So when Trump abandons the Generals, the NJ-Houston merger doesn't happen, right? Why wouldn't Argowitz move the Gamblers to San Antonio? And the Outlaws had already moved to Arizona.

It wasn't Jerry Argowitz that owned the Gamblers of the time of the merger. It was Stephen Ross, the current owner of the Dolphins.

Also, if the Miami team did come into fruition, it would have been called Spirit of Miami.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

So when Trump abandons the Generals, the NJ-Houston merger doesn't happen, right? Why wouldn't Argowitz move the Gamblers to San Antonio? And the Outlaws had already moved to Arizona.

It wasn't Jerry Argowitz that owned the Gamblers of the time of the merger. It was Stephen Ross, the current owner of the Dolphins.

Also, if the Miami team did come into fruition, it would have been called Spirit of Miami.

Actually, you're both wrong. Argovitz sold out to Trump in Houston. Stephen Ross had acquired the Baltimore Stars. And no one has definitive information on what the potential Miami team would've been called.

BTW, not for nothing, but since when does the sports equivalent of fan fiction generate interest around here? I'm not knocking it or anything... it just seems like back in dinosaur days, this kind of thing would've been pissed all over by the powers that be.

/get off my lawn

//going to take my Metamucil

nav-logo.png

Archived