Ole Miss Rebels

I hate Ole Miss' cheap 2013 uniforms. The wordmark on the side of the blue pants. The plain white pants. The terrible idea of using two different road jerseys that use single colors. Ole Miss has flirted with a perfect uniform, and possibly the best look in college football, and I wanted to get them back on track with this concept. The helmet stays the same--a glossy shell, with a red single stripe and the classic script logo. I changed the facemask to grey to fit in with the rest of the uniform, hopefully making the uniform look more complete. The jerseys no longer have the script on the chest, but rather the 'M' on the collar. The sleeve stripes have been altered to be more consistent throughout, and the pants stripe has returned to the old double-cake-layered style. Subtle red trim is also introduced to the numbers. Another minor detail is the addition of helmet numbers on the front and back, ala the New York Giants. The Mississippi state-outline logo has been moved up, and the American flag moved over, to make room for the number stickers. White pants and blue pants exist, but are in the same style as the grey, as to not look so cheap.

OleMissOne_zps506ad744.png

OleMissTwo_zpsd048f282.png

This is what they need to go back to! Only thing is to see what a red alternate helmet would do for the Rebels.

I really hate alternate helmets right now. Helmets are so much of a team's identity in my book. I thought about an alternate here, but felt it would be deconstructive.

Not that I don't like this set, but I would recommend you take it all the way back with the Rebels and have the red jersey be the primary. Also, red numbers with the blue trim on the road whites and invert the shoulder stripes to red/blue/red. When I think of the past great Rebel teams and players I always remember them in red (or white w/red numbers) with gray pants, so it might be best to return to that look, only modernized.

No to the numerals on the front of the helmet. let Ole Miss be Ole Miss and eschew all references to the NY Giants. Also, to have a single numeral in the middle of the helmet stripe on the front while it flanks the stripe in the back is an oddity that does not work.

FsQiF2W.png

Not a fan of the gray jersey.

I have nothing against your execution - actually the jersey itself looks great - but it's not giving me an Ole Miss vibe.

The Rebs need to stick to a navy shirt, a red shirt and a white shirt on the road. Gray pants and occasionally alternate with blue pants. IMO, a NY Giants look works best for Ole Miss.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Big improvement. I don't know why Ole Miss (and other teams) have so much separation of colors. One day they are red and the next day they are blue. They should always be red and blue.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived