The National (Association) Football League - SD, TB, TEN, WSH

mbannon92

I'd make the short the color of the gradient

Agreed. I think gold shorts would make the gradient work better.

LOVE the Vikings kit, as a Vikings fan.

Yeah, the more I think about the more I like that idea. Get that gradient on the shorts!

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

Ideally the Jags' gradient would be more cohesive, but then they would look good! Just like their helmet has gotten shat on, so would the abrupt stop to the gradient on these shirts.

As for the Vikings, I think I'll take Whittier's suggestion and rework the crest. As with the others in the series I plan on changing, it probably won't be soon. I've been swamped with schoolwork.

AFC:

KC-01.png

Crest: The Chiefs' crest is derived from the team's original logo, but with the interlocking KC replacing the Indian chief. The lines are also cleaned up quite a bit.

Kits: The kits follow the real life uniforms pretty closely, with striping on the cuffs and socks. I went with a collar because the Chiefs are a classy team with a classic look.

NFC:

NO-01.png

Crest: The Saints' crest is simply the team's alternate logo that they brought back after Katrina. I think it works great.

Kits: Like the Chiefs, these kits follow the real uniforms closely. Simply a contrasting collar with the fleur-de-lis on the back above the NOB. I went with black shorts because the Saints have been wearing them more the last few years, but I see them changing between black and gold quite often.

Regarding the KC crest, the state outline logo was declared the primary logo for the team's first 8 years, and the arrowhead--I would assume--was created alongside it to fit on a helmet. So here the arrowhead never existed, and I simply replaced the running chief with the KC, which in this world would have happened in 1972 when the arrowhead became the primary.

As for the Saints, while the FDL has always been the primary and helmet logo, it really isn't a crest. And the team has always had a crest-like secondary logo, whether it be this shield or the Louisiana logo, so for soccer these two are flipped. The FDL would still be used often to identify the team--it's even under the back collar on the shirt--but the official crest is the Louisiana logo.

Just went through this thread and I am very impressed. This is awesome. If you are still taking help on the Vikings crest I think that Viking ship patch they used a few years ago would work inside some sort of home plate shape crest and a ribbon across the bottom of the crest with the Phrase Skol Vikings in the current team font.

I got the template somewhere on here a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if it's still around. It might be in the svg template thread.

AFC:

MIA-01.png

Crest: The Dolphins' crest is simply their current logo. There wasn't really any way to work a wordmark in, so I left it. The sunburst has always made kind of a roundel, so it works in my mind.

Kits: The kits are very simple, like their new uniforms. Just some small trim on the sleeves.

NFC:

NYG-01.png

Crest: The Giants' crest is a continuation of this logo from the 50s, but with a soccer ball replacing the quarterback. This was the second-to-last primary logo the team had before the "ny", with the last being the quarterback/stadium combo, and it stuck over all these years, with just slight modifications over time. It's a classic looking crest for one of the classic teams in the league.

Kits: The kits follow their current uniforms pretty closely, with plain blue at home and red Northwestern stripes on the road. The "ny" logo does exist, and is on the back of the shirt above the NOB.

These two kits are very nice. The Giants set seems to work better for soccer than football, since there are a lot of differences between kits in soccer. I really like the badge for the Giants too.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I got the template somewhere on here a couple years ago, so I'm not sure if it's still around. It might be in the svg template thread.

AFC:

MIA-01.png

Crest: The Dolphins' crest is simply their current logo. There wasn't really any way to work a wordmark in, so I left it. The sunburst has always made kind of a roundel, so it works in my mind.

Kits: The kits are very simple, like their new uniforms. Just some small trim on the sleeves.

NFC:

NYG-01.png

Crest: The Giants' crest is a continuation of this logo from the 50s, but with a soccer ball replacing the quarterback. This was the second-to-last primary logo the team had before the "ny", with the last being the quarterback/stadium combo, and it stuck over all these years, with just slight modifications over time. It's a classic looking crest for one of the classic teams in the league.

Kits: The kits follow their current uniforms pretty closely, with plain blue at home and red Northwestern stripes on the road. The "ny" logo does exist, and is on the back of the shirt above the NOB.

Can you upload or share the template again? The links in svg templates tread are down. Many thanx.

whereicomefrom.png

I'd really love to see you so some "Throwback" crests, like maybe a Pat the Patriot kicking, a Miami Dolphin balancing a ball on his head, and maybe the Houston Oilers.

Well, Thanksgiving Day games are known for featuring throwbacks *hint hint*

But for now, on to the next pair of teams.

AFC:

NE-01.png

Crest: The Patriots crest was updated in 1993. Out was Pat the Kicking Patriot and in was Flying Elvis. The shape of the crest was modified to match the Massachusetts state seal, and a "Patriots" script was created and placed at the top of the crest, above Elvis and the founding year. In 2000 the shade of blue was darkened.

Kits: These kits were developed with the color change in 2000. The sublimated horizontal stripes became horizontal, red piped stripes, all blue at home and blue and white on the road. Collars accompanied this classier look. After adidas went crazy with additional piping under their league-wide contract, Nike simplified the look some.

NFC:

PHI-01.png

Crest: The Eagles' crest has remained relatively the same over the years. The shape of the crest comes from the Seal of Philadelphia. It features the current "Eagles" script over a soccer ball. In some applications, such as on the front of the shirt, it includes eagle wings on each side, while other times just the shield is used.

Kits: The Eagles kits, like their current uniforms, are very simple. Midnight green or white with black trim and black socks. The crest is centered on the shirt to make room for the wings on the crest.

Wow, MBannon. This series... is... awesome. How has this series been going on in the thread I've been watching the most the last six months and I never noticed it. Your work is incredible, and it is really hard to find fault anywhere. There's just a few small points that are sticking in my craw.

1. Cincy looks beautiful in a vacuum, but I think that instead using the stripes in a striped pattern over a long length (like down the sides or the shoulders) would look more... tigery.

2. The Browns unbroken stripe down the center of the jersey looks odd to me. Maybe it's just because I'm not too used to soccer sensibilities, but given its thin-ness it just looks awkward. Like it's the zipper on a jacket version of those tuxedo t-shirts. Perhaps it would be better served down the shoulders, leaving the chest simple and clean like the Browns' football jersey.

3. The Giants crest is suitably classic-looking, but the ball kinda looks almost exactly like Spaceship Earth, especially small scale. The point of the NFL version of the logo was to show off a Giant. How about a giant soccer player over the city? If trying to show him with the ball at his feet is too tough with the city around him he can always be a goalie. Although this could all be moot since it seems the NY logo on the helmet coincides with the NY as a primary, excluding it from your disregarding of logos that existed just for the helmet. Either way, I'd prefer a giant soccer player logo over the NY anyway.

Besides that, it's perfect. I actually support your use of contrasting pants to the Jags' gradient. It fits the current disjointed application of the gradient in our universe.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived