MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

Hey everyone! I've been a lurker on these forums for far too long, and I figured it's about time I make a post.

I saw that now-viral post on reddit of a guy redesigning the NFL - so I thought I'd take a stab at the MLB. Here's what I've got so far.

9fFnheJ.jpg

oo4EVLQ.jpg

WASwbMj.jpg

wPIXhab.jpg

pFXC5Jc.jpg

P45jHmF.jpg

EXLDkPx.jpg

OG0rTd1.jpg

And yes, I'm aware the tiger looks like the Chicago Bear. I'll be revisiting it in the future. CC welcome!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all extremely well rendered and creative, however don't exactly fit the style of MLB logos. Not to mention some, Pirates, Giants, Tigers, replace basically irreplaceable identities.

But just as concepts from a creativity standpoint, these are mostly awesome. Excellent work.

EDIT: A simplified shaded, recoloring of that Liberty bell design could actually work as an alternate logo for the Phillies possibly.

for the Angels script and logo, be sure to fill in the blank spots inside the logo

THAT'S why that looked funny! Thanks! I couldn't place it.

Many of these have a "turn ahead the clock" feel to them. Very vibrant and enjoyable. I look forward to seeing the rest of them!

That was what I was going for, thanks!

Hey everyone! I've been a lurker on these forums for far too long, and I figured it's about time I make a post.

I saw that now-viral post on reddit of a guy redesigning the NFL - so I thought I'd take a stab at the MLB. Here's what I've got so far.

Can you also post the URL from that post on Reddit?

I prefer imgur myself, but here's the gallery http://imgur.com/gallery/yGJKk

Thanks everyone! I've been on pace of about 1 a day, but it all depends on what's happening with work/job search. There's no real rhyme or reason as to the order of teams being done, but if you'd like me to tackle one team sooner than others, just holler and I'll try to accomodate.

I really like these. They've got a crisp, modern feel to them, without going overboard like a lot of the NFL logos did.

Anaheim: Great modernization. I agree that filling in all the little notches would perfect this. My other suggestion would be to drop red entirely and make Anaheim yellow.

Houston: Awesome.

Philadelphia: Awesome.

Texas: It's well-executed. I've never been a huge fan of crossed-gun logos, but that's just a personal preference.

Pittsburgh: Another good modernization. My only gripe is that the wordmark has got an awful lot of beveling.

San Francisco: Awesome. My only nitpicks are that there is a small bump in the bottom right of the S of Giants and that the vertical lines in the S and F aren't quite parallel.

Cleveland: No complaints.

Detroit: Yeah, there's quite a bit of resemblance to the Chicago Bears logo. Maybe try adding a few more tiger stripes. Also, I think the ears look a little funny.

Keep up the good work; I can't wait to see the rest.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

You are VERY talented my friend. I agree with the turn-forward-the clock statement earlier, and I like it!

Angels: Huge upgrade on what they have, i like it!

Astros: Don't know exactly what it is, because its a great idea, and very well-executed, but something just isn't clicking. I'd love to see an H for Houston rather than an A for Astros

Phillies: Big overhauls to a very prestigious identity, but it looks awesome!

Rangers: I really like it, but would an MLB team use a gun in their logo these days (ie. Colts .45's)

Pirates: Probably my least favourite, but still looks good. Looks for like a member of a bike gang with a black monocle (not everyday you say that, eh?) rather than a pirate

Giants: Not really an upgrade or a downgrade, so I think you've gotta stay with the untouchable logo

Indians: LOVE IT!!!

Tigers: A couple tweaks and you've got yourself a nice Bears concept!!!

GREAT WORK!!!

These might not be adopted by MLB teams just because of the fact that MLB logos tend to be simpler than these, but as concepts these are fantastic and I can't wait to see them all! Might I humbly request the Mets?

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Thanks, everyone! I'm really glad to see people like these things! Again, they're just concepts, so no need to go full uniform design with these. Unless, one of you wants to!

I made the edit to the Angels logo, and I think it looks loads better.

Ne9UNeP.jpg

Here's also an Alt look I put together for the Rangers because of the whole "Sports thinks guns are evil" thing

kZNRHuD.jpg

And finally, I got a Yankees logo done this morning. I think I've got the Brewers on the docket, but then can start on requests.

p5ZnmJG.jpg

Archived