Bison/Buffalo Logo Concept

GMS1122

Hey all, another little something I decided to play with recently....I'm looking for a little constructive criticism on this one. I'm struggling mightily with the line between realistic and stylized.

Ideally, I'd like to convey a bit more aggression without losing much of the bulky nature of it. Like I said, criticism is welcome.

Thanks guys

BisonConcept1.jpg

Not only is this a real good rendering of a bison, but the action on the beast is excellent.

You've really caught it "mid-stride".

A bit more aggression could be attained by moving that rear driver's side foot a little further back...as if he's really givin'er!

On my screen the brown and black seem really close in colour, and a bit hard to distinguish. I also don't like just the one instance of white in the horn.

To make it a bit more aggressive you could try moving the head down a bit (along with Sparky's foot suggestion) to make it look like the bison is charging someone. Right now it looks a bit like its prancing and not charging.

Great job so far though.

Thanks for the remarks.

Sparky - I extended the front rear leg and also changed the hoof angle a bit to help "ground" him so he didnt look so prancy

nas - made some adjustments to the head per your suggestion, i think it helps, as for the color, I provided a second option that offers a bit more contrast. You could look into calibrating your monitor if you think it's off, I didn't use any black within the logo, however the shade of brown is pretty dark.

Stl Cards - I addressed the neck area by adding an additional tuft of hair from his jaw to chest.

I also added a simple wordmark example, which i admittedly did on cruise control. I'm willing to listen to better city/nickname options to try out with a bit more effort.

BisonRev1.jpg

I like it. I would try to make the head and body flow together a bit better. Currently it looks like you started with a great head logo and then added a great body render. I would also try moving the far back leg into a position more similar to the close back leg. It will give the logo more of a leaping feeling, similar to the Buffalo Bills logo.

...can we see it in Buffalo Bills colors?

Here's the latest set of updates. The lower 2 versions differ slightly in the positioning of the head. It's really transformed from a "running" buffalo to a "leaping" one, which is fine, but i havent decided which I prefer just yet.

Also Bills colors, as requested. Once I settle on the logo, I'll probably flesh out some secondary marks and uniforms.

BuffaloRev2.jpg

Amazing work! I will say that I think the latest change to the rear hooves is a downgrade. I think having one hoof "grounded" and the other in mid-stride really conveyed motion exteremely well. Having both grounded doesn't work as well for me.

That just might be the best buffalo/bison logo I have ever seen.

Actually it is.

It's not too goofy and it's not anthropomorhized.

It does what it does, and says Bison...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I absolutely love these logos! Considering bison are my favorite animal, I like nearly every logo with a bison.

Except the Buffaslug right? :P

All these logos look fantastic, I particularly like the Red and Blue versions. They're detailed without going over the top.

Archived