TheFallenHaveRisen

Fallen's Tampa Bay MLB Concept ft. GRAIDIENTS! & Vest

I agree take the gradient off of the pants. I think you should make the gradient go left to right in correspondence with the word mark.

When you make a concept, please try to imagine a Major League team unveiling the uniforms, selling them, and wearing them 162 games a year.

If you can do that with this concept and see nothing wrong with it, then there's no need for more C+C. You've nailed the concept.

If, however, you don't see that as a plausible scenario, tell me and I'll gladly offer some C+C.

I agree take the gradient off of the pants. I think you should make the gradient go left to right in correspondence with the word mark.

I had that originally, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work with the gradient pants, but when I change those to a color, then I'll change the gradient

When you make a concept, please try to imagine a Major League team unveiling the uniforms, selling them, and wearing them 162 games a year.

If you can do that with this concept and see nothing wrong with it, then there's no need for more C+C. You've nailed the concept.

If, however, you don't see that as a plausible scenario, tell me and I'll gladly offer some C+C.

I don't see this as a plausible scenario, because I'd think this would be an alternate uniform worn only for special occasions. However I know no work is ever perfect the 1st time, because an artist will block out some minor flaws which the viewer of the art will pick up on, which is why I'm posting it now, to get those viewers that can see the mistakes I've blocked out.

Two huge mistakes you've blocked out is putting a giant gradient on the jersey and pants and bringing back one of the worst wordmarks in baseball history.

First off, use black pants with this jersey. Second, the logo/wordmark will get lost in the gradient, especially from far away. Try doing the logo/wordmark just in black and white.

Two huge mistakes you've blocked out is putting a giant gradient on the jersey and pants and bringing back one of the worst wordmarks in baseball history.

Haha it's funny because you are retarded and have no qualifications to even begin hating on that word mark. The only problem with the early rays uniforms was the inability to choose a color. Once they narrowed it down to black purple and green they were perfect. Then they eliminated the purple and it was still pretty good. However I do like the current Rays uniforms more.

As for the concept, it's really well done and this would totally have worked in the late 90's.

Haha it's funny because you are retarded and have no qualifications to even begin hating on that word mark. The only problem with the early rays uniforms was the inability to choose a color. Once they narrowed it down to black purple and green they were perfect. Then they eliminated the purple and it was still pretty good. However I do like the current Rays uniforms more.

As for the concept, it's really well done and this would totally have worked in the late 90's.

I have every right to "hate" on the wordmark. And no this is not a well done concept. A full-on uniform done in gradients is bad enough for grown men, but when you add a wordmark that itself has a contrasting direction gradient, this becomes a flat out mess. The wordmark was always bad not only because of the gradients, but the addition of the devil ray and the stacked wording that takes up the entire front of the jersey. Oh, and I was a graphic design major in college and do some in my current job and in past ones, just to share my personal qualifications.

So there, good enough for you? What makes a 19-year-old kid qualified to judge who is or isn't qualified to judge a concept? Grow up.

Oh and they were never black, purple and green. They were originally black and purple with gradients and then black, green and royal blue with the eventually reduction of black. Now they're navy and Columbia blue with a touch of gold.

I have every right to "hate" on the wordmark. And no this is not a well done concept. A full-on uniform done in gradients is bad enough for grown men, but when you add a wordmark that itself has a contrasting direction gradient, this becomes a flat out mess. The wordmark was always bad not only because of the gradients, but the addition of the devil ray and the stacked wording that takes up the entire front of the jersey. Oh, and I was a graphic design major in college and do some in my current job and in past ones, just to share my personal qualifications.

So there, good enough for you? What makes a 19-year-old kid qualified to judge who is or isn't qualified to judge a concept? Grow up.

Oh and they were never black, purple and green. They were originally black and purple with gradients and then black, green and royal blue with the eventually reduction of black. Now they're navy and Columbia blue with a touch of gold.

What makes me qualified is that I know a whole hell of a lot more about Art and design elements in general as apposed to just graphic design. And really they were never black purple and green?? I think you might want to take a closer look you :censored:ing moron. Just because I am 19 doesn't mean I don't know a whole crap ton more than you do. So maybe you should get your facts straight before you open your misinformed mouth? Oh and by the way, it has been taught in every 300 level art class I have taken, to make alternating gradient strokes when blending in order to create a more interesting form and contrast. Now who is the dumbass?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/7dlbcoedc61fg9r4flxeuhfb9/Tampa_Bay_Devil_Rays/2007/Practice_Uniform

Still you man. Still you.

(And yes, that link you posted is in fact green and BLUE.)

If that's blue then I am an elephant. What the Cubs wear is ROYAL BLUE. That was indigo which is classified in the art world as a tint of purple.

Dumbo-dumbo-6628922-500-452.jpg

For all intents and purposes, it is blue.

Also, if you are going to start an argument with "What makes me qualified is..." it helps to list an actual qualification, not just subjective opinion which cannot really be measured.

If that's blue then I am an elephant. What the Cubs wear is ROYAL BLUE. That was indigo which is classified in the art world as a tint of purple.

I think we have our first animal user right here... That loves to argue (see Where I Come From... Thread)

Oh and by the way, it has been taught in every 300 level art class I have taken, to make alternating gradient strokes when blending in order to create a more interesting form and contrast. Now who is the dumbass?

Except for if, you know, you want it to actually look good. Surely they taught you how to design things that are visually appealing in these so-called art classes. ;)

Two gradients in a design is too many, and that's why this doesn't work (among other reasons). Too busy.

What makes me qualified is that I know a whole hell of a lot more about Art and design elements in general as apposed to just graphic design. And really they were never black purple and green?? I think you might want to take a closer look you :censored:ing moron. Just because I am 19 doesn't mean I don't know a whole crap ton more than you do. So maybe you should get your facts straight before you open your misinformed mouth? Oh and by the way, it has been taught in every 300 level art class I have taken, to make alternating gradient strokes when blending in order to create a more interesting form and contrast. Now who is the dumbass?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/7dlbcoedc61fg9r4flxeuhfb9/Tampa_Bay_Devil_Rays/2007/Practice_Uniform

Yes and a glut of 300 level art students on the market each trying to express themselves in a post-modernist way is the current problem with uniform design. So take your future overrated art degree from a 4th rate institution and be off. Post-modernism sucks.

This tends to be good advice. Maybe you modify it a bit for one-offs, but is good advice.

I applaud the effort. The gradient pants, I wouldn't do again if I were you. And I would've made the wordmark white, rather than keeping it gradient.