Sign in to follow this  
Elwood

Milwaukee Bucks New Court Unveiling Live

I'm glad that they're emphasizing the city. Now let's get it on the roads. ;)

Relative lack of green in the league.

Well, we've got Boston, Milwaukee, and Utah that use green. That's it.

And of those three, the Jazz only wear it as an alternate. Two teams out of thirty wear a green road uniform.

BU9_u7sCQAAi77O.jpg

This looks very good. Love the diamond effect throughout the middle of the court.

And how awesome is it the majority of the primary color is green and not red. Nicely done.

Always thought purple would look nice with the Irish Rainbow:

nNp1F42.png

You'd probably have to swap out the purple with white (and vice versa) for this to work.

I guess since the cat is out of the bag now, I can talk. I've been sworn to secrecy on the whole thing for about 2 months now. The court looks amazing in person, yes it is in the building. It's much more difficult off the bat to put together and take apart, but with practice and muscle memory it will get easier. I can't wait to see how it is going to look on TV. The whole fact it's simple it's beautiful is what strikes me. When I heard we were getting a brand new court, I thought it was going to follow the flashy trend with logos everywhere, but was pleasantly surprised at the amazing work. The other thing I love is the emphasis on the city, something the Bucks have been shying away from in recent years. I am very pleased with this court!

But now they want a shiny, new, unnecessary arena on the taxpayers dime... funny how that works.

Didn't the Atlanta Hawks have a court design similar to this when they played at the Omni in the 80s? I can't find any pictures of it, but for some reason I think "Atlanta" when I see this new Bucks court.

One idea that I would have liked to seen on this court, is if the M pattern wasn't made by two-toned wood, but rather the flow of the grain on the hardwood would make an M (Kind of like the Nets zigzag floor pattern). I am not sure if it would have shown up as well as the two-toned M though.

Anyway, now that the Bucks have gone with a hidden pattern in the hardwood, I wonder if this opens up the possibility that other teams will also do similar hidden patterns. CSU had/has a ram horn pattern in the hardwood for example. A while back (I don't remember who, maybe the Memphis Grizzlies first court) teams followed the trend of having two-toned courts around the lane and three-point arc, and now half the league seems to have that. More recently, all the new courts are getting rid of the unnecessary college lines in the paint, which is seen here on the Bucks court too, and that seems to be a new trend also.

BU9_u7sCQAAi77O.jpg

This looks very good. Love the diamond effect throughout the middle of the court.

And how awesome is it the majority of the primary color is green and not red. Nicely done.

This looks great. I also love the emphasis on green and the buck sitting alone at center court. I have a black New Era 5950 cap from the purple and green days with only that logo on it and it is probably one of my favorite caps I never wear... because Bulls... but I just loved that buck sitting alone. Had it been green it would have been perfect.

So here it is from in the rafters at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.....

BucksFloor.jpg

I found my old Bucks floor concept. Kind of neat to compare and contrast.

I always wondered what it would look like if a team went to a really exotic, dark colored court, like cherry- or ebony- or even walnut-colored. Is there a rule that the hardwood has to be a 'light' color?

I whipped up a Bucks court concept with a fairly dark floor once.

milwaukeecopy.jpg

I think it would suit them well as kind of a Northwoodsy motif (not that Milwaukee is located there, but perhaps their wood originated there?), but I'm not sure how well it would televise. Probably better than the ones that are bleached to the point of whiteness. Too much glare. I don't know of a rule that the hardwood has to be light, because how do you enforce such a thing? Wood doesn't really have pantone values.

Admiral ..your court looks great but kill the red and add some lime green or Irish rainbow and then its perfect!

No, I like the red. That's why I put it there. I think teams should stay true to their original color schemes as much as possible.

The dimensions of the design are messed up on the new court. The center diamond should have right angels, so the parts of the "M" are all the same width. With them using an elongated diamond, the sides of the M are much wider than the V part.

The dimensions of the design are messed up on the new court. The center diamond should have right angels, so the parts of the "M" are all the same width. With them using an elongated diamond, the sides of the M are much wider than the V part.

they are actually the same width, i measured. Just might not look the same because they are running at different angles

Well I believe teams should stick to their original colors to an extent. Green should stay primary..as long as they stick to their primary color then I'm fine. Changing the accent or secondary colors I believe is what revitalize a teams identity sometimes so you CAN appreciate the original. But all in all I respect your approach and opinion.

The real court is better as it stands out from the rest of the NBA courts, which is what the original Mecca court did. If it were lighter like in the graphic, it wouldn't be as eye catching as it is now.

It's a logo signifying their one World Championship, but I don't think we've had a good look at it.

Got it.

122198514_Bucks-New-Court-130924.jpg

It's the top of the old Walter A. Brown trophy, before the current one was introduced.

Walter_A_Brown_Trophy.png

I didn't realize it, but it was a traveling trophy.