Dallas Mavericks jersey contest - Cuban's Top 10

LAWeaver

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vH3L_D.png

These are pretty classy if you ask me, it holds my vote for sure.

these get my vote by default, simply because the others are soooo bad. i mean, an argyle sweater jersey? really?

this is essentially a ripoff of an old sixers style...there is not a single original design.

Obviously most people didnt understand/misunderstood the contest or there wouldn't have been so many uniform sets submitted and there would have been more alternates submitted. If Cuban had come out from the beginning and said that this would be an alternate uniform design then we might see some better, more creative products. Cuban screwed this one up.

Really hard for me to believe that any that wins is put into use without some fairly substantial tweaks.

The only ones I feel could work potentially are the bottom ones here (only they're a blatant classic Sonics rip-off). The top looks too much like the wordmark and NOB are crying, and conjure old Magic and Jazz unis to me.

RQOw71.png

These initially struck me as decent, but I'd like for the colors to be a little more...bold maybe?

vH3L_D.png

These are fine if you take out the superflous 'DALLAS' and the white hip swaths.

SLn_fH.png

Rest are PRETTY bad in my opinion. That one with the huge logo in the middle with the stripes behind looks like one of those ridiculously busy European jerseys with ads.

EDIT: Just read that it's just as an alt. If that's the case, take the middle one I posted above and darken the blue a tad. Not great, but not a dumpster fire.

Is there a story behind the argyle? I mean...?

• 3 weeks later...

I just cast a vote for the skyline jerseys. My only complaint about it is that I'd like to see the green alternate have the throwback blue on it instead of the modern navy. I like the Dallas skyline and hope they go with a half modern half throwback colors palette.

If the Sonics hadn't worn it before, I would have voted for the current leader. But I can't look at those without thinking Sonics knock offs. Hopefully Seattle brings back that template in a few years when they return to the league.

What were the guidelines for this as far as wordmarks and colors? I get the feeling there were none. The Mavs are just going to adopt whatever wordmark into their set? Seems like a sloppy method. I hope the Mavs are adopting the idea only and are free to touch up the execution to meet a professional looking standard. The huge name on back on that one really needs mofification. Otherwise it is decent.

• 3 weeks later...

These are all bad and would be downgrade over the current set. If Cuban is after a complete re design then he needs to stop being a cheap ass and hire a professional designer.

Or he can simply add Green to the current set and that in itself would be a good identity. Because let's be honest here, the current jersey set is fairly good.

Archived