2013-14 NCAA Football Coaching Changes Thread

dfwabel

I'd say the Towson coach who is a fromer OC @ UConn might get the job in the offseason

By hiring him (Rob Ambrose), it would be a continuation of what they had under Edsell and Pasqualoni.

Remember, Pasqualoni was hired by the now retired AD, Jeff Hathaway, as the high school coaches in the state liked Pasqualoni.

Current AD, Warde Manual, played under Bo at Michigan, so I would suspect a coaching hire from the MAC.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this has been noted yet. But I'd be real surprised to see Mike London make it out of this year in Charlottesville. Currently, UVA is 2-8 (0-6 in conference) with one win coming against VMI. Plus, they get Miami and Virginia Tech to end the year. He's definitely going to get the axe.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Don't know if this has been noted yet. But I'd be real surprised to see Mike London make it out of this year in Charlottesville. Currently, UVA is 2-8 (0-6 in conference) with one win coming against VMI. Plus, they get Miami and Virginia Tech to end the year. He's definitely going to get the axe.

It will cost them at least $11M to terminate him and his staff.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/virginia-athletic-director-craig-littlepage-says-mike-london-will-return-next-season/2013/10/18/eb53a3ba-37f0-11e3-ae46-e4248e75c8ea_story.html

• 4 weeks later...

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/virginia-athletic-director-craig-littlepage-says-mike-london-will-return-next-season/2013/10/18/eb53a3ba-37f0-11e3-ae46-e4248e75c8ea_story.html

Apparently London is safe after going 2-10 and already on the hot seat. Guess they REALLY want those recruits.

Apparently London is safe after going 2-10 and already on the hot seat. Guess they REALLY want those recruits.

Or can't afford the buyout.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's UVA, what else do you expect?

It's UVA, what else do you expect?

So Virginia Tech would set $11 million on fire in addition to paying another coach's salary. That's a fine institution there boy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Texas is looking at Nick Saban...obviously, but now there are rumors that they're trying to get Jim Harbaugh to come back to college football. Wow. I get it, Texas is a great football school, but do they really think it's the #1 football place to be in America whether it be college or pro? The whole, shove Mack Brown out, go after anyone who is the best no matter the price, is a pretty ballsy move.

I guess maybe they'll have some officials head over to Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant's grave to find out how much money it will cost to convince them to come back from the dead.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived