Canadian National League - TORONTO pt.1

adobo

I was playing NHL 14 earlier and I decided t put the leafs in the green st pats unis only to find out how awesome the green with brown pants looked!

I figured i had to utilize this combo somewhere, so it found its way on to my next team:

Old Toronto FC

Around from the start, the are the most storied franchise in the National League. With by far more trophies than any other club, they have been consistently good throughout most of their history... except for right now. The battle of Toronto is at an all time low, as the other team (up next) is currently a powerhouse and OTFC is quite the opposite.

Owned by MLSE, their identity is reminiscent of the past namesake, of the leafs; the Toronto St. Pats.

Their crest is intended to look classic, while not becoming dated. The shield in the middle is from the ON flag, to represent past dominance of the province.

OldToronto-1.png

Since their look is inspired by that of the St. Pats, check out these kits:

OldToronto.png

I knew i had to go with the brown shorts to complete the vintage look, and I personally think it looks sweet!

The brown didn't look nearly as good with the white, though, so i stuck with a conservative green.

The socks are a clear nod to the leafs, and BTW this post took a while to write because I'm so distracted by the game (Go leafs go!) :hockeysmiley:

Second TO team to come next!

Very cool. I did something similar in my Canadian Rugby Premiership concept. Even used the same kit sponsor. Check the link in my sig if interested.

Yeah, I just checked those out and I gotta say; those are incredible! Each one is so unique and well thought out

About the St. Pats, they have a great look that's worth emulating, so it was an easy choice once I got the idea.

It's a shame that the leafs haven't taken advantage of this and made it a yearly st. patty's day tradition to wear those green unis.

• 1 month later...

Starting from out east, it's The Atlantic Football Club.

Founded in 2001, the checkers are the newest club in the CNL. They have had relatively little success thus far, but they have a youthful squad full of potential and hopes are higher than ever.

For the crest, I have gone fairly simple with the only real elements being the checkerboard pattern and the bird from the halifax flag.

Atlantic.png

The kits feature a checker pattern (hence the nickname), similar to that of croatia, but blue.

I went orange for the away with some simple checker patterns to keep with the identity, and I did a little playing around with the checkers for the alt to make it a little more unique.

The sponsor is CanJet, an airline hq'd in the area.

Atlantic-2.png

So there ya go! C&C will of course be appreciated

Stick around for more!

the pattern/template of the ALT may be the best looking shirt I have ever seen... Seeing the checkers you'd hope whatever city sporting these will have a large Croatian population (Like Hamilton or Mississauga)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived