CIS thread

kevsim1

WARNING: This thread will not apply to most of you.

Just went to the Waterloo-Guelph university football game. Guelph looked Terrible! Almost no red (their main color) in their jersey, except for the helmet decal and a miniscule stripe on the sleeves. Just white jersey, yellow helmet and numbers and black pants. Sorry, couldn't find ANY pictures online. I don't think that there is another CIS tread (if so, my apologies) so I decided to start this, not only for football, but all varsity sports in the CIS, anything uniform or logo related.

Best thing that I can think of is Carleton regaining a football team. They have been dubbed 'Oregon of the north', for these beauties! New football unis, and a brand new logo!

Carleton_zpse67a94a8.png

Any varsity sport remember,

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just attended the Waterloo Warriors--- Windsor Lancers hockey game. I can say I loved either team's look.

Last year, the Warriors wore this beauty:1297381152576_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Which I really liked. This year, they have gone back to simplicity by putting the primary logo on the front, 1 yellow stripe at the very bottom, and a roundel shoulder patch with a yellow Michigan St logo (It sure didn't look like the Warriors logo, which have some small differences. It reminded me of the back of the Belleville Bull's alternate sweater. I can't say that this is an upgrade of any kind in my mind. They also included a different colored nameplate. White on a black jersey with yellow letters.

Next up, the Windsor Lancers.250px-Windsor_Lancers_2012.JPG

That is basically what they wore, good 'ole Adidas!. Really Michigan-esque, with the old Dallas stars script and numbers on the front of the jersey. I think that they are just foolish for not using this beautiful logo on the front:

1cu0nkfc7dchs620pe6jxkxi2.gif

Now, the Lancers were especially screwed up up because the name on their names on the back, I counted 3 different scripts. 1 bolded one for 2/3rds of the team , 1 regular one for 3 or 4 players, and a totally different font for a few more. It wasn't even 'let's use the regular font for longer names', because they had a guy with the last name of something like Quakenbusch or something like that bolded, and another named Murphy that wasn't bolded.

My biggest problem with both sets was that they both include stripes that don't finish. The lancers have this:

14lancers.jpg?w=630

Yup, you're seeing it right. The stripe just ends at the hip, and restarts around the other side. Ughhhhh!!!

With the Warriors, it's less serious, but still noticeable. on a thin stripe at the elbows, it just cuts off half way through. No stripe on the back, is a stripe on the front. Also, since it's their only stripe excluding the very bottom of the jersey, it's a tad bit more noticeable.

Thanks for reading!

A bit more then just a rec league, though the amount of players who make it to the NHL via CIS hockey is dwarfed by the amount who make the jump from the CHL. I'd call it rec league plus. Though the laid back atmosphere can be a lot of fun. At least it was at the UWO games I went to.

What's CIS hockey like? Mostly major-junior alums cashing in their scholarships, right? Does anyone make it to the pros, or is it basically just a rec league?

A bit more then just a rec league, though the amount of players who make it to the NHL via CIS hockey is dwarfed by the amount who make the jump from the CHL. I'd call it rec league plus. Though the laid back atmosphere can be a lot of fun. At least it was at the UWO games I went to.

You get the occasional really good cis team. If your familiar to NCAA hockey caliber teams, I know that last year, Waterloo went down to Ohio and beat the Redhawks from Miami. Also, I remeber Michigan destroying a middle-of-the-pack Windsor Lancers like 8-3 or something along those lines. Even one of, if not the best CIS team, the Alberta Golden Bears, beat the Canadian world junior team in an exhibition. The only CIS player turned NHLer that I can think of off the top of my head is PJ Stock played for ST. Francis Xavier, and became an NHLer. I agree, a fairly laid back atmosphere, but still some pretty good hockey.

Queens has some of the worst jerseys I've ever seen outside the 1996 NHL Third Jersey Program. Or at least they did when I announced a game against them circa 2010. Really tough to find photos though. It was an original Edge template with blue, gold, red, and I think white...just madness

Queens has some of the worst jerseys I've ever seen outside the 1996 NHL Third Jersey Program. Or at least they did when I announced a game against them circa 2010. Really tough to find photos though. It was an original Edge template with blue, gold, red, and I think white...just madness

http://gogaelsgo.com/index.aspx?path=mhockey

There's a logo on the sock...

What's CIS hockey like? Mostly major-junior alums cashing in their scholarships, right? Does anyone make it to the pros, or is it basically just a rec league?

And the Waterloo Warriors downed the Wolverines at Ann Arbour in the last exhibition game 2-1 a few days ago. Found this page. Apparently, the 2 countries' universities play each other quite often in exhibition play.

http://www.your-college-hockey.com/CIS-Hockey.html

Archived