Claw's Great American Football League

CLAW

love the updated Atlanta logo. I also agree with the fact that the f should probably not be on the flamingo; in fact maybe you should rethink that team; i don't think the horror of naming a team the flamingos is worth it just to have a team with pink in its scheme. Like the kraken logo and colors, though; especially in favor of the football seams near the bottom.

I know exactly where you're coming from on the Flamingo idea. The team is just so apart of the league at this point it would be like getting rid of the Chicago Bears.

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE FICTIONAL-NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE

http://thenahl.weebly.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#7 Chicago Centaurs

The Centaurs are one of the most decorated GAFL franchises. One of the league's founding members, the Centaurs went to the first two Pantheon Cups. They did not win their first, however, until 1998. They won again in 2002 and then ten years later in 2012. They are the only team to have been to 5 Cups and one of two that have won three.

Central Football Conference

Stadium: The Midway Coliseum

Name Explanation: I thought greek monsters and mythology was a great and underused source for mascots in professional sports.

Logo Explanation: I figured at the time that they were created it would have been a minimalist logo. I think it is simple yet swift and could be cool on a helmet.

Chicago_zps3d0ee41f.jpg

Thanks for C&C guys, although I am constantly moving on I am making edits and updates to each concept.

#8 Denver Stags

The Stags have the honor of being the franchise who one the first ever Pantheon Cup. They have gone back to the Championship two more times but have not won. They beat Chicago in PC1 and then lost to Atlanta in 2004 in PC10 and then lost again last year against Minnesota in PC19.

Stadium: Centennial Stadium

WESTERN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Name Explanation: I wanted some sort of herd animal for Colorado.

Logo Explanation: Tried to work a concept off of the new (or at least rumored) Utah State logos. I love the shading on the sides of the face. Gives it a cool look.

Denver_zpse577fbbc.jpg

Hey All! Sorry I have been absent the last three days, I was away without a computer. To make up for it I will give you THREE teams today. I hear what everyone is saying with wordmarks. Those are coming, but currently I am just giving their primary logo. Similar to the way the logos are presented on Chris Creamer. I will add to each team as we go, so I do hear what you all are saying. Enjoy!

#9 Indianapolis Cheetahs

The Cheetahs are like the Atlanta Braves of the GAFL. The Cheetahs have won the CFC (Central Football Conference) a league record 6 times. They have played in three Pantheon Cups (all consecutive) from 2005 to 2007. They walked away with only one championship however leaving Cheetah fans filled with the feeling that their team who dominated the 2000s should have won more.

CENTRAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Stadium: Indianapolis Football Speedway (Dome)

Name Explanation: Speed, quickness and ferocity are all characteristics that Indianapolis football tries to emulate. The Cheetah is a relatively unused moniker and exemplifies those qualities.

Logo Explanation: The Cheetah has to be running. I tried to make the spots more look like NASCAR blocks. I am working on it. Tried to make the cat look fast.

INDY_zps52b83e6b.jpg

#10 New Jersey Hitmen

The Hitmen are the arch rivals of the New York Emperors who play across way in New York. The Black and White (how racially harmonious) have not made it to a Pantheon Cup yet.

EASTERN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE (EFC)

Name Explanation: It was an old XFL team. As a sopranos fan i find it to be a good team name and wanted to try it.

Logo Explanation: This one is different. I do not think that this will be their helmet logo but it is a start. C&C will be helpful.

NJ_zpsb6d0123b.jpg

#11 Virginia Vanguard

Virginia is a contender almost every single season. They have won one Pantheon Cup and are the hated rivals of Washington (tune in tomorrow!).

SOUTHERN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE (SFC)

Dreadnaught Stadium

Name Explanation: One of the most important states of the revolutionary war the city of Norfolk, VA adopted the name Vanguard to pay homage to the fact that their great state played the role of Vanguard in the war against the British.

Logo Explanation: It is a combination of three faces (one red, one white, one blue). The three heads show the teamwork of the colonials and the teamwork needed on the field.

VIRGINIA_zpsda445c4f.jpg

By the way Claw, you're not getting NEARLY as much attention as you deserve here. All of these are great! Very nice my friend

I totally agree, love this series IMO.

Although, I have a few problems on the new 3

Cheetahs: The face looks like a square

Hitmen: There just should be no face

Vanguard: Looks good, Love the name.

NEWSGG copy.png

San Antonio: Cool nod to Pat Patriot, though the left arm and football look a bit off.

Seattle: I don't really care for basing the logo off of a team already in the same city (as opposed to what you did with SA). Seems kinda AHL/Minor League because of that.

Carolina: Love the hidden C in the football!

Florida: The F is as unnecessary as the B is on the Baltimore Ravens logo

I feel like the logos are improving a bunch as you go on; the last few are wonderful. My favorite would probably be the Cheetahs.

I hear what you are saying about Seattle. I did that with a couple other teams too, mostly just messing around with concepts. The next couple follow a similar pattern actually, those will be the only ones that are like that though.

#12 Houston Elevens

The Houston Elevens came into the Great American Football League in 2004 and have won only one conference title. Houston and San Antonio are bitter rivals and the Defenders were not happy when they became the 1 of 2 instead of being the only team in texas.

CENTRAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE (CFC)

Marathon Oil Stadium

Name Explanation: I know there are the Houston Rockets but this is a specific ode to the Apollo Eleven team that landed on the moon in 1969.

Logo Explanation: The silhouette of the lunar module in an attempted Houston Texans-style with the state of texas and an "H" which is made up of two ones.

Houston_zps665a7685.jpg

I didn't see the design at first until I read the description. Very creative with the logo, though I don't know of the state outline is necessary. Otherwise, fantastic idea and great work.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

#12 Houston Elevens

The Houston Elevens came into the Great American Football League in 2004 and have won only one conference title. Houston and San Antonio are bitter rivals and the Defenders were not happy when they became the 1 of 2 instead of being the only team in texas.

CENTRAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE (CFC)

Marathon Oil Stadium

Name Explanation: I know there are the Houston Rockets but this is a specific ode to the Apollo Eleven team that landed on the moon in 1969.

Logo Explanation: The silhouette of the lunar module in an attempted Houston Texans-style with the state of texas and an "H" which is made up of two ones.

Houston_zps665a7685.jpg

Genius.

NEWSGG copy.png

Archived