LSU gets a new logo... but I haven't seen it talked about...

Straight Cash Homie

that might just be a generic tiger head for the court, The only new logo they've trademarked recently that I've seen is this:

AR-130809905.jpg?q=100&maxw=300

""The design of this logo and the court was a collaboration of our staff, coaches and our administration," LSU Senior Associate Athletic Director Eddie Nunez said in a statement. "Our goal from the beginning was to give the court a reenergized look and to showcase the LSU brand with the new Tiger head logo."

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/08/lsus_basketball_court_gets_an.html

It's more polished than that logo.

It was mentioned previously in one of the 2 college basketball threads. But until we get a better look at it, we don't know fully what it looks like.

It's probably done by Torch Creative... they have the new LeCostiger on their dribbble page, as well as this unused beauty:

lsu_concept.jpg

The article on LSUSports.net that accompanied the picture notes that the tiger head at mid-court was created internally.

gYH2mW9.png

I tweeted @LSUSports last night to get more info on the new-ish logo and here's the conversation:

@kpetitjr "@LSUsports Is this is a completely new logo at mid-court. If so, when will we get a better look at it? pic.twitter.com/4yYcSom0uT"

@LSUsports "@kpetitjr Logo on @LSUBasketball court is an adaptation of the @LSUfball helmet logo. Will appear in many places, incl. hoops uniforms."

gYH2mW9.png

I tweeted @LSUSports last night to get more info on the new-ish logo and here's the conversation:

@kpetitjr "@LSUsports Is this is a completely new logo at mid-court. If so, when will we get a better look at it? pic.twitter.com/4yYcSom0uT"

@LSUsports "@kpetitjr Logo on @LSUBasketball court is an adaptation of the @LSUfball helmet logo. Will appear in many places, incl. hoops uniforms."

Yeah, I've seen it on the new LSU basketball uniforms. But it is too small to actually see anything. Have a look... it's on the shorts:

6E5BB556-18BB-4E73-A758-FF1B8776BC65-357

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is old news, but saw something that looked like a new logo on the Capital One mascot page that also shows in a small banner on the LSU Sports site. Does this look new to anyone else? http://capitalonebowl.com/#/standings/mike-the-tiger (see upper left)

Also incorporates the field logo from the last post.

You're referring to the Tiger Eye logo with the "LSU" wordmark below?

Here is the new LSU Tiger Head logo. Nothing official from LSU, though, but it matches the new logo on the court. They touched up the helmet logo and made the logo symmetrical.

NewTigerHead_zps436bac77.png

If that isn't it, it looks pretty close. Good find. Where did it come from?

gYH2mW9.png

Archived