Milwaukee Bucks New Court Unveiling Live

Elwood

So the Bucks do still have fans left...I really was curious about that.

That's a heckuva nice court redux--though I never realized until now that the design was two sublimated Ms turned head-to-head (so the old Mecca floor was really ahead of its time, then?)

Up next: a redux to that branding package. I don't know that the red should go, but they SHOULD, in some way or another, find some kind way to incorporate that Irish rainbow back into it. (It'd also help if they could actually build a bonafide contending squad up there--but that's another discussion for another thread in another forum in another part of these boards.)

Nice job there, Bucks.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed - the best thing about this court is that they knew when to stop.

That's a heckuva nice court redux--though I never realized until now that the design was two sublimated Ms turned head-to-head (so the old Mecca floor was really ahead of its time, then?)

Up next: a redux to that branding package. I don't know that the red should go, but they SHOULD, in some way or another, find some kind way to incorporate that Irish rainbow back into it. (It'd also help if they could actually build a bonafide contending squad up there--but that's another discussion for another thread in another forum in another part of these boards.)

Nice job there, Bucks.

They tried the whole thing before:

fswisconsinmoncrief_fullsize_story1.jpg

Worked so much better when they went to all-green.

Agreed - the best thing about this court is that they knew when to stop.

Nice job there, Bucks.

I still think something like this could work if they minimized the red more. Maybe just use red for the trim and piping and use white numbers and lettering outlined in lime green. I'm not a fan of red myself so I'd like to see it minimized as much as possible or eliminated all together.

I think the floor has more fans than the Bucks... that's the only reason I was paying attention.

I still think something like this could work if they minimized the red more. Maybe just use red for the trim and piping and use white numbers and lettering outlined in lime green. I'm not a fan of red myself so I'd like to see it minimized as much as possible or eliminated all together.

So... something like this?

bucks_rainbow_new.png

Although, for the record, I also prefer the all-green version.

I think the floor has more fans than the Bucks... that's the only reason I was paying attention.

So... something like this?

bucks_rainbow_new.png

Although, for the record, I also prefer the all-green version.

Yup...I think that looks great, although I'd like to see the green rainbow extend all the way down the sides of the jersey and shorts. Making the bars thicker could make that look good. Maybe even a new wordmark as well. While I don't hate the current wordmark, if they can create something that looks good without using a bevel I'd be all for it. Not sure what they would do for an alternate with a set like this either. I don't think it would look good in red.

I guess since the cat is out of the bag now, I can talk. I've been sworn to secrecy on the whole thing for about 2 months now. The court looks amazing in person, yes it is in the building. It's much more difficult off the bat to put together and take apart, but with practice and muscle memory it will get easier. I can't wait to see how it is going to look on TV. The whole fact it's simple it's beautiful is what strikes me. When I heard we were getting a brand new court, I thought it was going to follow the flashy trend with logos everywhere, but was pleasantly surprised at the amazing work. The other thing I love is the emphasis on the city, something the Bucks have been shying away from in recent years. I am very pleased with this court!

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived