NHL Logo Rankings

Evil G

So around July I ranked the NHL logos by the ratings they have on the logo page, and since the Ducks changed their logo, I decided to post it to the public.

1. Chicago (8.6)

2. Detroit (8.4)

3. New Jersey (8.4)

4. San Jose (8.2)

5. Buffalo (8.1)

6. St. Louis (7.9)

7. Montreal (7.8)

8. Minnesota (7.8)

9. Anaheim (7.8)

10. Boston (7.7)

11. Edmonton (7.7)

12. Nashville (7.5)

13. Philadelphia (7.4)

14. Calgary (7.4)

15. Florida (7.2)

16. Colorado (7.1)

17. Pittsburgh (7.0)

18. N.Y. Islanders (6.9)

19. Phoenix (6.9)

20. Winnipeg (6.9)

21. N.Y. Rangers (6.8)

22. Dallas (6.8)

23. Toronto (6.6)

24. Vancouver (6.4)

25. Washington (6.4)

26. Ottawa (6.3)

27. Columbus (6.3)

28. Los Angeles (6.0)

29. Carolina (5.9)

30. Tampa Bay (5.0)

Ties are decided on by how long the general design has been around.

Comments or concerns?

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

This isn't based on me, it's based on the user ratings of the page.

Which means that, while many us think we know a good logo when we see one, we clearly don't know what we are talking about! :)

I'm not doing this based on my own opinions, then the Isles would be 1. It's based on a consensus.

I also think the Flames logo sucks, the shade of red is awful and the black outline is awful as well. The black alt is much worse, however.

Might be showing my hockey ignorance here, but why does Chicago get a pass on their Native American logo? Obviously an order of magnitude below Chief Wahoo or the Washington Pigskins, but the logo still seems like a stereotype to me.

It's based of the war paint of Chief Blackhawk. I will admit, that logo is only liked because nobody has come around to modernize it, kinda like Wrigley.

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

Maybe the entire list is stupid since there are more votes for one logo and less votes for others skewing the percentages.

Would you like the ratings to be based off 30 people's consensus?

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

Might be showing my hockey ignorance here, but why does Chicago get a pass on their Native American logo? Obviously an order of magnitude below Chief Wahoo or the Washington Pigskins, but the logo still seems like a stereotype to me.

It's a stylized drawing of Chief Black Hawk, who was an actual historical figure, so it's not really stereotyping anyone. Memorializing Black Hawk is a big thing in Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin, even though he fought against the Americans.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's a stylized drawing of Chief Black Hawk, who was an actual historical figure, so it's not really stereotyping anyone. Memorializing Black Hawk is a big thing in Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin, even though he fought against the Americans.

Really? It is a big thing? I live in the CR-Iowa City-Bachmanntowne-Dubuque area and I see no statues of Black Hawk anywhere. The only thing I can think of Black Hawk County.

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

Alts:

1. Capitals eagle (8.4)

2. Stars Texas (8.4)

3. Senators profile (8.2)

4. Red Wings outline (7.7)

5. Blues arch (7.4)

6. Tampa Bay HC (7.3)

7. Jets Air Force Badge (7.2)

8. Anaheim Ducks script (7.1)

9. Bruins bear (7.0)

10. Kings crown (7.0)

11. Flames Black C (6.9)

12. Blue Jackets cap (6.9)

13. Blackhawks Tomahawk C (6.8)

14. Panthers sun, palm & stick (6.8)

15. Nashville pick (6.8)

16. Avalanche foot (6.7)

17. Wild roundel (6.5)

18. Sharks fin (6.5)

19. Stick in rink (6.5)

20. Flyers angular P-Wing (6.3)

21. Coyotes Arizona (6.3)

22. Penguins retro (6.3)

23. Leafs blank detailed leaf (6.3)

24. Sabres B-Sword (6.1)

25. Hurricanes flag (5.8)

26. Devils Den logo (5.3)

27. Islanders wordmark (5.0)

28. Rangers wordmark (4.6)

29. Oilers outline (4.5)

30. Canadiens...have nothing to show for

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

Really? It is a big thing? I live in the CR-Iowa City-Bachmanntowne-Dubuque area and I see no statues of Black Hawk anywhere. The only thing I can think of Black Hawk County.

I figured there must be some Black Hawk stuff out by the Quad Cities. Also, how do Cedar Rapids and Dubuque constitute an area?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I figured there must be some Black Hawk stuff out by the Quad Cities. Also, how do Cedar Rapids and Dubuque constitute an area?

TV Markets.

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

Archived