infrared41's Best and Worst of the Week - Week Two

infrared41

Another week, another round of making heads explode. This week we'll lead off with the worst.

Worst: Last week we had one of the worst uniforms in the NFL find it's way onto the best list. This week, we have one of the best looks in the league finding it's way onto the worst list. Fortunately, we only have one true eyesore to endure this week.

1. Dallas - Kansas City: This one is all Chiefs. Going red monochrome ruined one of the best looks in the NFL. If the Chiefs had just worn their white pants, it would have been enough to overcome all the issues the Cowboys have and ended up on the best list. Instead, we were subjected to this...

Cowboys_Chiefs_Football_138079_game.jpg

Best: Not the greatest week, but there were still some fine looking games.

1. Washington - Green Bay: The Redskins have the worst name in sports. They also have one of the best looks in the league - as long as they're wearing the gold pants. A sleeve stripe fix away from perfect. The Packers are perfect. This is pretty close to what every NFL game should look like.

Packers2-1.jpg

2. New Orleans - Tampa: The Saints did us a favor and left the black pants at home this week. The Bucs are the rarest of rare in the uniform community - every possible combination of their uniforms looks great. They never look bad.

Saints_Buccaneers_Football_138357_game.j

3. Carolina - Buffalo: The Chargers powder blues are the consensus pick as the best of the throwback looks - and it's certainly a fine choice. In my book, the best throwback uniform in all the NFL belongs to the Buffalo Bills. The Chargers powder blues are #1b. The Panthers have one of my favorite "modern" looks.

Panthers_Bills_Football_138066_game.jpg

4. New York Jets - New England: A lot of people think the Patriots uniforms have some serious issues - I'm not one of those people. The Pats have a really solid look. They're a fine example of a good "modern" uniform. The Jets all-white road uniform is one of the best looks in the NFL.

APTOPIX_Jets_Patriots_Football_137893_ga

5. Browns - Ravens: Baltimore's look hasn't really changed since I started doing this bit every week but thanks to Seattle, Miami, Jacksonville, etc., the Ravens look a little bit better every season. As I said last week, as long as they stick to the basics, the Ravens have a decent look. Now if the Browns could just manage to play even half as good as they look...

Browns_Ravens_Football_138174_game.jpg

That's it for this week. Be sure to tune in next week for another exciting (or infuriating) episode.

BB52Big.jpg

Washington football team should have worn their burgundy pants to contrast the packers yellow. Their white pants should be burned.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hate that KC has a red and black helmet and a red and yellow uniform.
You're 100% right about the Bucs....except that their white on white is awful.
I'm not a fan at all of the wide pants stripe(Saints), it doesn't work in any application, for me.

And the Pats shoulder stripes ruin everything.

SigReflect.png

Have the 'Skins ever broken out the yellow-helmet throwbacks?

Can't remember the year, but I know they wore them at least once a few seasons back because they made my best list that week.

You're 100% right about the Bucs....except that their white on white is awful.

Wouldn't that make me only 75% right?

BB52Big.jpg

Chiefs uni's looked good.

Skins should have worn white or burgandy pants to contrast with the Pack's yellow pants. Too much yellow out there.

TB's should have worn white pants, their Pewter ones are garbage. Saints pants suck too because of the 39 inch wide black stripe on them.

Bills/Panthers, both good looks.

Pats have some of the worst uni's in the NFL. I'm shocked their owner has not gone back permanently to the red/white throwback ones. Jets are nice uni's.

Ravens are ok. Browns are awful.

That's all I got. LOL

Can't remember the year, but I know they wore them at least once a few seasons back because they made my best list that week.

That was 2007, according to The Helmet Project.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Chiefs uni's looked good.

Skins should have worn white or burgandy pants to contrast with the Pack's yellow pants. Too much yellow out there.

TB's should have worn white pants, their Pewter ones are garbage. Saints pants suck too because of the 39 inch wide black stripe on them.

Bills/Panthers, both good looks.

Pats have some of the worst uni's in the NFL. I'm shocked their owner has not gone back permanently to the red/white throwback ones. Jets are nice uni's.

Ravens are ok. Browns are awful.

That's all I got. LOL

You actually laughed out loud at that?

BB52Big.jpg

Washington needs an overhaul or streamlining to bring all the disparate elements of their uniform together.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm going to agree with some others on here about the Redskins. I like the gold pants, but not as much as I used to. In a classic example of "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone" I wish the Redskins would at least occasionally wear white jerseys with burgundy pants and white socks (the white socks part is critical)

redskins-clinton-portis.jpg

If the Skins are going to keep up wearing the gold pants, I agree with others that some tweaks may need to be made. The striped socks they currently wear hark back to the 60's and 70's era of the Redskins, so why not do the same for the jerseys? My only gripe is, that particular sleeve striping isn't very original. But with the Browns changing their uni's next year or so, who knows?

t_39971_medium.jpg

90758391980.gif

My Top 4 (best and the worst)

1. Redskins-Packers (definitely the best look of them all).

2. Saints-Buccaneers (Finally they got it right. No black leotard looks, and no lame all-white. (dance)(dance)(dance) )

3. Browns-Ravens (Another terrific look).

4. Jets-Patriots. (Two great and underrated uniforms).

And now my bottom 4.

1. Cowboys-Chiefs (Chiefs has a classic look, why ruin it by wearing all red. And you know how I feel about the Cowboys "road" white look).

2. Texans-Titans. (I pray to god that the Titans will never wear those all light blue unis ever again. Texans all-white wasn't any better).

3. Jaguars-Raiders (It's just you Jaguars, Raiders you look fine).

4. Vikings-Bears (Vikes look good with the purple pants, but the Bears so called "throwbacks" are just an eyesore)

You are correct, sirt. Thank you, interwebs.

l63850-1.jpg

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

You are correct, sirt. Thank you, interwebs.

l63850-1.jpg

2007, eh? I'm not sure if I was doing this bit back then. Anyway, I know used pictures from that game for something around here. In any case, that game definitely would have made the best list.

BB52Big.jpg

Is it me, or do the Packers and Redskins use two different shades of gold? When I was watching the game, it seemed like the Redskins gold was more vibrant and... well, gold-ish... while the Packers gold looked more like Michigan maize.

<paging CWx>

Is it me, or do the Packers and Redskins use two different shades of gold? When I was watching the game, it seemed like the Redskins gold was more vibrant and... well, gold-ish... while the Packers gold looked more like Michigan maize.

<paging CWx>

It sure looks that way in the picture I used here.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived