MLB Redesign - Yankees Revised (w/ Uniforms)

derschwigg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angels: I really like this, script and logo, although I prefer seeing more red. Just a personal preference. My only other critique is that I think the wing is way too cartoony. I'd either simplify it or make it more realistic. The pudgy feathers look too cartoony.

Astros: Interesting, although something about it doesn't read baseball to me. Something about the squareish A puts me off. I'd like to see that as an H rather than an A like Kevin said. Wordmark is pretty standard, but good.

Phillies: Really nice, and beautiful homage with the old 80's-style ball. I think the color scheme is throwing me off a little bit, though. Script is meh, but serviceable.

Rangers: The script is perfect. I prefer the second one not because of the loss of the guns, but because it reads more primary mark to me. The other one was too elongated for a primary. To me, primaries should be fairly even in both dimensions. Wouldn't mind seeing crossed pistols behind the second one.

Pirates: Looks more like a minor league or football logo, and the script is waaaay too detailed.

Giants: Their font is too perfect as-is, but besides that, I don't think the SF reads too well.

Indians: Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Admittedly, it looks a slight bit minor-leagueish, and the C isn't too distinct, but I think it's a perfect common ground between Wahoo and the offensively boring block-letter C.

Tigers: A nice modernization of the tiger head, but perhaps a bit too cartoony for the majors. A little bit more detail and finer lines may help. Wordmark seems basic and reminds me of the current NFL font thread. In fact, I swear I've seen that exact font somewhere.

Yankees: I dunno. The star is a bit Texas-y. They kinda own the market on that one. I'd say using the Uncle Sam hat rather than the star would work better for a primary. Wordmark looks beautiful, though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tigers: A nice modernization of the tiger head, but perhaps a bit too cartoony for the majors. A little bit more detail and finer lines may help. Wordmark seems basic and reminds me of the current NFL font thread. In fact, I swear I've seen that exact font somewhere.

You have: DePaul. I'm sure they're not alone, though.

Thanks so much everyone for your CC! I'll try my best to take it all into consideration.

Primary is great, the script, not so much. I'm not really a fan of the gap under the ET in METS. If you made the letters either all the same height or made the ET on the bottom of the word, it would look much better.

I tried that originally, but it looked weird. The smaller ET allowed for breaks in the orange line, which I think breaks up the logo nicely. It's not blobs of color that way.

For your second Rangers logo I'd slap the wordmark over the star. otherwise you have two logos that are almost alike with the Yankees. I like that Indians logo as well. it's a nice look that would work in real life.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'd make the KC white. That gold-on-gold shows no contrast and they're almost indistinguishable. I'd also maybe drop the 3D drop shadow. Seems a bit overkill on such already full design. Other than, pretty nice. The crown would probably have to simplified for cap embroidery, but in print, it looks really cool with the angle and shadow over the top of the K.

I quite like some of these. That Pirates logo looks WAY too much like CJworks' San Antonio Desperadoes logo from his football league for my liking.

comparison.png

I did use it for *strong* inspiration, but the more I look at this league so far, the more I see the need to just redo the Pirates entirely. It's the one I like least at this point. That, and the Tigers. I love the Tiger, but I only see the Chicago Bear anymore.

I'm leaning to a skull with crossed bats for the icon over a Pirate character. This style of rendering is much better suited for football.

The Mets are nice, although it's hard to see anything but their current as a wordmark. Is the outline of the logo meant to be one of those pay binoculars, or is that coincidence?

Royals is a home run, as is the Pirates new look. The text is great, and the best text match I've seen so far!

Also think the Houston H looks better.

Overall an amazing job as you get into the swing of things. Looking forward to how on earth you're going to do some of the West teams, and I have a feeling the Rockies and Mariners are gonna look pretty boss.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived