Pictures of Fake Jerseys that are "Almost" Real (and other jersey topics for articles I write)

rmackman

I posted a new article in Bacon Sports about "Jersey Rules" i.e. 10 things you should not do with your jersey:

http://www.baconsports.com/10-rules-wearing-jersey/

I'll disagree with just one. To me,there's nothing Wrong with getting a jersey personalized.... and I'll give you my example.

I love the number 19. I'm a Broncos fan and I wasn't really a fan of Eddie Royal (I mean come on, He's a CHARGER now) So recently I bought an authentic online of his JUST to have the 19. Nobody wears that number (or at least anyone's Jersey I would want, if anyone has it at all.) You can't wear a nameless NFL jersey without looking like u grabbed a gamer by freak occurrence, so I took his name off and put on my own. Problem solved (and I've added another 19 Jersey to my collection.)

Thoughts?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted a new article in Bacon Sports about "Jersey Rules" i.e. 10 things you should not do with your jersey:

I'll disagree with just one. To me,there's nothing Wrong with getting a jersey personalized.... and I'll give you my example.

I love the number 19. I'm a Broncos fan and I wasn't really a fan of Eddie Royal (I mean come on, He's a CHARGER now) So recently I bought an authentic online of his JUST to have the 19. Nobody wears that number (or at least anyone's Jersey I would want, if anyone has it at all.) You can't wear a nameless NFL jersey without looking like u grabbed a gamer by freak occurrence, so I took his name off and put on my own. Problem solved (and I've added another 19 Jersey to my collection.)

Thoughts?

If you feel comfortable with it, then that's fine. However, most people looking at it from afar are thinking, "Seriously!?" Most people have a valid reason to justify everything they do. I have a personalized jersey that sits in my closet, and rarely gets brought out. Fact is, it still just looks a bit silly. It's kind of like going to a really nice restaurant, but wearing a t-shirt, flip flops, and a hat. Are they going to kick you out? Probably not because that's your choice, but you'd look a bit silly.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Thoughts?

If you feel comfortable with it, then that's fine. However, most people looking at it from afar are thinking, "Seriously!?" Most people have a valid reason to justify everything they do. I have a personalized jersey that sits in my closet, and rarely gets brought out. Fact is, it still just looks a bit silly. It's kind of like going to a really nice restaurant, but wearing a t-shirt, flip flops, and a hat. Are they going to kick you out? Probably not because that's your choice, but you'd look a bit silly.

i would get a personalized jersey just because right now i have a welker pats jersey, a tyler seguin bruins jersey, and kg celtics jerseys that i like having because they are both authentics but don't like wearing because i have a feeling people will talk about then not being on the team anymore, I'd get personalized jerseys in the future to not have to deal with this problem.

Thoughts?

i would get a personalized jersey just because right now i have a welker pats jersey, a tyler seguin bruins jersey, and kg celtics jerseys that i like having because they are both authentics but don't like wearing because i have a feeling people will talk about then not being on the team anymore, I'd get personalized jerseys in the future to not have to deal with this problem.

I get that train of thought, however, I'm more of the idea that wearing players jerseys (assuming they were stars) after they're gone is okay. Kevin Garnett could end up as a hall of famer. Welker is a stud. The Seguin jersey is the only one I'd consider ditching because he was only a Bruin for a few seasons. When Garnett and Welker retire, they'll likely be remembered for their times in Boston. When I go to Dolphins games, I still wear my Dan Marino jersey. No reason to go get a Tannehill or a Cameron Wake jersey when you have a bona fide franchise name already on your back.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Thoughts?

I get that train of thought, however, I'm more of the idea that wearing players jerseys (assuming they were stars) after they're gone is okay. Kevin Garnett could end up as a hall of famer. Welker is a stud. The Seguin jersey is the only one I'd consider ditching because he was only a Bruin for a few seasons. When Garnett and Welker retire, they'll likely be remembered for their times in Boston. When I go to Dolphins games, I still wear my Dan Marino jersey. No reason to go get a Tannehill or a Cameron Wake jersey when you have a bona fide franchise name already on your back.

well the sequin jersey was a stanley cup champions jersey, and got it right after when i thought he would be a star we would build around, so i like it for that reason, and welker and garnett are both viewed as traitors around here now, so maybe in a couple of years they will be ok to wear again.

Thoughts?

well the sequin jersey was a stanley cup champions jersey, and got it right after when i thought he would be a star we would build around, so i like it for that reason, and welker and garnett are both viewed as traitors around here now, so maybe in a couple of years they will be ok to wear again.

Time heals all wounds. Eventually you'll even see Brett Favre Packers jerseys out in full force again.

spacer.png

I don't get all the fuss about wearing a customized jersey. Doing so confirms your identity with the team you love, invoking something special with the team you adore. It isn't in any way "dorky" or "weird." It is meant as a sign of enhancing loyalty to the team. While others around you probably have the jersey of the current superstar, (unless you are wealthy enough to splurge on the latest jersey sets) you have that one jersey with your name to cheer and root for your team as if you're one of the players, and that feels special.

I will say that cheap knockoffs and replicas (especially cheaply-made heat pressed names) are laughable in effort if one wants to put his name on it.

I don't get all the fuss about wearing a customized jersey. Doing so confirms your identity with the team you love, invoking something special with the team you adore. It isn't in any way "dorky" or "weird." It is meant as a sign of enhancing loyalty to the team. While others around you probably have the jersey of the current superstar, (unless you are wealthy enough to splurge on the latest jersey sets) you have that one jersey with your name to cheer and root for your team as if you're one of the players, and that feels special.

I will say that cheap knockoffs and replicas (especially cheaply-made heat pressed names) are laughable in effort if one wants to put his name on it.

Having a personalized jersey is similar to wearing a full star wars storm trooper outfit to see the movie in theatres. Sorry, it's just what 2/3 of the public sees it as. The point of the article was to show you how to rock a jersey while still looking fashionable. You're totally welcome to go against the grain, but you can't expect the majority to agree with personalized jerseys being "cool."

spacer.png

Having a personalized jersey is similar to wearing a full star wars storm trooper outfit to see the movie in theatres. Sorry, it's just what 2/3 of the public sees it as.

you seem to be the only person who sees it that way, everyone else is saying the opposite

No, it's like pretending you're on the team. It's cool for little kids, but for adults it's kinda sad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I prefer men with personalized jerseys. To me, it means you support your team AND you don't want to be another man. Odd wearing another man's jersey. Wearing a jersey has no age limit in 2013 and beyond. Too many fashion jerseys out there now to take that old conservative claim. If a man is confident, he can wear anything and look extremely attractive.

I prefer men with personalized jerseys. To me, it means you support your team AND you don't want to be another man. Odd wearing another man's jersey. Wearing a jersey has no age limit in 2013 and beyond. Too many fashion jerseys out there now to take that old conservative claim. If a man is confident, he can wear anything and look extremely attractive.

That's awesome that you think that. You're the first woman I've EVER heard say that, but I definitely think it's cool you think that way. Again, I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

spacer.png

I'm with CrazyAnna. Being in my 30s, I have gotten to an age where I feel a bit self conscious about putting the name of some 24 year old kid on my back.

If pretending you're on the team by putting your name on the back is bad, then IMO pretending you're Wes Welker or Sidney Crosby or whoever by putting their name on your back is worse.

I'm with CrazyAnna. Being in my 30s, I have gotten to an age where I feel a bit self conscious about putting the name of some 24 year old kid on my back.

If pretending you're on the team by putting your name on the back is bad, then IMO pretending you're Wes Welker or Sidney Crosby or whoever by putting their name on your back is worse.

You bring up very good points.

That's awesome that you think that. You're the first woman I've EVER heard say that, but I definitely think it's cool you think that way. Again, I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

We talk about that a lot, so trust me, I'm not the only woman that feels that way.

You bring up very good points.

We talk about that a lot, so trust me, I'm not the only woman that feels that way.

I do not like jerseys with players names on the back personally! In this day and age of free agency and minimal loyalty by players and teams to each other, its a waste of my money. I like cfl jerseys because they rarely come with a name or number.

In my personal collection i only have one jersey that has a name and number on it, a mark messier oilers jersey. a team legend is usually a safe bet if you are going to pick a numbered jersey

Thoughts?

I got a Peverley Cup Champs Jersey as well. He's my favorite player in the league, so I have No problem wearing any of the 4 of his jerseys I have at any given time. SC Stingrays, Preds, Thrashers & Bruins. I don't like the Stars so I won't be getting that one.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Thoughts?

I got a Peverley Cup Champs Jersey as well. He's my favorite player in the league, so I have No problem wearing any of the 4 of his jerseys I have at any given time. SC Stingrays, Preds, Thrashers & Bruins. I don't like the Stars so I won't be getting that one.

I'm in favor of a Rich Peverley jersey A - Because it's a relatively random jersey, and B - Because I was part of the front office group in Atlanta that brought him over from Nashville. Please send a Tweet with the jersey to @BaconSports with the hashtag #randomjersey. They'll love it!

spacer.png

Archived