Wrigley Field 100 Years logo finalists

CS85

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it 100 years or 100 seasons. If my math is right, both are not the same.

BTW, I like 3 the best

I know that the years/seasons thing is off in alot of sports, but can it be for baseball? I mean each season there is no carry over to the next year. The season starts in 1914 and it ends in 1914, so wouldn't that match up? I have zero clue I'm just thinking here.
100 seasons would be the actual total of seasons played, counted one-by-one beginning with 1. 100 years would simply be the anniversary, 100 years since it opened. The 1st year anniversary would've happened one year after it opened and so forth.

This is to commemorate the anniversary or 100 years of Wrigley. Which would make #2 incorrectly designed.

Is it 100 years or 100 seasons. If my math is right, both are not the same.

BTW, I like 3 the best

I know that the years/seasons thing is off in alot of sports, but can it be for baseball? I mean each season there is no carry over to the next year. The season starts in 1914 and it ends in 1914, so wouldn't that match up? I have zero clue I'm just thinking here.
100 seasons would be the actual total of seasons played, counted one-by-one beginning with 1. 100 years would simply be the anniversary, 100 years since it opened. The 1st year anniversary would've happened one year after it opened and so forth.

This is to commemorate the anniversary or 100 years of Wrigley. Which would make #2 incorrectly designed.

Which was my point and why I asked because #2 would be wrong

Go A's!

Things like the sign, the scoreboard, the ivy, and "The Friendly Confines" offered a chance to create a simple, instantly recognizable tribute to the stadium. None of the finalists does that. Even just a couple of ivy leaves with '100 Seasons' written in the typeface of the sign would have been more meaningful than these.

Of the finalists posted, #3 is the only one I like at all. My problem with most of the submissions on the MLB site is that they prominently feature the Cubs logo - it's the 100th year of the stadium, not of the the Cubs playing in Wrigley (that will be 2016). It was built for Chicago's Federal League team (and is the last surviving park from that league) and home to the Bears for a lot of years too - there really should be a whale and a wishbone 'C' joining the Cubs logo. That won't / can't happen, but probably should have.

• 2 weeks later...

BVvcAcACIAApb04.jpg

Ballparks @MLBcathedrals 8m

The @cubs will use this logo to celebrate 100 years of Wrigley next year, but the Cubs didn't build Wrigley..@MLBcathedrals 8m

The Chi. Whales of the short lived Federal League did. The @cubs didn't move in until 1916. The Whales logo:(below) With the help of @AsFanByDesign we added a subtle Whales tribute. See if you can spot the change. We like the Wrigley 100 logo. This small change would honor the parks roots without hindering it. If you agree, let @cubs know. TY!

BVvb8tpCMAAoQnF.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Archived