Milwaukee Bucks New Court Unveiling Live

Elwood

I went to the unveiling live. I like the court, but it looks too cautious. Like the exact middle between a cookie-cutter NBA court, and the old MECCA court. Just what they would allow.

A couple points they mentioned that weren't apparent right away:

1. There is a logo on the near sideline to represent Bucks championships (1, 1971).

2. The MECCA logo on the bottom right is a panel that will actually be designed by local artists, and a winner selected to appear on the court all season. It will then be auctioned off for charity and presumably replaced with different artwork next year.

3. Season ticket holder individual and corporate names will appear engraved in the green midcourt line.

From upthread - I guess this got missed? Item 1 is what Gothamite is showing...

It's where I sit.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's with the public-access-style score graphic? Is WMLW carrying Bucks games again?

I'll echo the expectations/hopes for darker wood and less contrast.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to hear exactly what was wrong with it...they haven't said much.

Its an amazing offer. I guess people may have bought opening night tickets on the premise of the New Court unveiling and now this is a make good for them ... but wow u never see that kind of customer service... usually if something inconveniences the fans (time change for example) its TS on them

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived