Claw's Great American Football League

CLAW

CCSLC Community, I have been a member for a little while now and am finally ready to begin to share a concept of mine. I made my first league when I was 8. I made up team names for fun and that soon led to logos and uniforms and then I started simulating these leagues. I am 24, which means we are in the 16th season of the GAFL. All of the histories of the teams that will follow are real (meaning that they actually happened, in a fantasy football sense). The way that I simulate the seasons will be rolled out in the next phase. In this project I will roll out all of the teams (1 a day) and their primary logos and look for C&C, then move on to uniforms and add to their identities. I want each of the logos to be strong before moving on, and will need your help. All of these logos are mine, however, some of them have elements or concepts from others. (Nothing is stolen BUT I have practice and used elements and styles that I have learned from all of you or real logos) Some of the logos also are blatant odes to real life teams.

The GAFL is a 32 team-4 conference league with a playoff format similar to the new NHL format. Here we go, in no particular order...

#1 San Antonio Defenders

On Sundays at historic Riverwalk Park in San Antonio fans amass for Defender football. The Defenders are one of two teams in the state of Texas. The Defenders have won the Pantheon Cup in 1996 and 2003 and are one of only four teams that have won multiple championships.

Stadium: Riverwalk Park

Central Football Conference

Name Explanation: San Antonio picked the name, Defenders over Steers to pay homage to the event that made their city famous.

Logo Explanation: I wanted to copy the idea of Pat the Patriot. Davy Crocket fills that role as he stands in front of a San Antonio mission.

SanAntonio_zpsa756f22b.jpg

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE FICTIONAL-NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE

http://thenahl.weebly.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#2 Seattle Steelheads

The Steelheads won the Pantheon Cup in 2002 behind QB Kevin Silverman. 2002 has been the only true success that Seattle has ever had. They are the St. Louis Blues" of the GAFL, never awful but never great.

Stadium: Starbucks Stadium

Name Explanation: Strong as steel the Steelheads are named for the other name as the Rainbow Trout that are famous in the Pacific Northwest.

Logo Explanation: Okay, I put this one in the beginning of the series cause I need advice to make it look as much like the Seahawks logo as possible.

Seattle_zps40ba47fd.jpg

#2 Seattle Steelheads

The Steelheads won the Pantheon Cup in 2002 behind QB Kevin Silverman. 2002 has been the only true success that Seattle has ever had. They are the St. Louis Blues" of the GAFL, never awful but never great.

Stadium: Starbucks Stadium

Name Explanation: Strong as steel the Steelheads are named for the other name as the Rainbow Trout that are famous in the Pacific Northwest.

Logo Explanation: Okay, I put this one in the beginning of the series cause I need advice to make it look as much like the Seahawks logo as possible.

Seattle_zps40ba47fd.jpg

Hmmmm.... very interesting. Foy 1, ya gotta continue the baby blue outline around the whole thing. Also, i agree with Whittier, SA's guy looks more like an illustration that a logo. Good start! I like where there are going!

#3 Atlanta Gorillas

The Gorillas have owned one of the best defenses in the league over the league's first 15 seasons. They dominated St. Louis beating them 24 to 0 in the only shutout in Pantheon Cup history.

Southern Football Conference

Stadium: Coca Cola Dome (aka The Jungle)

Name Explanation: How is there not (besides Pittsburg St) named the Gorillas? They are fast and powerful.

Logo Explanation: I tried to base it off of the Carolina Panthers logo. Or at least that was the inspiration.

Atlanta_zpsf23b6baf.jpg

#4 New York Emperors

EASTERN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Stadium: Empire Stadium

Name Explanation: So many people on these boards have some sort of name like the Emperors/Empire/Imperials etc. The reason is that it is an awesome name. Maybe it is Star Wars-influenced mixed with the state nickname or something, but it sounds great.

Logo Explanation: Tried to take another approach on the Emperors and going with an Emperor Penguin

NewYork_zps8f24ab08.jpg

After seeing the Defenders logo, no offense, I had no interest in this series. But those three new logos, there great. I'll be following this series closely.

By the way on Atlanta, give the gorilla an ear not just a C.

NEWSGG copy.png

Thanks guys, I am working on your C&C and will post the updates as I finish them. This next one please read the explanations because I want to give credit where credit is due.

#5 Florida Flamingos

The Florida Flamingos are surprisingly one of the league's oldest teams. Known as proverbial losers, the 'Gos have never won a Pantheon Cup but are fan favorites in Miami.

SOUTHERN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Stadium: Royal Caribbean BallPark

Name Explanation: I always thought it would be fun to see a team wear pink. Mostly because I know that it will never happen unless the Miami Marlins add it to their already crowded color palette. Flamingos is a natural name for a team that would be pink.

Logo Explanation: I want to give almost all of the credit GriffinMarlins who has a team named the Flamingos. I had a similar design already from years past but I used various elements to enhance the logo. I loved the way that he used shading to give the head texture and wanted to practice it. I wanted to make it look similar to the Baltimore Ravens logo and slapped the annoying "F" on the side of the head. So there is the credit and inspirations that I drew from. The team and basic design I had but both of those inspirations got me to the next step. ENJOY!

Florida_zps3ea9e0f5.jpg

# 6 Carolina Kraken

The sixth franchise to be unveiled is the Carolina Kraken. Carolina is the league's newest member. Charlotte, North Carolina was given an expansion team to the SFC in 2006. The Kraken have not seen many great seasons in its short history but they do share one of the fiercest league rivalries with Florida.

Name Explanation: This name was in direct relation to the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie that came out in 2006. Such a powerful and evil creature seemed perfect for a team from Carolina. The alliteration was also a plus.

Logo Explanation: Since no one really knows what a Kraken looks like and it most likely was a badass octopus I tried to make it look as octopus-like as possible. I envision a suction cup looking pattern on the shoulders in carolina blue or something for the uniforms. I just need to make it.

Carolina_zpsa76f093b.jpg

love the updated Atlanta logo. I also agree with the fact that the f should probably not be on the flamingo; in fact maybe you should rethink that team; i don't think the horror of naming a team the flamingos is worth it just to have a team with pink in its scheme. Like the kraken logo and colors, though; especially in favor of the football seams near the bottom.

Archived