think so.

DET-2-01.png

Exactly what I meant. Looks wonderful.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I have an idea for the Carolina crest, so I'll try and get to that this week and post an update.

Moving on, here are the next two teams.

AFC:

CLE-01.png

Crest: The Browns' crest is directly based off the crest on the city's flag. The shape of the crest and "CLEVELAND" are carried over, while the helmet striping and a 1940s era soccer ball are added.

Kits: The kits are pretty basic, with the striping from the crest going vertically down the center of the shirts.

NFC:

CHI-01.png

Crest: The Bears' crest is based off this logo, which was replaced by the wishbone C specifically to put on helmets--which don't exist here--so the bear-on-ball has stuck. The wordmark under the ball was added later.

Kits: Again, pretty basic. The Bears' classic sleeve striping is across the stomach of the shirts, with the GSH monogram above the NOB.

Holy crap! The Bears is ridonk! LOVE the stripes!

AFC:

IND-01.png

Crest: The Colts crest is simple, with the "Colts" wordmark over their classic horseshoe logo. The shape is based on the crest on the Baltimore flag, which was kept with the move to Indy. The colors alternate based on the background color, like the horseshoe logo.

Kits: The kits feature two racing stripes on the front and back of the shirt. I'm going to say this was probably a staple of the shirts back in the Baltimore days and was a happy coincidence when the team moved to the Racing Capital of the World, since the real life uniforms haven't changed since the mid-50s.

NFC:

GB-01.png

Crest: The Packers crest is based off this logo from the 60s and 70s, but with a soccer ball instead of a football and the classic interlocking GB replacing the player. I think this is one of the more unique crests in the league.

Kits: The kits, similar to the Bears, feature the team's classic five stripe pattern across the stomach and matching striped socks. Since soccer kits didn't run out of room on the stomach in the 90s, the newer pattern was never developed. I have no problems with the similarities to the Bears, since their real-life uniforms are so similar.

Oh Boy! You nailed both of these! Go grab a drink man you earned it! They honestly look amazing, two of the better ones in the series for sure, if not the two best.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

To the few of you guys that have been commenting, I want to say thank you. I appreciate that you're taking the time to give some feedback, even if it's just saying you like the concepts. To the rest of you, why don't you take a break from the half-dozen NHL threads going on right now and comment on this unique one!

AFC:

JAX-01.png

Crest: Not much to say here. The team's current alternate logo with "JAGS" replaced by the full city and nickname.

Kits: Here are the first really "Nikefied" kits of the series, with, yes, a Nike gradient. It fades to gold at the bottom of the shirt, and is taken from the 2012 Barcelona kits. The home features white numbers and teal trim, while the road features teal numbers and black trim.

NFC:

MIN-01.png

Crest: I'm not completely sold on the Vikes' crest, so suggestions are welcomed. I went with sort of a shield vibe--viking shields are round--and added the white studs. The viking head and wordmark are on the right and left parts of the shield. The black stroke reflects the logo.

Kits: Another victim of adidas' (Reebok's) terrible piped messes of the 2000s, these kits feature a very similar striping pattern to their new uniforms, with a thick white and thin yellow stripe across the chest. Personally these are one of my favorite sets in the league.

To the few of you guys that have been commenting, I want to say thank you. I appreciate that you're taking the time to give some feedback, even if it's just saying you like the concepts. To the rest of you, why don't you take a break from the half-dozen NHL threads going on right now and comment on this unique one!

AFC:

JAX-01.png

Crest: Not much to say here. The team's current alternate logo with "JAGS" replaced by the full city and nickname.

Kits: Here are the first really "Nikefied" kits of the series, with, yes, a Nike gradient. It fades to gold at the bottom of the shirt, and is taken from the 2012 Barcelona kits. The home features white numbers and teal trim, while the road features teal numbers and black trim.

NFC:

MIN-01.png

Crest: I'm not completely sold on the Vikes' crest, so suggestions are welcomed. I went with sort of a shield vibe--viking shields are round--and added the white studs. The viking head and wordmark are on the right and left parts of the shield. The black stroke reflects the logo.

Kits: Another victim of adidas' (Reebok's) terrible piped messes of the 2000s, these kits feature a very similar striping pattern to their new uniforms, with a thick white and thin yellow stripe across the chest. Personally these are one of my favorite sets in the league.

lol you're right about the NHL threads, I guess there's WAAY too many canadians on these boards. Nice job on JAX, I love how the gradient is incorporated in there. I like the Vikes, but what are the dots in the crest for?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I really hate when gradients don't continue to the shorts (i.e. the shorts here should be gold as well for Jax). I realize this is a Nike problem and not your problem, but it irks me.

The Vikings kits are really classy. Also not sold on the crest though. That Vikings wordmark is really great, but it's barely visible in your crest. Maybe try and find a way to emphasize it more.

Overall, this thread is going really well. I think one thing you've done well is introduce design elements to the front of the shirts. Soccer kits often look empty to me without shirt sponsors, but you've (mostly) addressed those problems. The couple of kits you've done that don't have anything on the front are the ones I like the least. It seems to work for the Cowboys, but not so much for the Texans or Falcons.

Keep up the great work, and always remember lots of people are checking out and appreciating your work, even if they don't always comment.

Concur with folks on the shorts continuing the gradient on the Jags.

I would rearrange the Vikings crest a bit. Put it in a ring, and put the bolts around the ring, like the edges of the kind of shield you're referring to.. Drop the text and enlarge the Viking head, and just make it the Vikings head inside the crest.. Honestly, the Viking head is so iconic and identifiable that always thought it stood well without text. This arrangement would let you play around with the purple and white in the negative spaces.

rATMcmK.png

AFC:

JAX-01.png

NFC:

MIN-01.png

lol you're right about the NHL threads, I guess there's WAAY too many canadians on these boards. Nice job on JAX, I love how the gradient is incorporated in there. I like the Vikes, but what are the dots in the crest for?

I would think it would be for a shield

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

Archived