Claw's Great American Football League

CLAW

Just a heads up, the next two teams are mostly for fun and not necessarily as "serious" of concepts.

#13 Saint Louis Stouts

The St. Louis Stouts have boasted one of the more elite defensive units in league history. Similar to the Baltimore Ravens or Chicago Bears the Stouts have always had limited offenses and strong defenses.

CENTRAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Name Explanation: Once I was old enough to know about different types of beers, and understood where the name the "Brewers" came from I looked up different types of beers with the intention of picking one for St. Louis. Stouts just sounded the strongest. Alliteration helps.

Logo Explanation: This is where it gets fun. In order to not copy off of the IceHL's Milwaukee Lagers logos I went the mug route.

StLouis_zpsc0891e99.jpg

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE FICTIONAL-NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE

http://thenahl.weebly.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it took me a while to get the hang of it. i started by trying to recreate real logos and then started with my own designs. The next one is a real team that I made when I was very young, but the logo is mostly messing around.

#14 Washington Pigskins

The anemic Washington Pigskins have been a staple in the GAFL since its inception. The Skins have been a notoriously bad team (think Detroit Lions bad).

SOUTHERN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Name Explanation: When I was a kid I thought it was funny, but now that I am older I know that this is not a realistic choice for a team name. But like the redskins in real life I refuse to change it. The name works on a few levels here if Dan Snyder ever needed to change. You enable the fans to continue to call the team THE SKINS. You have PIGSKINS which means A FOOTBALL. And the Redskins fans literally dress up like Pigs on Sunday. I think it is time to make the move. "I do not apologize to animal animal groups because the name the Pigskins is a source of pride for pigs everywhere". Owner Dan Snyder writes to ticket holders after the President came out against the name.

Logo Explanation: I tried to make it look as much like the Redskins logo as possible. If anyone has any ideas to make it more like it without copying I would love to hear it. I didn't think I should use feathers, seeing how it's a pig and not a bird. Check it out and enjoy.

washington_zpsc9e21ac5.jpg

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE FICTIONAL-NORTH AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE

http://thenahl.weebly.com

Just a heads up, the next two teams are mostly for fun and not necessarily as "serious" of concepts.

#13 Saint Louis Stouts

The St. Louis Stouts have boasted one of the more elite defensive units in league history. Similar to the Baltimore Ravens or Chicago Bears the Stouts have always had limited offenses and strong defenses.

CENTRAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

Name Explanation: Once I was old enough to know about different types of beers, and understood where the name the "Brewers" came from I looked up different types of beers with the intention of picking one for St. Louis. Stouts just sounded the strongest. Alliteration helps.

Logo Explanation: This is where it gets fun. In order to not copy off of the IceHL's Milwaukee Lagers logos I went the mug route.

StLouis_zpsc0891e99.jpg

I suppose that name works, if you're referring to the stouts made at Saint Louis Brewery / Schlafly Tap Room.

Archived