Dallas Mavericks jersey contest - Cuban's Top 10

LAWeaver

http://www.mavs.com/jerseyvote/

Above is the link to the top 10 designs decided by Mark Cuban. As of now, the leader is a Denver Nuggets rip off with the skyline, while last place is similar to the Wizards/Bullets striped uni's. Here is a link to the one I voted for:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.offerpop.datastore/458180/SLn_fH.png

(Sorry, can't post pics from mobile)

What design did you guys vote for?

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there are ripoffs of the Wizards, Sonics, Magic (font wise), and Nuggets. Two uniforms that have a large primary logo dead center on the chest (which should never happen in basketball). One uniform is a BFBS. Most of these are absolutely garbage. Entries 3, 4, and 5 are really the only palatable ones...and that's stretching it, IMO.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So there are ripoffs of the Wizards, Sonics, Magic (font wise), and Nuggets. Two uniforms that have a large primary logo dead center on the chest (which should never happen in basketball). One uniform is a BFBS. Most of these are absolutely garbage. Entries 3, 4, and 5 are really the only palatable ones...and that's stretching it, IMO.

None of the chest logo crap will fly with today's conservative NBA uni designs. Even if you include the Spurs alternate, the logo on that is pretty small and not overpowering.

Here's your answer, YES! That is completely unoriginal garbage they better not go to that it almost cheapens our look.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

There's really only a couple of teams that can get away with using skylines in their designs. The Mavs aren't one of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived