NFL monochrome uniforms

oldschoolvikings

For me , there are two keys to a good looking monochrome uniform:

1. Striping- If the helmet and/or jersey have stripes on them, there is no reason that the pants shouldn't have stripes. For the Browns, there should definitely be striping on the pants. That is one reason why the Texans have a good monochrome look when they use it. Stripes.

2. Socks- This goes for all uniforms, but especially monochrome. The pants and socks should never be the same color. Ever. Period. The stripes rule also applies here. If there is a striping pattern used throughout the uniform that would work with the socks, it should be used.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dislike them all but to be fully monochrome I think the helmet needs to be in line also. Just my opinion.

I agree....otherwise it is semi-monochrome.

I dislike them all but to be fully monochrome I think the helmet needs to be in line also. Just my opinion.

"we" have our own lexicon in the uni-verse. Not everything is literal.

Monochrome, on this site, has always meant non-white pants and jersey being the same color. Like Vet said... it's not literal.

The truth is monochrome uniforms look at least a little better when the helmet contrasts. You know, just bad instead of horrible.

Well, I think the matte look makes the Titans (and everybody else) look worse, and the patented sweat panels also make their jerseys look worse.

Anyway, no, the Titans are one of the worst monochrome looks. You can't wear a white helmet without white pants. I looks so out of place, so generic. It's also awful because the uniform is so bottom-heavy. It's just a bad, unbalanced look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Tennessee+Titans+v+Houston+Texans+KgYvNi

Best monochrome look in the NFL, especially with Nike's new matte finish.

Agreed. Not enough people appreciate that Titans combo.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Because the white helmet looks out of place with columbia on top of Columbia and navy socks. White socks may make it salvageable, but as is, it looks off, like their regular homes with the navy pants. It looks like they just grabbed a random white helmet and threw it on with an all columbia/navy identity.

The shoulder numbers should really be white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't like monochrome, but have to admit the Seahawks wouldn't look right to me without the all blue at home. I believe they were the first to do a non all white monochrome and thus it's become their signature look.

121213124025-russell-wilson-single-image

I may be wrong, but I think the Broncos were the first to do it when they redesigned theirs.

I don't like monochrome, but have to admit the Seahawks wouldn't look right to me without the all blue at home. I believe they were the first to do a non all white monochrome and thus it's become their signature look.

I may be wrong, but I think the Broncos were the first to do it when the redesigned theirs.

They only wore them in the preseason in 1997, then they weren't seen again until a Monday night matchup against the Raiders in 2003.

I may be wrong, but I think the Broncos were the first to do it when the redesigned theirs.

They only wore them in the preseason in 1997, then they weren't seen again until a Monday night matchup against the Raiders in 2003.

i think the packers were the first some time during the 50's

Archived