Letter-modified Pro logos

nash61

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing this back from the dead with the Valley of the Sun Hockey Association in Arizona.

VOSHA.png

And some gems from Ontario:

The Wasaga Stars (old)

Wasaga_Beach_Stars.png

Wasaga Stars (new)

logo.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

Dells Ducks, Minnesota Junior Hockey League

logo.png

Kings Park Commack Kingsmen, US High-School Hockey

Kings_Park_Commack.gif

Penetanguishene_Minor_Hockey_Association

Nelson Flames

47f4acef308d6f5c819b25c6b5583556_400x400

logo.png?version=2014.11.04.16.00.00

Shelburne Flames

scmha%20S.jpg

HC Fribourg-Gottéron

HC_Fribourg.png

PMH.jpg

quinte_logo.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So far in the Flames' alphabet, we have:

A B C G N P Q S V

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I've noticed that too! There's a lot of that sort of late '60s/'70s futurism that aged so poorly, combined with what David Foster Wallace once called "crumbling splendor." It's hard to pin down exactly what I mean by that, but it's there, and the Expos represented it well.

I guess that hideous Stade Olympique would be a good first example, but there's more.

That span from Expo 67 to the 1976 Olympics was a big time for Montreal -- both of those are huge, city-altering events that happened to occur in a very distinctive time period whose aesthetic hasn't aged well. But that's where the baseball team came from, as well as tons and tons of buildings, the Metro, etc. It's pretty interesting.

The Quebec separatist movement also gained steam shortly after that, which caused a lot of Montreal's business and civic institutions to pull out of Montreal; and ultimately allowed Toronto to overtake Montreal as Canada's cultural capital. That's how the Bank of Montreal (BMO) came to be headquartered in Toronto.

Haven't seen the Vero Beach Devil Rays yet:

75i6jjo3uuqlx40st2j5tfa5r.gif

Heading over to Japan you have the Chunichi Dragons script:

apdzfiy7jizh8hje31rw.gif

Between Japan and Korea you have these two teams. Who share the same corporate ownership:

ola7ebaofr188s2wlhfz.gifhzf3glklqv4bvyqno2yq.gif

I believe this American Association team is in the Phillies' script:

4935_pensacola__pelicans_-primary-2006.p

And this could be a stretch, but would you say the current flames logo is a letter modified version of the ORIGINAL Flames logo?

4gfym21lgjgu2le5fiwxpfv8j.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Kings+Logo.jpg

8.gif

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not sure whether I posted these earlier or not...anyway, given we have the alphabet as taught by the Flames, here I go with some Habs and Hab-nots.

Toronto Jr. Canadiens

Barron_travis.jpg

Welland Jr. Canadians

1297472247603_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Kingston Voyageurs

voyageurs-002.jpg?w=584&h=389

the old Kingston Canadians...complete with Cooperalls

kingston_canadiens_1985-86_front.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And this could be a stretch, but would you say the current flames logo is a letter modified version of the ORIGINAL Flames logo?

4gfym21lgjgu2le5fiwxpfv8j.png

There are probably subtle differences, but it's less of "modification" and more of "the exact same thing" :D

Also El Camino College uses something familiar for their football team, even if they're called the Warriors.

football%20logo.jpg

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Not sure whether I posted these earlier or not...anyway, given we have the alphabet as taught by the Flames, here I go with some Habs and Hab-nots.

Toronto Jr. Canadiens

Barron_travis.jpg

Welland Jr. Canadians

1297472247603_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Kingston Voyageurs

voyageurs-002.jpg?w=584&h=389

the old Kingston Canadians...complete with Cooperalls

kingston_canadiens_1985-86_front.jpg

The Canadiens in black just don't look right.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

smh_new_logo.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Before they became the Flying Tigers, Detroit's Lakeland, Florida affiliate.

zv3Xv9c.jpg

That reminds me - the Connecticut Tigers.

IMG_0021.JPG

Was supposed to be a temporary identity for a relocated team, but the fans loved it so much it quickly permanent.

5701.gif

go7ghc12rz0k73m27we0eyyvl.gif

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

ottawasouthend_%5Bart%5D.jpg

photo_691299_resize_article.jpg

CAPITALS%20LOGO5.jpg

VirdenOilKings_small.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Before they became the Flying Tigers, Detroit's Lakeland, Florida affiliate.

zv3Xv9c.jpg

That reminds me - the Connecticut Tigers.

IMG_0021.JPG

Was supposed to be a temporary identity for a relocated team, but the fans loved it so much it quickly permanent.

go7ghc12rz0k73m27we0eyyvl.gif

I love that, but every time I see the cap logo it's more and more obvious that the "C" is upside down.

The Canadiens in black just don't look right.

Yeh, reminded me of that black Lakers uniform...after I got a good look, it struck me as basically that: a black version of the white jersey, with a few tweaks.

That Southpoint one, it's more of an Oshawa Generals ripoff, only thing in common with the Caps is the name and colors.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived